[Contest] Doom mutator contest! ENDS OCTOBER 1ST

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Contest] Doom mutator contest!

Post by Kinsie »

All praises to Wildweasel - his Altmod demonstrated that you can use TEXTURES for sprites, so I used that as the base.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

All that teleportation travel has made the doom guy a bit unsteady on his feet, help guide him through the levels in search of a toilet to puke in.
Attachments
Dizzy.wad
(982 Bytes) Downloaded 409 times
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

mine is a simple run of the mill lots of monsters with random spawners.

several of the translations look like shit currently, and i still need to fix a few things to balance it more *IE the pain elemental class monsters can populate a map within minutes due to the high amount of souls they spit*

the suicide soul will sometimes stick around after it dies... not sure what causes this...

and i ABUSE THE FUCK out of FatAttack.

the good translations actually come from ZDCMP1 and Icy's maps in ZPack. and i borrowed Torm's carriable medikits.

and i will state this, try to play this on a map with lots of dead marine decorations for some fun, there is a rareish spawn that can replace it, powerups are fun.

thus i give you N00B D00M version 0.9.8 <- yes i tacked that on for no reason

*Note* Use Doom 2 since this is currently not all that compatible with Doom 1

Dont expect anything revolutionary at all, also this is not an actual final submission, just a look at what ive done so far *no screens for now, that will come with the final build and actual submission*

and yes, a lot of 'work' for a complete steaming pile of some sort of putrid substance.
Osiris Kalev

Post by Osiris Kalev »

Well, here's my entry (which may be subject to upgrades later on):

Doom: Shrunken World!
--One small file, one small army, one large change in gameplay
(Screenshot does not really do it justice)

You, along with all the enemies and pickups are now a third of your original size! Levels are larger! (Technically speaking it's true :P)

Weapons seem to be more accurate too (the hitscan weapons) due to also making their bullet spreads one third of their normal range.

Also, will be adding some additional "features" later on like Giant enemies that can crush you and even powerups that make you giant, to be able to crush those now tiny enemies.

Bugs currently include: Projectile monsters fire projectiles at a slight pitch up which makes them useless at long range (aka, a lot of the time)
Attachments
ShrunkenWorld.wad
Shrunken World
(16.12 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

Cutmanmike wrote:
  • No new graphics (including sprites, textures, patches, the lot).
What about using color translations through decorate?

I'm so working on an entry for this contest :)
Tails Butt

Post by Tails Butt »

Final Edit: Updated and done. SNES Doom Pwad aims to emulate certain behaviours and quirks of the SNES port of Doom. Originally intended for Ultimate Doom but works for Doom II. Old file I dusted off and quickly brought to specs of the contest (But not to really compete as it's not much) Things affected include monster/misc sounds BFG and Plasma Rifle behaviour,No damage thrust and so on.

Not everything I had in mind can be done until a future version of ZDoom and it's been years since I could play the SNES so I am going only on my memory.
Attachments
SNESDOOM.wad
(8.44 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Last edited by Tails Butt on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Dancso wrote:
Cutmanmike wrote:
  • No new graphics (including sprites, textures, patches, the lot).
What about using color translations through decorate?
Of course, color translations are fine.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Oh balls, I was working on something like this for a while. Now it'll seem like I'm being unoriginal when(if) I get around to finishing it.

edit: lolbump, oops.
i shouldn't post while half-asleep, it seems.
edit 2: then again, it was still on the first page. so it's not really a necrobump, is it? :P

edit again: Does changing the pitch/speed of a vanilla doom sound count as a "new resource", thus breaking the rules? If so, I'll have to come up with a replacement for one of my zanier ideas... :?
alysiumX

Post by alysiumX »

Is it too late to enter something into this? I have an idea im working with now, hopefully it wont take too much longer to finish :D
Gez

Post by Gez »

I'd hazard the guess that it'll be too late once Cutman updates the first post to say it's closed...
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

There should be a "deadline" or what... Just so i know how much do i have to hurry with my entry. :P
Captain Proof

Post by Captain Proof »

Seems like there was alot of people with small side projects they've been keeping under wraps.
Darsycho
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Darsycho »

Here, over 20 new monsters made in 3 days. Enjoy you happy people =P
Attachments
CrazyMonsters.wad
yada yada yada
(20.5 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

It's SmartDoom!

SmartDoom makes all projectile attacks work similar to the smart missile in Descent. They spawns 7 slower, and homing forms of themselves after exploding. All you need to run it is a level with plenty of projectile emenies. Hitscanners don't have this effect, though.

The homing isn't the best in the world (It's really hacky because I wanted the sub-missiles to home like descent ones, which Doom doesn't have by default), but it still presents a bit of a challenge.

EDIT:Link down for the moment. When I uploaded it I didn't expect serious internet issues. I'll try to get it to some free place before things slow down... again...
alysiumX

Post by alysiumX »

I finally finished my entry! Its an invasion script using ACS and decorate so you can do invasion on almost any level! All you have to do is use this wad with your favorite doom level.
Spoiler: Screenies
You start off by picking one of 4 classes :
-Plasma Fiend : Wield the plasma gun
-Kamikaze : Fist and Rocket Launcher
-BuckShot : Shotgun and Super Shotgun
-Medic : Chaingun and can heal people by providing stimpacks.

after that you going thru invasion waves, the first wave consist of just what is normally in the level, then it starts to double from there. Its currently defaulted at 6 waves but is changeable.

Another cool feature is Ive made the script extremely easy to edit. If you go into the ACS you'll see "Customizable Values" in there you can set the following features:
-Number of total waves.
-Which monsters respawn using a simple true and false value.
-And you can turn on Single Monster Mode(Spawns only one type of monsters for every actor) by specifying true for that value as well as providing the thing name from the list provided.

I also currently have it set so unless your on ultra violent, cyberdemons, masterminds, and arch-viles won't respawn.

Its pretty fun stuff, though it won't work for every level, any level that has a "boss" you defeat to end the level won't work, but maps like map07 of doom2 is still playable, though you get some weird oddities going on with the middle platform, shouldn't effect you too much if you don't mind not being able to exit and finishing invasion waves lol.

#Note : Uploaded as attachment but I plan to put it on the idgames archive as soon as it will let me.
Attachments
xnvasion.zip
Invasion Mod
(7.01 KiB) Downloaded 447 times

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”