- 10 new single player levels for Doom 2.
- Designed with the "1024" format, restricting level design to effective use of small space.
- Nonlinear design, allowing different possible routes to solve most of the maps.
- Exciting PAR times shoehorned into the level set using powerful scientific guessing methods, rather than field work.
- Requires GZDoom (get GZDoom 1.6.0 here)
Original project description
Given the recent spree of 1024 map packs being released, I was inspired to make my own attempt at mapping with 1024x1024 sized play area restrictions. I had already been thinking about a possible remake of Titan in an effort to make something up to par with Titan 2, but have been apprehensive due to the amount of work involved. After playing Congestion 1024 and Claustrophobia 1024, the idea of making a 1024 styled remake seemed the logical choice. 1024 style maps can be made and tested relatively quick due to their small size, and I figured it would be an interesting excercise as well.
Thus I have begun work on Titan 1024. It is essentially a remake of Titan, using the restrictions of the 1024 ruleset and applying the design principles of Titan 2. All the levels are created from scratch and will differ from the original levels in terms of layout. In terms of visual design, the 1024 levels draw inspiration from Titan, which should give the levels a familiar, although more advanced, look.
Due to the small size of 1024 maps, this project shouldn't take overly long to finish. Possibly I will also add an additional, secret level, something the original Titan didn't have.
archive.gamers.org: ftp://archives.gamers.org/pub/idgames/l ... ta1024.zip