Cool mods people might have missed.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
MetroidJunkie

Re: Cool mods people might have missed.

Post by MetroidJunkie »

TheBadHustlex wrote:The only Doom-Horror-Mod I know is Ghouls Forest, but that's a joke-wad, more or less.

How about Total Chaos? Granted, it's more action horror than survival horror but it looks very promising.

Skrell

Post by Skrell »

MetroidJunkie wrote:
TheBadHustlex wrote:The only Doom-Horror-Mod I know is Ghouls Forest, but that's a joke-wad, more or less.

How about Total Chaos? Granted, it's more action horror than survival horror but it looks very promising.

wow!! that is very impressive?? What is the current status of this mod?
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Skrell wrote: wow!! that is very impressive?? What is the current status of this mod?
Not sure, the video was uploaded November 17th (2 weeks ago) so it hasn't been that long and there's no indication that it was halted so I'd guess he's still working on it. Only way to know for sure is to ask.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

WAHT THERES A NEEW TOTAL CHASO VIDIOE?!

*ahem*

I must check this out when I get home. I've been rather excited to see this project come to fruition.

8-)
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Total Chaos, looking mind-blowing as usual.

On the subject of cool mods people might have missed, here's an older one called ZOMBIES TC; http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file= ... ombies.zip

It might not look pretty, but it is damn good fun. Not sure if it works in ZDoom, but it works in vanilla just fine.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

On the subject of horror mods, someone apparently made one after Five Nights at Freddy's. Gotta love how they even include the death animation of the animitronics killing you.

grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Is there a downloadable version of total chaos yet?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

grouchbag wrote:Is there a downloadable version of total chaos yet?
I don't think it's finished yet.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Okay,thanks for letting me know.Have a good one!
Veinen

Post by Veinen »

32in24-14.

I know it's extremely recent, but I suspect most people will overlook a single player 32in24, and this is a pretty good one.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

grouchbag wrote:Okay,thanks for letting me know.Have a good one!

http://www.totalchaosmod.com/

According to the blog, any demo was delayed because of the sheer scope of the project and an Open Alpha won't be available until April-June.
Veinen

Post by Veinen »

I've felt it wouldn't be bad to point out & keep track of some larger releases that fewer people may be aware of when they come out, so I'll mention Oblivion, a full Ultimate Doom episode by Stormwalker (he made last year's Flashback to Hell). It's based loosely on one of his first releases, Phobos Massacre from 2010, but far from the same.

I'm almost sure this is mentioned already at some point in the depths of this thread, but kmxexii's blog is also a very good source to discover some less known, potentially larger mods especially from recent years: http://onemandoom.blogspot.com/p/index-of-reviews.html
Stormwalker

Post by Stormwalker »

Thanks Veinen! I'm admittedly horrible at promoting my own stuff, so I appreciate you getting the word out.
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Here is a one-level demo of a Star Trek TC by Jason Sloan. I found a thread about it long ago but could never find a download link, until now.

It was made for Legacy, but runs great with ZDoom.
Spoiler: Screenshots
Download trek1.zip from archive.org
Veinen

Post by Veinen »

Stormwalker wrote:Thanks Veinen! I'm admittedly horrible at promoting my own stuff, so I appreciate you getting the word out.
Oblivion has good level design/architecture but after playing it I honestly must say the gameplay needs to be balanced. Not enough health for all the hitscanners and maybe a touch more ammo wouldn't hurt either. A lot of people seem to agree with me on this as well.

Maybe take some time to refine that and put out a v1.1, it should be a very good episode then. :)

Return to “General”