[Contest] Doom mutator contest! ENDS OCTOBER 1ST

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Dancso

Re: [Contest] Doom mutator contest! ENDS OCTOBER 1ST

Post by Dancso »

FINALLY!
I've chased away my lazyness for a while and managed to get my entry done, sort of.

I hereby present to you:
Reflex.wad

Description:
With mouselook and strafe available to us, most of the original doom monsters didn't prove to be a challenge, but with this wad, that's about to change. The monsters have become agile and dodgy, some of them will even jump at you, if you are close! Most monsters will now have less delay before attacking, arachnotrons will prove to be a threat this time. :twisted:
The enviroment now acts a bit more reallistically - explosions shake the ground as well as the biggest enemies.
Pinkies *cough* I mean demons are now not-so-pinkies, they've been blessed with a slightly darker skin, how tough they've become just didnt go well with that colour. :P

I've left the archvile, bossbrain and former humans untouched, every monster has the same amount of health as before.
All in all, this mutator is aiming to raise the difficulty of gameplay, while staying quite loyal to the original monster code.
(No random recolors of monsters throwing excessive amounts of projectiles at you! Also no cheap bestiary copies)

Tip: Keep your distance. I mean it.
Your reflexes WILL be tested ;P

Download link:
http://www.speedyshare.com/401976578.html
Last edited by Dancso on Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

It sucks, because you made it.

HI.

Let me download and test it :P Sounds like a nice wad.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Dancso wrote:No random recolors of monsters throwing excessive amounts of projectiles at you!
Hey! Mine are NOT "random"! They're just ugly! And the amount of projectiles is only SLIGHTLY excessive; It's the damage you have to look out for! :P
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

Ethril wrote:
Dancso wrote:No random recolors of monsters throwing excessive amounts of projectiles at you!
Hey! Mine are NOT "random"! They're just ugly! And the amount of projectiles is only SLIGHTLY excessive; It's the damage you have to look out for! :P
Actually I didn't really look at anyone's entry in this thread :lol:
I was trying to refer to the average "hard doom" kind of wads, though. :P
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Yeah Dansco, I agree, when will people learn that lame recolours that throw spread fireballs are dull and noobish? :lol:
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

CaptainToenail wrote:Yeah Dansco, I agree, when will people learn that lame recolours that throw spread fireballs are dull and noobish? :lol:
but, that's the entire point behind mine! :P
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

CaptainToenail wrote:Yeah Dansco, I agree, when will people learn that lame recolours that throw spread fireballs are dull and noobish? :lol:
[kind of off topic]
I have to admit, that's my problem with the Hectebus. I really don't understand why so many people think it's cool. It's just a greyscale-ish recolour with some yucky-looking spread attacks. It's really quite a n00bish enemy IMO, yet it crops up everywhere.
[/kind of off topic]
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Okay no more entries for now. Locking this until I'm ready to make the voting topic, which should be as soon as I relocate all the files. Damn temporary hosts!

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”