ÆoD (6.06.02 (03-14-16))

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Re: ÆoD (4.21 patch: jan-14-2009)

Post by Siggi »

DBThanatos wrote:well, that was in 3.0 IIRC. Right now it uses the DN3d RPG ones.
I think the Heavy Rocket Launcher suits the Duke 3D RPG quite well actually. I find it's one of the most satisfying weapons in the mod.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Um, the autoaim is definitally not fixed. :) But now that I moved back to 1355, it at least works now.
So far, it all looks good. I ran into a maulotaur, I think, because it replaced the spidermastermind in Plutonia, level 6, I think. The first spider mastermind. Anyway, it had two hammers, so I don't know.

So far I found the Cyderdemon with two rocket launchers, and a few miscellaneous others.
What's with the odd cacodemon that's like mostly black and spits out hades spheres, or whatever that monster is that explodes easily, and replaces a lost soul. Oh, and the black revenant that doesn't die easily. :)

Oh, what's with the revenant that punches other revenants at you? I mean, that's what it looks like it does, and not much else, besides annoy you.
Also, I hate that death monster from Might and Magic. You know, the one that looks like death, flies in the air, shoots freaky white balls at you, which scream? Painfully, I should add.

And also, what's with mini-edilon, the arch-vile or Baron replacement that looks like a black version of the big edilon Cyberdemon class monster? It's the one that you can hear from 40 miles away, and shoots dark energy balls at you. :)
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

zitro wrote:If I install the new patch, will my saves work or do I have to start over?
If you change between SVNs, is sure. If you use the same SVNs, you wont have to, but some glitches might appear since some basic stuff has been changed.
.ex.inferis. wrote:Screenshots 5, 14 and 17...which maps are those?? I'd like to play those with the mod. :D
Screenshots were taken from Scythe2 and Hellcore2.0.
Project Dark Fox wrote:It's true that the autoaim cannot be touched by the modder. However, when I discovered that it had been fixed in an earlier thread, it apparently hasn't been committed to the SVN yet. Either way, this is not AEoD's fault at all.
Thanks for the info :) I guess I should warn about this in the main post.
Siggi wrote:I think the Heavy Rocket Launcher suits the Duke 3D RPG quite well actually. I find it's one of the most satisfying weapons in the mod.
Yeah. Reilsss was the one who came up with that idea. I agree it looks better now. And, yes, as long as you have ammo for that weapon, you can take down pretty much anything in the mod :P

@David: About the mini eidolon, that's Moloch, a Ichor's creation
The black revenant that summons revenants: that's the Malevonant (recolour and name by Jummy91)
And the black cacodemon: is the hades elemental (Eriance's creation)
And about the M&M "Death"... I dont know which one is that; there are many skeleton like monsters from there :P
zitro

Post by zitro »

Well, I still started playing again (I was only at lvl6 so it's not much of a problem)

however, these is an error that's been I think since the later patches, when playing plutonia or even regular doom:

mmm, I don't know how to explain it well, but sometimes it appears as if there were 'invisible walls' on top of pillars and some other places (where sometimes enemies are located and shoot you from the top) .. an example being the pillar where a arch-vile appears in lvl 1 of plutonia. It can be frustrating as I shoot, but instead of seeing blood, I may see the shotgun hitting concrete (liek a wall) ... sometimes the wall appeared very close to me when shooting from above. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's a very distracting gameplay issue, especially if you use rockets.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Well, Death is a flying freaky monster that replaces a Baron of Hell, takes a little less damage, and scares the hell out of me with it's attack. Which sounds like a banshee scream, and I didn't think I'm playing ADOM in DOOM. :)
"The banshee screams, your mortal body ceases to function."

Also, the Hades elemental, hmm, are you sure, then what is that hideously ugly and giant pain elemental called then? I thought that was the hades elemental. I mean, it's hideiosly ugly, dies and explodes and releases a bunch of those red glowing exploding lost soul class enemies, :)

Now i'm confused. Also, thanks, Ichor, for making my heart fail. :)
Zitro, are you using Gzdoom, or Zdoom, because to be honest, I've never come across that error at all. It seems like your computer may have been taxed too much, therefore it refuses to display anything. :)
Arch-Valentine

Post by Arch-Valentine »

Oh that's the wraith from M&M :)
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

DavidB1000 wrote: Oh, what's with the revenant that punches other revenants at you? I mean, that's what it looks like it does, and not much else, besides annoy you.
Also, I hate that death monster from Might and Magic. You know, the one that looks like death, flies in the air, shoots freaky white balls at you, which scream? Painfully, I should add.
I'm not sure, but I think you mean the phantasm from Blood. Big, white, translucent and invincible until it attacks with a screaming skull?
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

No, it's the Wraith, it just looks like Death itself, and he's very angry.

The phantasm from Blood is probably more annoying than the Phoenix, the DBTpet, the crazy Bast cat woman who mauls you and then runs away, underground, DBT himself, the Arch-angel, the fallen Seraph who took two telefrags to kill! I'm not making that up., the demon caller God boss, Edilon, and a few other monsters combined.

No, really, I should pay money to go back in time, and shoot the guys who came up with that monster. :) That's just one reason why I won't play Blood. Impossible to get through the first level on the easiest difficulty aside. Stupid cheating doesn't get a score registered at the end of the level. What am I playing, Descent?
zitro

Post by zitro »

grab the super shotgun, focus on it, the moment it's not transparent, quickly land a shot before it shoots ... so it doesn't shoot. Do it one more time and it's dead.
It's not too complicated, unless it's not alone.

As for the wright: not an easy monster, but a double-uzi works well against it.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

DavidB1000 wrote:The phantasm from Blood is probably more annoying than the Phoenix, the DBTpet, the crazy Bast cat woman who mauls you and then runs away, underground, DBT himself, the Arch-angel, the fallen Seraph who took two telefrags to kill! I'm not making that up., the demon caller God boss, Edilon, and a few other monsters combined.
That flying Grim Reaper dude? Seriously? You think he's THAT annoying?
He's really not that strong or hard to hit... Unless the AEoD version is like a billion times more powerful or something. :|
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

It has nothing to do with how strong he is at all, he's just that annoying to me. I hate him. He just unnerves me, mostly that death animation. What did I do, open the Ark of the Covenant in his face? :)

I just hate it. Anyway, thanks for the wraith tips, usually I spam rockets at him, or the supershotgun from quake 2. The noise though, is louder than most other things in the mod. My ears are somewhat sensitive. Apparently, that's one of the thing Asperger's gives you. At least, that's what my mom and others have said, and you should always believe your mom. :)

Anyhow, maybe I'm crazy, but certain things bug me. The phantasm, whoa, is one of them. The Uber-Phoenix of instant impossible death is another one.
Nothing should do 2048 damage in a single shot, unless it has nukes, or it can cause a Supernova. :) Also, "Player died" is a crappy obituary line. This is another sign of broken behavior.. Besides, until I can bribe Graf and Randy to increase God Mode's protection to well above 10,000 I don't think I'll ever stop complaining. At least I've only ran into it once lately.
Because at the moment, those two are tied for the annoyances from Hell. Mind you, two out of 1000 ain't bad. :)
Now, check out my custom title.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

You have the syndroma of Asperger? Nothing offensive, just wondering.
DavidB1000

Post by DavidB1000 »

Yes, I do. It also used to be fairly uncommon too. :) Guess you can fight a cyberdemon, but you can't fight the laws of averages.

Um, yes, speaking of averages. Two things about this mod. The Alien from Alien has way too many hitpoints for it's baron of hell class spawn. It takes 10 or so railgun shots to kill it. It usually takes 8 rockets, if I'm lucky, For reference, a baron of hell takes 4-5 rockets. It should either be made rarer than Paula, :) or have it's health knocked down to a normal baron. 10 railgun shots is very high for a railgun. :) They have acid blood, not admantium armor.

Also the Demon from Quake 1. Way too strong as well. Can take upwards of 8 rockets. This is far more higher than it should be. Especially given how common they were in Quake 1. The Shamblers are fine, I mean, they are the Barons of Hell of Quake. THe Demon should be nerfed down to Hell Knight class, if not Demon class, and then have it's health reduced by 70%. That would make it much more in line with what it should be. Besides, I don't like wasting ammo on something that is even more common than the Alien.
Arch-Valentine

Post by Arch-Valentine »

Not only that, but I don't think the Fiend takes any damage when doing it's jumping attack. It's kinda weird, but oh well. I kinda like that the Alien and Fiend are so powerful. I actually get nervous when I hear em.
zitro

Post by zitro »

DavidB1000 wrote:Yes, I do. It also used to be fairly uncommon too. :) Guess you can fight a cyberdemon, but you can't fight the laws of averages.

Um, yes, speaking of averages. Two things about this mod. The Alien from Alien has way too many hitpoints for it's baron of hell class spawn. It takes 10 or so railgun shots to kill it. It usually takes 8 rockets, if I'm lucky, For reference, a baron of hell takes 4-5 rockets. It should either be made rarer than Paula, :) or have it's health knocked down to a normal baron. 10 railgun shots is very high for a railgun. :) They have acid blood, not admantium armor.

Also the Demon from Quake 1. Way too strong as well. Can take upwards of 8 rockets. This is far more higher than it should be. Especially given how common they were in Quake 1. The Shamblers are fine, I mean, they are the Barons of Hell of Quake. THe Demon should be nerfed down to Hell Knight class, if not Demon class, and then have it's health reduced by 70%. That would make it much more in line with what it should be. Besides, I don't like wasting ammo on something that is even more common than the Alien.
i don't think these enemies are too overpowered, they have weaknesses. The Alien if attacked with a flamethrower or a strong machinegun-like weapon, can barely move. They don't appear often anyways ... and I'm not sure if you know how dangerous Paula is, since you play with Godmode. Of course, Alien is among the hardest enemies that are not archvile/boss replacements, but there are worse IMO, enemies that might not be so tough, but deal insane hard-to-avoid damage (the teleporting transparent red monk comes to mind). Enemy balances should take into account health, damage and other factors.

The quake 1 demon is noticeable easier than the Alien, so I find it a typical baron of hell replacement. Again, flamethrower kills it in a couple of seconds.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”