Cool mods people might have missed.

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
taufan99

Re: Cool mods people might have missed.

Post by taufan99 »

It's been a long time since I last came here. Are there some great mods released circa 2014 I can play?
taufan99

Post by taufan99 »

Thanks for the suggestion, Rowsol. I enjoy some of them a lot.

Also, I'm searching for mods heavily inspired by the PSX port.
Gez

Post by Gez »

If you don't have them already, look for Scalliano's "Threshold of Pain", its (unfinished) sequel, and also the PSX Doom TC Lost Levels.
taufan99

Post by taufan99 »

Gez wrote:If you don't have them already, look for Scalliano's "Threshold of Pain", its (unfinished) sequel, and also the PSX Doom TC Lost Levels.
Thanks. It's been a long time since I last played ZDoom, really. So I can't remember anything about the mods made specifically for ZDoom.
atar

Post by atar »

Please i am looking for good shuffle mods ( like AEOD , scallianos 667 shuffle- any update yet?)..Any suggestions will be nice!
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

You just bumped a month old thread. Look at the title, MORON!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Oberron wrote:You just bumped a month old thread. Look at the title, MORON!
It's a pinned thread, it can't be bumped. Look before you call people names.

Actually, you know what? You're being exceptionally bratty today, so I think you need to take a week off.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Aaaaaaalrighty then. :o
atar wrote:Please i am looking for good shuffle mods ( like AEOD , scallianos 667 shuffle- any update yet?)..Any suggestions will be nice!
I suggest you DoomRL with the Monster Pack, one of my personal favs. The variety of weapons and monsters is pretty good, exponentially increasing the replayability of mappacks. :D
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

atar wrote:Please i am looking for good shuffle mods ( like AEOD , scallianos 667 shuffle- any update yet?)..Any suggestions will be nice!
Complex Doom might interest you. It's not exceptionally focused on randomness, but has its share of nice stuff.

New Complex Doom versions are posted here periodically.
atar

Post by atar »

Thank you all fellow doomers a lot for your kind suggestions!
Gaderiel

Post by Gaderiel »

Hello guys, I'm searching for good texture replacements ready to be played.

So far I've found a Hexen 2 texture pack, Cacodemon Textures and Fearrific. Anything else out there?
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

SandersonCallum's version of The City of The Damned 2 was pretty cool. It use to be up on some site that hasn't existed for years and years, along with many of his other mods that he didn't release on mainstream sites, I don't think many people downloaded it or much of his other work, it's a shame it isn't up any more, he was very gifted at what he did. I regret that I didn't grab more while the site was still running. I might still have his tcotd version somewhere on my computer, though I wonder whatever happened to him :/
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

edgymemester wrote:SandersonCallum's version of The City of The Damned 2 was pretty cool. It use to be up on some site that hasn't existed for years and years, along with many of his other mods that he didn't release on mainstream sites, I don't think many people downloaded it or much of his other work, it's a shame it isn't up any more, he was very gifted at what he did. I regret that I didn't grab more while the site was still running. I might still have his tcotd version somewhere on my computer, though I wonder whatever happened to him :/
Do you remember what was different between that and Tormentor's original release?
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

wildweasel wrote:
edgymemester wrote:SandersonCallum's version of The City of The Damned 2 was pretty cool. It use to be up on some site that hasn't existed for years and years, along with many of his other mods that he didn't release on mainstream sites, I don't think many people downloaded it or much of his other work, it's a shame it isn't up any more, he was very gifted at what he did. I regret that I didn't grab more while the site was still running. I might still have his tcotd version somewhere on my computer, though I wonder whatever happened to him :/
Do you remember what was different between that and Tormentor's original release?
From what I remembered, the original revolver was replaced with the one from powerslave, the napalm launcher was replaced with a tesla cannon, and the weapons which weren't replaced were all smoothed out and made to be fairly accurate depictions of the weapons from the original blood (ie the pitchfork, sawed off and tommy gun had really smooth and improved animations with some tweaked statistics).

There were a few extra enemy types, like the devil that guarded the city gates, and the cultists who were already there were improved to have smooth animations, more varied behaviour, and nicer sprites with a darker tint and different colours. It also contained some Cyberdemon variant as the final boss instead of Tchernobog.

Other than that, I think there were a few other misc item reskins and texture improvements.

Here's a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaIwe82OP8g

It was a really cool mod, everything felt more fluent and polished than the original, if you wish, I can dig it up and upload it here for you, it's a real shame that sanderson didn't post his other projects that he featured on his youtube channel, such as the zblood + mod.

Return to “General”