ÆoD (6.06.02 (03-14-16))

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Gato303

Re: ERROR WHILE RUNNING VERSION 6.02 & VERSION 5

Post by Gato303 »

doomguy214 wrote:I Get errors running 6 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts while running Aeons of Death 6.02 & 5 with Z doom Git Build can you please advice what version of Source port should i run to get Aeons of Death Running along with its version if possibel

Vesion 5 downloaded from here
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... start=3315

version 6.02 download from here
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20500
http://www.sendspace.com/file/x4rfnq

main package used for version 6.02 is as
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Shb- ... sp=sharing

please advice which version of source port along with specfic version & download link if possible to run aeons of Death Vesion 5 & 6.02

I have not problem in Running Vesion Latest Vesion
Good day, I am having the same problem when running Æons of Death 6 on GZDoom 2.1.1, it worked fine on GZDoom 1.9.
I got the next messages:
Spoiler:
I am running Æons of Death on GZDoom compiled for Xubuntu Linux 16.04, I also tried on a Windows version of GZDoom 2.1.1 and same problems.
What is happening?? Why it worked on GZDoom 1.9 but not in 2.1.1 ?? I will thank for your help
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: ÆoD (6.06.02 (03-14-16))

Post by Hellser »

Make sure you're using the GZDoom versions from GitHub. Not the release versions.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Hellser wrote:Make sure you're using the GZDoom versions from GitHub. Not the release versions.
Correction, he means DRD Team.

(GET IT RIGHT ROOKIE)

Also what he needs is 6.06.2. Lesser versions won't work because of multiple redefinitions of user vars.
Gato303

Post by Gato303 »

Major Cooke wrote:
Hellser wrote:Make sure you're using the GZDoom versions from GitHub. Not the release versions.
Correction, he means DRD Team.

(GET IT RIGHT ROOKIE)

Also what he needs is 6.06.2. Lesser versions won't work because of multiple redefinitions of user vars.
I'm sorry mr Cooke, but I am using GZDoom 2.1.1 compiled for Xubuntu Linux, using the source from git://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom.git from the "Stable" branch (and following http://zdoom.org/wiki/Compile_GZDoom_on_Linux instructions ). The GZDoom versions on DRD Team are all "PRE" (and for Windows only) and I already had problems with "PRE" versions.

I am going to update to the 6.06 version of Æons of Death (I was using the 6.02)), maybe that will help. Thanks for the suggestions.

I know it's off-topic, but I have this same problem with DoomStorm, do I have to download and updated version too?? Thanks
Miru

Post by Miru »

I wonder how to defeat a Weeping Angel? They seem to tank everything.

Also, it's cool that you'll be able to customize weapon slots in the next version. Could any of the 13 removed weapons come back?
Spoiler:
Is this upcoming version the last on the old codebase or the first on the rebooted one?

Also, a few suggestions I have:

* Major Cooke should be added as a rare monster similar to DBT.
* New games represented: Chex Quest (Joke mode only), Killing Floor (extras), Serious Sam (theme), Painkiller Hell and Damnation (theme), HacX (extras), Harmony (extras), in addition to games that only have weapons getting monsters.
* Some more hidden Joke mode things (anime girls from Shadow Warrior, perhaps?)
* Considering that the Reincarnation of Evil monsters were among the bestiary stuff that got the axe, could you replace them with monsters ripped right from D3 itself?
* Is the Turd Minion only replacing Wolfenstein SS intentional or not?
* The Queen Vixen is in serious need of buffing. Why is a final boss enemy a mere Arch-Vile? She should be either a Cyberdemon or Spider Mastermind, preferably the latter.

And also, I personally like to use either Doom + Powerslave + Blood + Doom 64 + HellSpawn or everything including the joke mode, depending on the nature of the levels. Joke Mode works wonders on H2H-XMAS, while the Doom IWADS are best with the "Demonesque + Blood" combination.
Last edited by Miru on Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Miru wrote:I wonder how to defeat a Weeping Angel? They seem to tank everything.
As my experience, the dual flare gun, peacekeeper carbine's altfire and any kind of big damage dealer is your best friend to take her down.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

I've uploaded an emergency hotfix because the latest crash fixes of ZDoom now more thoroughly detect errors and helped point out said bugs swiftly which prevents load-up.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Responses in red.
Miru wrote:* Major Cooke should be added as a rare monster similar to DBT.
Hah. Excuse me while I go rip a Battlezone II Sabre tank and give it overpowered cannons. :P
* New games represented: Chex Quest (Joke mode only), Killing Floor (extras), Serious Sam (theme), Painkiller Hell and Damnation (theme), HacX (extras), Harmony (extras), in addition to games that only have weapons getting monsters.
We're always looking to expand. You never know!
* Some more hidden Joke mode things (anime girls from Shadow Warrior, perhaps?)
XD
* Considering that the Reincarnation of Evil monsters were among the bestiary stuff that got the axe, could you replace them with monsters ripped right from D3 itself?
Could happen!
* Is the Turd Minion only replacing Wolfenstein SS intentional or not?
Yup though I think it could come back from SS and be a zombieman spawn.
* The Queen Vixen is in serious need of buffing. Why is a final boss enemy a mere Arch-Vile? She should be either a Cyberdemon or Spider Mastermind, preferably the latter.
No idea.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I have the latest version of the GZDoom build from the DRD team, but I keep getting this.

Code: Select all

M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
Using program directory for storage
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
 adding C:/Stuff/GZDoom/gzdoom.pk3, 621 lumps
 adding ./doom2.wad, 2919 lumps
 adding AEoD.pk3, 56771 lumps
 adding AEoD.pk3:aeod6hud.wad, 870 lumps
 adding AEoD.pk3:aeoldweps.wad, 4 lumps
 adding AEoDDat.pk3, 360 lumps
 adding AEoDDat.pk3:ae6title.wad, 39 lumps
I_Init: Setting up machine state.
CPU speed: 2595 MHz
CPU Vendor ID: AuthenticAMD
  Name: AMD A6-3650 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
  Family 18 (18), Model 1, Stepping 0
  Features: MMX MMX+ SSE SSE2 SSE3 3DNow! 3DNow!+
I_InitSound: Initializing FMOD
FMOD Sound System, copyright © Firelight Technologies Pty, Ltd., 1994-2009.
Loaded FMOD version 4.44.60
V_Init: allocate screen.
S_Init: Setting up sound.
ST_Init: Init startup screen.
Checking cmd-line parameters...
S_InitData: Load sound definitions.
G_ParseMapInfo: Load map definitions.
Texman.Init: Init texture manager.
ParseTeamInfo: Load team definitions.
LoadActors: Load actor definitions.
Script error, "AEoDDat.pk3:decorate/wepclass8.txt" line 8236:
Numeric type expected
Script warning, "AEoDDat.pk3:decorate/wepclass9.txt" line 10555:
Unknown class name 'BlackBear'
Script warning, "AEoDDat.pk3:decorate/monhl2.txt" line 4770:
Numeric type expected, got "Waiting"

Execution could not continue.

1 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Gato303 wrote:I'm sorry mr Cooke, but I am using GZDoom 2.1.1 compiled for Xubuntu Linux, using the source from git://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom.git from the "Stable" branch (and following http://zdoom.org/wiki/Compile_GZDoom_on_Linux instructions )
Major Cooke wrote:I've uploaded an emergency hotfix because the latest crash fixes of ZDoom now more thoroughly detect errors and helped point out said bugs swiftly which prevents load-up.
That little fix made it not compatible with the stable version of GZ doom (2.1.1). It works no problem with the developer version. I just thought you should know.

Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

JimpArgon wrote: That little fix made it not compatible with the stable version of GZ doom (2.1.1). It works no problem with the developer version. I just thought you should know.
It's pretty much expected these days. Even D4D you cannot run with the official GZDoom release. This won't be any different, I assure you. :P

DLJosef, that's precisely what I just fixed today. Redownload the AEoDfiles606.zip and override your current AEoDDat.pk3 to get a working version.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

I'd like to play this mod with the Ketchup gore addon, can you please make a compability patch for it?
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Spaceman333 wrote:I'd like to play this mod with the Ketchup gore addon, can you please make a compability patch for it?
Nope, Ketchup could conflict the mod.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

How so? Are some of the monsters in the mod coded in some way that would make it difficult to make a compability patch?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Because its own gore features exists. And yes, it would corrupt each other. And about the compability patch, i don't think so. As long you can make it.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”