N*E*C*R*O*S*I*S for HeXen!!!!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Enjay

Re: N*E*C*R*O*S*I*S for HeXen!!!!

Post by Enjay »

Just played for a little while. I've not completed it yet, but it's pretty damned impressive. I have noticed some aesthetic bugs.

Two of the cleric's weapons (bow and bat-shaped wand) and one of the mages (green wand) sit too high in the HUD. If you don't use the status bar, you can see a gap between the bottom of the weapon and the bottom of the screen.

Don't know how much you care because the original fighter fist also has this problem but the cleric bow is also cut off at the side in widescreen mode. I did a little poll a while back and the majority of Zdoom users who voted are now using widescreen monitors.

Rain and snow make very large splash sounds when they hit liquids. It'd be better to give them the +dontsplash flag IMO.

Intermission texts extend off the right side of the screen a bit.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Enjay wrote:Two of the cleric's weapons (bow and bat-shaped wand) and one of the mages (green wand) sit too high in the HUD. If you don't use the status bar, you can see a gap between the bottom of the weapon and the bottom of the screen.
I noticed that the powered-up axe does this, too. I really like the maps, though. Very nice! :D
oODemonologistOo

Post by oODemonologistOo »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:
Enjay wrote:Two of the cleric's weapons (bow and bat-shaped wand) and one of the mages (green wand) sit too high in the HUD. If you don't use the status bar, you can see a gap between the bottom of the weapon and the bottom of the screen.
I noticed that the powered-up axe does this, too. I really like the maps, though. Very nice! :D
Also the powered-up Hammer. (Forgot the name D: )

Great stuff, just finished the whole thing today. 8-)
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

The tomed-up firestorm uses no mana.

Edit: maps 6 and 8 were highly prone to crashing, and corrupting all save games made after the crash. Map 9 crashes during the boss fight, rendering it incompletable.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Is this multiplayer compatable? Apparently only MAP01 has more than 1 player start.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

I'm really enjoying this, but the impossible fights are annoying to the point I stop playing, 1 Death-Knight in a cramped area is bad enough when you have no ammo and are limping about when you are half-dead, but two at once! I simply can't get past this area, I'm going to have to cheat like I did earlier :cry:

Also, the Angel staff thing is redundant IMO and the blast noise it makes needs to have a sound limit to stop the sound skipping.
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

We need more mappers that know that Hexen is more than DOOM with medieval weapons l4wl. This mod isn't one of them. The maps are good, but this isn't Hexen style.
Carnage Galore 3 is a good example of the kind of Hexen mod properly implemented.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

I made it more Heretic-Y on purpose, lol. Even the simple fact that the levels go in straight order - there are no 'hubs' in this after all....
Doom64hunter

Post by Doom64hunter »

This is really amazing, to a point . I too am enjoying this :)
Well yeah, there are no hubs, but that doesn't mean every hexen wad needs to have hubs.
I'm about halfway through now, some bugs I noticed:

-There are some spelling errors in the story-text, but I'm too lazy to point them out :P .
-The heretic monsters still drop Heretic ammo, that means, sabreclaws drops lesser runes, ophidians drop fireorbs etc.
-There are some texturing errors in map04, but that's a very minor problem.
-Redaxe projectile has no sprites.

Not quite a bug but :
Why is my falling damage so high? I mean, I'm jumping off the ice into the water in the first level. Bam! 40% health loss.

(Ps. That first boss could beat korax's ass in no time)

EDIT: Oh great, now it's giving me errors when I try to load my savegame in map06
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Well, I like it so far, but some fights are really irritating, because there's not enough space, nor really any interesting additions to the monsters since they just fire a lot of projectiles. Also ammo, there's not much of it and health as well. The first major boss's health is also really ridiculous.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

I submitted the review for the next TNC.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Coolness. After that's all done with I can even go back through it and address remaining bugs / issues people didn't like and re-submit; no need to review a second time except for a slight mention how it's been 'updated.' :D

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”