[Released] Titan 1024 (GZDoom)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Phobus

Re: [WIP] Titan 1024 - Testers wanted!

Post by Phobus »

As a big fan of both Titans and an awesome Doomer, I wish to offer my services as a tester.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

insightguy wrote:Seems interesting. May I play test on hurt me plenty with the following things:
1.Perks smooth weapons with nashgore on 1st run (AKA. normal gameplay :P )
2.Brutal doom on the 2nd (cause i'm sure at least 50% of the people who are going to play this are going to play with it so I may as well see if there will be any script execution problems)
3.Cosmetic doom (same reasons as brutal doom)
4.Mutiny (enemy and weapon balance test for the map)
5.OSJC's weapons mod with nashgore (for fun :) )
6.RSL's DOOM NG (test how some slight weapon randomization will affect game play [AEOD and 667 shuffle are WAY to messy and WILL vary all the time making testing inaccurate])
7.psychic (to test how the mod's magic will affect gameplay)
8.Necrodoom (just wanna see what happens)
9.MKWW-AH (this Hernandez mod was nice for me.)
10.WW-NAZIS! (testing projectile bullets in the map)
Ensuring compatibility with myraids of other mods is so far beyond the scope of what work I'm willing to do I'm afraid those tests would be of little value :(
Phobus wrote:As a big fan of both Titans and an awesome Doomer, I wish to offer my services as a tester.
Cool! PM me your e-mail address so I can send the beta version to you.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

the 1st 2 are necessary. the other 8 were just for my entertainment :) (i'll do the 1st 2 forst on both runs before going on to the other 8)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

insightguy wrote:9.MKWW-AH (this Hernandez mod was nice for me.)
I would not advise serious playtesting with a mod that is as unfinished as that one.
Gez

Post by Gez »

No, neither Perkristian's smooth weapon mod nor Brutal Doom are necessary.

PSW is not necessary because either the mod doesn't modify the weapons and you know it'll be perfectly compatible; or the mod changes the weapons and you know it'll be incompatible. It is a binary yes/no affair that requires no testing at all.

BD is a mod that changes the balance entirely and is itself completely changed every couple of weeks, so it's not even worth it to attempt to check for balance with it. It's not necessary because it's a waste of time.

Finally, there are plenty of people who play mapsets without any of these mods.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Such as me, somebody who's just submitted their test report.
Meg@Doomer

Post by Meg@Doomer »

If you don't have enough testers I'd be happy fill in (any skill level). Just feel free to email to me (please let me know what skill level you'd like a test on).

If you already have all the testing you want that's fine as well, just offering.
Last edited by Meg@Doomer on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Meg@Doomer wrote:If you don't have enough testers I'd be happy fill in (any skill level). Just feel free to email to bdl816@aol.com (please let me know what skill level you'd like a test on).

If you already have all the testing you want that's fine as well, just offering.
I mailed you a beta version with some fixes based on Phobus' comments. If you could run through it on HMP it would be great.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

screw it. i'll just run it on normal doom HMP.
Email: *redacted*

P.S. I usually rate the game play and tend to ignore bugs 90% of the time
Last edited by insightguy on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

insightguy wrote:P.S. I usually rate the game play and tend to ignore bugs 90% of the time
Not exactly what I was hoping to hear from a tester, but I sent you the beta version ;)
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

insightguy wrote:screw it. i'll just run it on normal doom HMP.

That completely defeats the purpose of beta testing. You're supposed to report any bugs you encounter so, you know, they can be fixed. Saying you're just going to rate the gameplay basically means you just want to play this before it actually gets released, since you're not really testing anything so much as just playing it for fun.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Zero X. Diamond wrote:
insightguy wrote:screw it. i'll just run it on normal doom HMP.

That completely defeats the purpose of beta testing. You're supposed to report any bugs you encounter so, you know, they can be fixed. Saying you're just going to rate the gameplay basically means you just want to play this before it actually gets released, since you're not really testing anything so much as just playing it for fun.
What i meant to say is that i tend to miss bugs most of the time thinking the mapper actually wanted it (unless of course, It seems fairly obvious. ex. glitchy behavior, unaccessable areas of interest or even frozen monsters)

P.S. a lost soul in map03 ended up going sideways when it was trying to attack me. pretty weird.
Scripten

Post by Scripten »

I loved Titan and would enjoy playtesting this, but I have to spend pretty much all my Doom time testing my own crap. >.<
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Scripten wrote:I loved Titan and would enjoy playtesting this, but I have to spend pretty much all my Doom time testing my own crap. >.<
Don't worry, I'm getting a lot of very useful feedback from the bunch who're already testing. :)
Scripten

Post by Scripten »

Good to hear. Can't wait to see the project come to fruition. *Thumbs up*

Return to “Levels”