[Released] Titan 1024 (GZDoom)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ixnatifual

Re: [WIP] Titan 1024

Post by Ixnatifual »

Ixnatifual wrote:Haven't been working on the project for a while but I'm back on it now. Gotta finish this sucker! Will hopefully be finished early next year.
Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:36 pm
STFU n00b.

I've decided to pick up this project again. Map 8 is now done. Only one map left to go. And then a titlemap... and a lot of balancing... and a few touch-ups. And finding some good sky textures.
Spoiler:
This room has actually been done for quite a while. It was the rest of the level that was missing!
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

:yup:
hugoroy

Post by hugoroy »

Hell yeah, can't wait to play this.
Gez

Post by Gez »

But how will you call the 1023rd sequel to Titan?
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Ugh... I'm really struggling on the last map. I've tried making a smaller pyramid, both one going up and one going down. But it seems the space is just too small for this kind of stuff.

I'm starting to think the "remake" of the ninth map won't turn out anything like the original.

Any bright ideas?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

On Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:37 pm Ixnatifual wrote:Given the recent spree of 1024 map packs being released...
Heh, the 1024 craze is not such a recent thing any more. :P

Good to see that you are still forging ahead with this. No bright ideas here though. :?
Gez

Post by Gez »

You know how some big ZDoom projects had maps growing too large and getting turned into a hub? TUTNT and ZPack provide examples. Try splitting the map into two 1024x1024 maps. :)
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Actually got an idea now. Hopefully it'll work out.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Map 9 is done. It's nothing as grand as the original, but it does bear some resemblances.

Next up is playtesting, a titlemap and other assorted stuff on my to-do-list. Fortunately playtesting this is rather quick since the levels are so small. It does get dull playing your own maps over and over :)
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

I think the level set is about as good as I can make it based on my own testing. Therefore I'd like to know if there's a few people who'd be interested in testing it for me. Ideally I'd like to have at least one tester playing on each of the 3 basic difficulty levels (Hey, Not Too Rough, Hurt Me Plenty and Ultra-Violence).

Testers will probably be able to complete the level set within 2 hours fairly easily.

If you want to help test it:
1. Reply to the thread and say you want to test. In the same reply, write which difficulty you intend to play. It's okay to change the difficulty later if you feel it's too easy or too hard on your intended difficulty. But just to get a general idea. UV is likely brutal for most, but not impossible and definitely not the hardest WAD out there.
2. It's for GZDoom, so make sure you have it. If not, you can get the newest version here: http://www.osnanet.de/c.oelckers/gzdoom ... 1-6-00.zip
3. Send me a PM with an e-mail address to which I can mail you the level set. It's a 1.5MB zip file.
4. Please make a reply using the spoiler tag below to comment on your test experiences. Bear in mind I'm primarily looking for feedback on bugs and mapping errors. I'm not planning on making big changes to architecture or gameplay. That's not to say I won't make minor adjustments based on your comments if I feel it's warranted enough. But the main purpose is to make sure you can run the levels and don't get stuck due to mapping errors or other bugs. A suggestion from me would be to write down any thoughts on a map as soon as you complete it so you don't forget it later.

Tester feedback form:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Ixnatifual on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Springy

Re: [WIP] Titan 1024 - Testers wanted!

Post by Springy »

I would be happy to test on UV. First of all when does this test need to be completed? I might be able to do tomorrow if not, then Thursday for definite.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Ixnatifual wrote:2. It's for GZDoom, so make sure you have it. If not, you can get the newest version here: http://www.osnanet.de/c.oelckers/gzdoom ... 1-6-00.zip
FIFY :wink:

The homepage hasn't been updated, so many people missed it.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Springy wrote:First of all when does this test need to be completed?
Would be nice if it was done sometime this week, but no rush for now. Thursday is perfect in my book.
Gez wrote:FIFY :wink:
Thanks a lot. I've been testing on an old version then! Fixed my post.
Springy

Post by Springy »

Okay then I'll PM you my e-mail.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Seems interesting. May I play test on hurt me plenty with the following things:
1.Perks smooth weapons with nashgore on 1st run (AKA. normal gameplay :P )
2.Brutal doom on the 2nd (cause i'm sure at least 50% of the people who are going to play this are going to play with it so I may as well see if there will be any script execution problems)
3.Cosmetic doom (same reasons as brutal doom)
4.Mutiny (enemy and weapon balance test for the map)
5.OSJC's weapons mod with nashgore (for fun :) )
6.RSL's DOOM NG (test how some slight weapon randomization will affect game play [AEOD and 667 shuffle are WAY to messy and WILL vary all the time making testing inaccurate])
7.psychic (to test how the mod's magic will affect gameplay)
8.Necrodoom (just wanna see what happens)
9.MKWW-AH (this Hernandez mod was nice for me.)
10.WW-NAZIS! (testing projectile bullets in the map)

2 runs each:
1st: Normal run with some to none secrets
2nd: "Look for all the damn secrets" run

Any other suggestions? (P.S. needed new maps to pay anyway.) thanks

Return to “Levels”