ÆoD (6.06.02 (03-14-16))

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
siealex

Re: ÆoD (6.06.01 (04-20-15))

Post by siealex »

GZDOOM 2.1 pre863 works fine.
siealex

Post by siealex »

How to kill Pennywise the Dancing Clown?
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

Shoot him until he dies.
It might not seem like hes really taking damage, but he does.
siealex

Post by siealex »

He dies only after 15..20 shots from the black pentagram... and what must I do if I have no it? Especially on E3M8 (Dis), where it is necessary to kill him.
PS, I met him in TNT with 610/666 points... to obtain the black pentagram, i RAISEd dead enemies and killed them again...
PPS, his popcorn cannon is the most beautiful weapon in the whole mod.
Miru

Post by Miru »

Concerning the possible addition of Wolfenstein 3D monsters, I think you should use the higher-quality Mac/Jaguar sprites instead of the originals.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

and it would be really nice if they had their own rotation sprites...
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

Bug with the UnrealTournament-Dual-RocketLaunchers:
They don't have a firing-animation. Instead, theres just no weapon-sprites displayed when you fire them. Alt- and regular fire.
thugsta1

Post by thugsta1 »

Any chance you could have another version as just the monsters, like a huge random monster spawner wad?
Miru

Post by Miru »

I was playing 1 Monster with the version 6 of this WAD and I have to say, I really like the consistent randomization. Every monster feels cool and unique. I've even gotten used to the civilians, the meat piles, and even the bugbears to an extent (I use spreadshots on the little guys). My favorite weapon is that explosive harpoon shooter that zooms in and launches a controllable missile for you to zoom around and target anything. It looks cool and it is great for sniping powerful foes at the start of a level. Honorable mentions to the good old flare gun, which I love for setting humanoid enemies on fire with to send them running and setting more enemies on fire, the gauntlets that drain enemy health, the sticky plasma grenades, and the Righteous Bison. This wad is the main reason i'm still waiting for the Zdoom update to come along.

I also heard Aeons of Death is going to be rebooted with multiple small releases followed by a larger release. The creators are sorting the monsters and weapons by game to reconstruct them. How would these smaller releases be like? I suggest they be in themed packs: for example, a "Demonesque" theme pack based on the old Demonesque theme with the addition of a few more games like Blood and Wolfenstein 3D (of course there are Nazis in hell!).
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Whoa, sorry for the lack of replies. I've been away for quite a while :P

I guess it's update time:

AEoD it's still alive. Very slow progress, but we're getting there. We have a new dev for the mod and all in all, it's shaping a little better. Expect a few new things.

Captain J wrote:and it would be really nice if they had their own rotation sprites...
That's mostly the reason I have never added the wolf3d monsters, because of the lack of rotations.
TheBadHustlex wrote:Bug with the UnrealTournament-Dual-RocketLaunchers:
They don't have a firing-animation. Instead, theres just no weapon-sprites displayed when you fire them. Alt- and regular fire.
There was an issue with the TEXTURES lump, this has been fixed in our internal version.
thugsta1 wrote:Any chance you could have another version as just the monsters, like a huge random monster spawner wad?
Unfortunately, no. The amount of work that would be required to remove all instances of weapon references in the mod would be extremely tasking.
Miru wrote:I was playing 1 Monster with the version 6 of this WAD and I have to say, I really like the consistent randomization. Every monster feels cool and unique. I've even gotten used to the civilians, the meat piles, and even the bugbears to an extent (I use spreadshots on the little guys). My favorite weapon is that explosive harpoon shooter that zooms in and launches a controllable missile for you to zoom around and target anything. It looks cool and it is great for sniping powerful foes at the start of a level. Honorable mentions to the good old flare gun, which I love for setting humanoid enemies on fire with to send them running and setting more enemies on fire, the gauntlets that drain enemy health, the sticky plasma grenades, and the Righteous Bison. This wad is the main reason i'm still waiting for the Zdoom update to come along.

I also heard Aeons of Death is going to be rebooted with multiple small releases followed by a larger release. The creators are sorting the monsters and weapons by game to reconstruct them. How would these smaller releases be like? I suggest they be in themed packs: for example, a "Demonesque" theme pack based on the old Demonesque theme with the addition of a few more games like Blood and Wolfenstein 3D (of course there are Nazis in hell!).
About the development, while I cant go into details, I can say that at this point, there wont be a patch for 6.06.01. The next release will be a "subversion". AKA, not AEoD 7, but definitely much more than just bugfixes. there's some new stuff being added and other stuff removed. Your idea of small AEoD versions, it's interesting, but like I mentioned above, that'd require more time as we'd have to split a lot of the code and untie all the strings that are binding different portions of the mod. Im not ruling out your idea, as it is somewhat intriguing, however I cannot say I will definitely do it.

Thanks for the feedback there. Im glad to see there's people who still play this :P
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

TheBadHustlex wrote:Bug with the UnrealTournament-Dual-RocketLaunchers:
Works fine for me. Check your load order. Either that, or update your (G)ZDoom further. Which are you running on ZDoom or GZDoom?
Miru wrote:I also heard Aeons of Death is going to be rebooted with multiple small releases followed by a larger release. The creators are sorting the monsters and weapons by game to reconstruct them. How would these smaller releases be like? I suggest they be in themed packs: for example, a "Demonesque" theme pack based on the old Demonesque theme with the addition of a few more games like Blood and Wolfenstein 3D (of course there are Nazis in hell!).
Sure as hell wasn't me who said that. However, AEoD comes with addons that alter a few things like the effect choker.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

Major Cooke wrote: Works fine for me. Check your load order. Either that, or update your (G)ZDoom further. Which are you running on ZDoom or GZDoom?
Do you have the version that Thanatos mentioned?
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

Actually that was never a problem for me in 6.06.1 either.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

Tried it out, yes, it was the load-order.
king karl

Post by king karl »

i love this mod, i have been playing it for years after seeing a youtube video back in grade school and saying "wait those guns arnt from the same game what is this" anyway i probably have not updated in a long time, so how can i check to see if i have the latest version?

also here are some things i think could be improved (if they have not been already)

in general its a little too easy because of monster infighting, is there an option to turn it off and if not could you add one? or maybe even an option to set monster infighting only between different classes of random spawners? (so 2 cyberdemon class enemies would not fight eachotehr if hit but if they were hit by anything else they would react). this would preserve the original design of levels like GOTCHA without making every mod with huge clusters of enemies kill themselves off.

it would be nice to have the original feel of doom where a room full of similar enemies come at you, maybe an option to cause enemies of the same class within the same sector all spawn as the same monster?

my largest critisism of the mod by far is that enemies drop way too much stuff, too much health, too much ammo and some of it does not make sense, why does a skeleton drop a heart? why does the protector drone from duke3d drop energy cells? he doesnt have pockets!
-blue and green mana in particular are way too common
-grenades and rockets are particularly excessive aswell, it turns many previously difficult wads into a cakewalk, maybe cut back on what enemies drop what ammo and make is so they dont always drop any

but overall a fantastic mod and one of the best addons to a classic fps i have ever seen

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”