ÆoD (6.06.02 (03-14-16))

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
SoulCrow

Re: ÆoD (hotfix v5.29.1: 11/13/2010)

Post by SoulCrow »

@Major Cooke: I was aware of the album cover, hence why I mentioned it :P They are my favourite band after all...
Wade009

Post by Wade009 »

that dbt, does not die with nothing, I wanted to kill all the Ultimate weapons like aeodvolcano, aeodnova, AEODapocalypse, aeoddrakan, aeodinferno, aeodheelheavendhell, seme rather die with nothing, I doubt it's nondestructive
PFL

Post by PFL »

I somehow knew that it was a kind of personification, related with an author of the wad but I didn't know it was THA' Boss! No wonder why he's SO HARD. I really like it's Slaughter attack and Heaven mode. It's the first time I encounter him in a game. I went through King Lich, War and Death and some really nasty others but none were so hard. Cannot get ride of it. I cannot let DBT rule a level while I'm gone :nope2: . As for giving him my best shots, I'm on level 1 of HEROES2, so, very few ressources to use so far. Once, desperate, I tried with a sword with the invulnerability activated... for 10 minutes... still tells me he does not need to chase the power, he found it already :bang: I think it's invulnerable. Like when he says that his power can only be taken by those who gave it to him and bla bla bla. DBT has no description in the bestiary, like one or two others.

If not ???
How much health would he carry???

EDIT Anyhow, I feel DBT will not respond to me :shucks: as he might be into SUPERDOOM3 for real.

EDIT2 Oh I see! I searched the net a bit on that matter and found out many interesting things. This is an updated DBT. He is capable of destroying 100+ Lichkings ( as reported by a user here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X19Y6EQ05O4 ) and Mr. DBT is beatable with normal weapons to defeat his 100hp, a human standard. His destiny in the game is meant to be found and kept secret, so I'll live with that. I guess I'll try not to dammage it too much since we all want more Aeod in the future
Last edited by PFL on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Do we REALLY need to be posting other people's pics without their acknowledgement? Seriously? And if you want to keep him secret so much then get rid of at least the bottom half of your post.
PFL

Post by PFL »

Major Cooke wrote:Do we REALLY need to be posting other people's pics without their acknowledgement? Seriously? And if you want to keep him secret so much then get rid of at least the bottom half of your post.
You're right. I never thought of this, I tried to be funny with what I said but obviously, it failed. My mistake. I retrieved all parts in relation with the picture, and my apologies to Mr. Thanatos. As for the rest of the post, part was taken from an earlier DBT comment on this exact thread, and the rest is a simple share of my thoughts from what I found trying to solve this mystery boss that I cannot pass through. I thought I'd find here someone too share this with, without saying much but... it failed again. My pleasure Mr. Cooke.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

PFL wrote: I thought I'd find here someone too share this with, without saying much but... it failed again. My pleasure Mr. Cooke.
We have spoiler tags for a reason, you know. :P
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Major Cooke wrote:Do we REALLY need to be posting other people's pics without their acknowledgement? Seriously? And if you want to keep him secret so much then get rid of at least the bottom half of your post.
LOLWUT? No, really, what happened here?
PFL wrote:EDIT2 Oh I see! I searched the net a bit on that matter and found out many interesting things. This is an updated DBT. He is capable of destroying 100+ Lichkings ( as reported by a user here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X19Y6EQ05O4 ) and Mr. DBT is beatable with normal weapons to defeat his 100hp, a human standard. His destiny in the game is meant to be found and kept secret, so I'll live with that. I guess I'll try not to dammage it too much since we all want more Aeod in the future
Actually, Im not sure if he'll be able to kill 100 lichkings in it's actual form, maybe the old one, but not sure of this version. Anyway, is pretty much like an easter egg, except that you get something if you manage to beat him, dont worry, he doesnt die ;)
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

No need to worry about it anymore. He removed the pic (see where it says edited). It was the one where you're holding the pink Eee laptop.

And don't apologize to me, PFL, make it out to DBT.

@DBT: He can. It's just in this new form, he's not nearly power-headed, more along the lines of stupidly resistant to attacks. Or, to put it shortly, he's just hell of a lot slower and more single-target based than before, as you're already aware. All he has to do is spam Kill and Inferno if his health gets really low which I doubt will happen with the lich king's attacks. :P

I gotta say, you reminded me of a school bully whenever the "Now... Where is my money?" line comes up. Or is that a loan shark? :D
OmegaJ4

Post by OmegaJ4 »

I've just had an interesting query messaged to me.

Apparently, someone's having trouble loading saved games, because if he tries, a message comes up saying something along the lines of "The game was saved with different ACS modules"

Anyone have any idea of that?
Big C

Post by Big C »

I too am having this problem. I am also having a problem of some files having the same ID numbers or something as other files, namely Quake weapons and Quake II weapons sharing data positions. Or something.
SoulCrow

Post by SoulCrow »

@OmegaJ4: This means that when you try and load a saved game the order in which the files are loaded has to be exactly the same as it was when you originally made the save.

So if you saved the game with "-file AEoD.pk3 AEoDdat.pk3 AEoDSkins.pk3" (for example) and then tried to load the game with "-file AEoD.pk3 AEoDSkins.pk3 AEoDdat.pk3" then you will get the ACS modules error you mentioned above.

The solution is to simply experiment with loading the AEoD files in different orders until one such order successfully loads the save.
<propro> username

Post by <propro> username »

Aww hell, after i downloaded version 29.1 my aeod-keys lost, so i can't configure the "toggle slot-limiting on/off" key now... :|
EE:Still not, i checked everywhere but couldn't find any of the aeod-keys...
OmegaJ4

Post by OmegaJ4 »

BoldEnglishman wrote:@OmegaJ4: This means that when you try and load a saved game the order in which the files are loaded has to be exactly the same as it was when you originally made the save.

So if you saved the game with "-file AEoD.pk3 AEoDdat.pk3 AEoDSkins.pk3" (for example) and then tried to load the game with "-file AEoD.pk3 AEoDSkins.pk3 AEoDdat.pk3" then you will get the ACS modules error you mentioned above.

The solution is to simply experiment with loading the AEoD files in different orders until one such order successfully loads the save.
Just passed that message on to him.

While I'm here, there isn't a new (G)ZDoom needed for this AEod patch is there? I'm still experiencing technical difficulties. There's no "AEod Options" in the customise controls and it'll only let me select 5 classes when I start a new game.

This has probably been explained elsewhere and I'm just being dense. :oops:
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

@Omega & <propro>, the same advice as when a patch is released: "use the latest svn of (g)zdoom". Just tried with zdoom r3014 and gzdoom r1115 (the latest ATM) and all control options are there. They might not be in the same order as before, though.
krokots

Post by krokots »

Does Plasma Rifle is meant to use Bio Rifle ammo ? (not that i complain, it's actually helping)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”