[v1.0.0] Psychic -- HEY LOOK ITS RELEASED NOW

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xaser

Re: [WIP] Psychic -- Public Beta #3 [Co-op friendly!]

Post by Xaser »

I know it's only one shotgun, but I was lazy and didn't want to call it anything else. :P

And you're right, I missed a spot in the KDiZD patch: the KEYCONF doesn't add the Automatic versions of the weapons. I'll update that in a bit. Thanks for finding it.
Orangewaggs

Post by Orangewaggs »

your very welcome there is a lot of things i notice when i play stuff( like when you have the psycho overcharge and you have the grenade gun you cant switch weapons unless you press a number key i guess the powered up grenade gun counts as something different idk)
@TDA: Thanks and i didnt think you spelled it wrong i was just gonna go with it :P
darmuss

Post by darmuss »

The dw link is down :(

...and now it's up again? :D
Xaser

[WIP] Psychic -- Public Beta #3 [Looking for Artist]

Post by Xaser »

Well, foot. I usually don't ask such things, but here goes.

Though the latest revision is drawing very close to the point of eventual release, there are still a few spots missing here and there. Among it all, there are a few art-related spots that I'm not quite skilled enough to fill.

To put it simply, I'm now seeking an artist who is capable of drawing a couple of the game's characters for use in a TITLEPIC, as well as a few misc. images for the help screens (though I haven't settled on exactly what they'll consist of just yet). It shouldn't be too overly complex, hopefully, but if anyone's interested at all (or perhaps knows someone who might be), I can give more info upon request.

It's worth a shot, hopefully. :P
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [WIP] Psychic -- Public Beta #3 [Looking for Artist]

Post by DoomRater »

And as a side request: can I retain their services next for my own TITLEPIC?
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Xaser wrote:Well, foot. I usually don't ask such things, but here goes.

Though the latest revision is drawing very close to the point of eventual release, there are still a few spots missing here and there. Among it all, there are a few art-related spots that I'm not quite skilled enough to fill.

To put it simply, I'm now seeking an artist who is capable of drawing a couple of the game's characters for use in a TITLEPIC, as well as a few misc. images for the help screens (though I haven't settled on exactly what they'll consist of just yet). It shouldn't be too overly complex, hopefully, but if anyone's interested at all (or perhaps knows someone who might be), I can give more info upon request.

It's worth a shot, hopefully. :P
I'm bored. I know I was supposed to get you the portraits but this is probably a bit higher in the list of priority. Right?
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

That looks like interesting chalenge but i fear I woudnt have time. You can send me what you have on mind and I will try to make something but I cant currently guarantee any results.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Xaser, you should just post the specifics of the art that you want here... it'd be more convenient for any artist willing to take it up.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Hmm, good thinking. May as well, since it seems there's a bit of interest so far.

Basically, the title screen I imagine consists of the two "main characters" of sorts. You naturally play the anonymous silent hero type, but (ideally) you're able to choose between a male and female persona in player setup... or PsyGuy and PsyGirl, as I call 'em. The titlepic would basically be the two posing in front of an arbitrary background, which I should be able to take care of or whatnot. Thing is, I'm not so great at drawing human characters, especially not in a style easily translatable to Doom. Thus my proposition... may as well make it public, while I'm here.

Anyhow, here's some quick details on the characters' apperances and pose ideas:

PsyGuy: Tall, lean, somewhat muscular. Jet-black hair, grown out just a bit and kinda messy, with a single small lock hanging low on face (not emo-style, though). Small, dark round sunglasses worn low on face. Mischievious grin, for good measure. Wears dark clothing and a long coat (think Matrix), though it's up to the artist to design+detail it however he/she likes.
-Pose: Slightly left of the center of the pic, facing screen, slightly at an angle. Summoning a fireball in left hand w/plenty of pyrotechnic flair, while boasting the mod's signature sawn-off double-barrel shotgun in the other hand.

PsyGirl: Somewhat tall, slender. Blonde hair, shoulder length, arbitrary style. Same style round sunglasses, only see-through with a red tint. Sly smirk on face. Same as above regarding clothing design, though -- feel free to get creative.
-Pose: Slightly behind and to the right of PsyGuy, facing a bit to the right (of the screen; PsyGirl's left). Carrying the dual Handguns, one silver, one black. One hand + gun is being charged with the Lightning power, with arcs of zappiness and all that stuff.

Style: Not *too* cartoony (i.e. mspaint flatshaded), though any somewhat-serious art style is fine, really. (For the record, by "somewhat serious" I mean "not too chibi-style", though I'd happily use that for a credit/help screen or something, for goofiness. :P )

Background: Arbitrary and optional. I could do this part, though if any potential artists decide to include one, that's just as well. :)

If, by some chance, I recieve multiple "entries", I'll most certainly use one for the credit pic or something else, so I assure everyone that any submissions of decent quality will not go to waste.

Thanks in advance, perhaps?
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

In the latest version, I have witnessed some odd behavior with the Earth power. If you aim up or down at a very steep angle, you can end up with a very SLOW shockwave that obliterates everything in its path, causing even Earth level one to do horrendous things to bosses. Furthermore, if this slow-moving wave of death should hit a decoration such as a tree or evil eye, there is the possibility that it will stop moving and rumble in place. This is simultaneously hilarious and annoying (even a single spike makes a ton of racket), not to mention potentially game-breaking (only the player can pass through the spike unharmed)! :woh:
Project Shadowcat

Xaser wrote:Thanks in advance, perhaps?
Pencil is already on paper, Xaser. They're looking good already.
ED: Oh, crap, that post was six days ago. Topic tracking fail. >.<
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Haha, better late than not at all? Still psyched to see what you've got!

@Gnoll: A keen eye you have -- that's a problem, indeed. Whether or not intentional, it looks like floorhugging projectiles' speeds are affected by vertical aim (makes sense considering the function is simply negating all Z velocity). I never noticed this, and it's a problem in GZDoom since you can aim straight up and cast an immobile spike trap of death. :P

Is there a simple flag that tells a projectile to ignore Z aim when firing, a la BFG? That would be incredibly useful... I could fix this with an A_CustomMissile hack somewhere, I suppose, though a simple method is always handy, too.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Xaser wrote:Is there a simple flag that tells a projectile to ignore Z aim when firing, a la BFG? That would be incredibly useful... I could fix this with an A_CustomMissile hack somewhere, I suppose, though a simple method is always handy, too.
A_FireGrenade(?) ignores your pitch, but I have no idea how customizable it is...
Project Shadowcat

:evil:

Malpractice with human faces has really destroyed whatever I had when I went to ink. I need to try again, but I have something else (that will pay me) to finish first. How much longer are you willing to wait?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Well, I suppose considering my lack of progress, it wouldn't be right now for me to rush you too terribly with it. :P

Sad to hear, though. :( -- This is precisely why I never do anything non-digital aside from a pencil sketch.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”