[WIP] Monster Deathmatch (Alpha 7) Updated!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

[WIP] Monster Deathmatch (Alpha 7) Updated!

Post by Rachael »

This message is cross-posted

This mod has now reached Alpha 7.

I would like to turn this into a community project. I am not one to ask the community for help, but if you want to contribute to this project, you are quite welcome to. I would like to add the following to the project:
  • Maps tailored just for this mod (I'm not much of a mapper myself, sorry) The mod will still be compatible with all Vanilla maps, and any coop/deathmatch compatible map, but I'd still like to have some maps that are made just for the mod. Important thing to remember is monsters are essentially one-use weapons, or also traps, as far as item placement goes.
  • Weapon sprites for the monsters (Pre-existing ones work, but you must be the original author of the sprites, I will not accept someone else's work without giving proper credit and without their permission)
  • Play testers (Credit will be given to XutaWoo, Wartorn, and one other person whose name I do not recall, for already doing some of this, but you guys are still welcome to do some more if you want!)
If you're interested, please send me a private message. Access to the DRD Team forum is preferred; I have set up a forum there for development.
Spoiler: Old Post
Spoiler: Changes
Spoiler: Known Issues
Attachments
monsters-alpha7.pk3
(18.04 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Last edited by Rachael on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
Unholypimpin

Re: Monster Deathmatch (Alpha 4) Needs Volunteers!

Post by Unholypimpin »

i can help out with maps or sprites. i made some sprites of my own, revenant arachnotron archvile mancubus(you can find a better mancweapon in torms site though =[)
though my mapping isnt the best in the world im sure i can make you a map of decent quality.
let me know if you want my help.
Lolo_is_cool

Re: [WIP] Monster Deathmatch (Alpha 5) Needs Volunteers!

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

This project looks nice, indeed.
About the weapon sprites, if it could be interesting for you, you could use the werewolf's hands from Blood for the archvile's weapon.
For the spider-mastermind, you can use the basic haingun sprites, adding the base of the BFG (without the black part of it and enlarge it horizontally) on it, removing the Bobbing of the weapon;
arachnotron, same thing, just use the plasmagun instead of the chaingun.
For the imp, i remember there's already a weapon for it on WrW.
i have no other ideas for now
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Skulltag Server up. ^^

You should be able to see it on IDESE, but you can also type "connect stmonsters.ath.cx" in the console to get it. It's currently on the game Final Doom TNT.

You will need Skulltag build 2056 to connect.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Updated.

Alpha 6:
  • Cleaned up the code considerably, condensed some of the repeating flags into parent classes so it will be easier to add new monsters in the future. Also, makes the mod easier to customize.
  • Some monsters previously had erronious flags, such as the Archvile and Fatso having +NORADIUSDMG. The originals never had those flags, so this has been corrected. Originally those flags were put in for testing.
  • Pain Elemental / Lost Soul spawning has been moved to its final implementation. Its current implementation showcases a ZDoom bug, but when fixed, should work correctly.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”