Cool mods people might have missed.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
wolfman

Re: Cool mods people might have missed.

Post by wolfman »

edgymemester wrote:It was a really cool mod, everything felt more fluent and polished than the original, if you wish, I can dig it up and upload it here for you, it's a real shame that sanderson didn't post his other projects that he featured on his youtube channel, such as the zblood + mod.
I would be interested in the TCOTD2 mod if you can find it. It used to be hosted on WadHost.
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

Regarding enhanced version of a mod, I think there exist an enhanced version of Zombie TC. It had new non-reskin weapon. Does anybody know it?
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

wolfman wrote:
edgymemester wrote:It was a really cool mod, everything felt more fluent and polished than the original, if you wish, I can dig it up and upload it here for you, it's a real shame that sanderson didn't post his other projects that he featured on his youtube channel, such as the zblood + mod.
I would be interested in the TCOTD2 mod if you can find it. It used to be hosted on WadHost.
Here it is

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7d7ac ... inalv3.pk3

Enjoy :D
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Thanks!
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

There was a mod, I think for Zdoom, that was heavily influenced by Hero Core but I can't find it.
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

tsukiyomaru0 wrote:There was a mod, I think for Zdoom, that was heavily influenced by Hero Core but I can't find it.
HeroForever :?:
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

wolfman wrote:
tsukiyomaru0 wrote:There was a mod, I think for Zdoom, that was heavily influenced by Hero Core but I can't find it.
HeroForever :?:
Thank you! I could not remember what was it!
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

NantoCodd wrote:Regarding enhanced version of a mod, I think there exist an enhanced version of Zombie TC. It had new non-reskin weapon. Does anybody know it?
It was by Cory Whittle, and it runs in EDGE.

Sorry, I don't have the readme file...
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

I don't suppose anyone still has Doom Vercetti 1.1 laying around their hard drive. That version felt just right, but I lost it...
fluff

Post by fluff »

Does anyone know of any good "unique gameplay" maps, for lack of a better term? Things like Doom Raider, You Dig, or even whackier stuff like Isle's works (Rats Solitaire, ACS Arcade)?
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

Golden Souls basically is Super Mario World with guns
fluff

Post by fluff »

Golden Souls is great but not really what I meant.

I'm looking for more projects that either heavily focus around mechanics not found in Doom (like You Dig's digging) or ones that are entirely something else altogether (like Rats Solitaire). Novelty wads basically.
Gez

Post by Gez »

To be fair, you did list Doom Raider, which honestly isn't much different from regular Doom gameplay.

Urban Brawl is mostly focused on melee combat with junk weapons you've got to replace regularly.
Skulldash is about grabbing items as fast as possible, though it's not so much unique mechanics as a different emphasis on existing mechanics.
The deathmatch mod Push is about shoving other players off of platforms. It's still deathmatch, though, and technically it's still aiming weapons at opponents, it's just that the environment plays a larger role.
Prime Directive's gameplay is largely about finding powerups, the most important of which being the super jump that lets you explore previously inaccessible areas. It's been compared to Metroid for this.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

So, are there any good Doom2-styled city megawads out there?
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

fluff wrote:Does anyone know of any good "unique gameplay" maps, for lack of a better term? Things like Doom Raider, You Dig, or even whackier stuff like Isle's works (Rats Solitaire, ACS Arcade)?
Phocas Island 2? haven't played that in a long time, but you're basically exploring a large island that is inhabited with monsters and the like.
Slax wrote:So, are there any good Doom2-styled city megawads out there?
Doom 2 Reloaded, for 2/3 of the megawad, is a bunch of futuristic bases with some big city-like ones in the middle.

Return to “General”