N*E*C*R*O*S*I*S for HeXen!!!!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
hnsolo77

Re: NECROSIS.WAD for HeXen: a True Expansion

Post by hnsolo77 »

screens like those make me wish i could find a copy of hexen thats not the demo iwad
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

hnsolo77 wrote:screens like those make me wish i could find a copy of hexen thats not the demo iwad
http://store.steampowered.com/app/2360/

$5. Or cheaper if you get one of the package deals.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Wow, this looks great, much better than the thing I was attempting.
Nightmare Doom

Post by Nightmare Doom »

Captain Ventris wrote:Heh, never thought about how well the Satyrs would fit in Hexen.
Well basically any non-mechanical-gun toting monsters from Doom (Imps, Hell Knights, Baron of Hells, Cacodemons, Pain Elementals, Lost Souls, Pinky Demon, Arch Viles) and any magical based monsters (with no mechanical/cyborg/modern/ etc traits) from Torm's Beastry would fit into Hexen quite well.
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

Zippy wrote:
hnsolo77 wrote:screens like those make me wish i could find a copy of hexen thats not the demo iwad
http://store.steampowered.com/app/2360/

$5. Or cheaper if you get one of the package deals.
while i hate steam i can remove the iwad from their directory and just delete steam... correct?
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Nightmare Doom wrote:
Captain Ventris wrote:Heh, never thought about how well the Satyrs would fit in Hexen.
Well basically any non-mechanical-gun toting monsters from Doom (Imps, Hell Knights, Baron of Hells, Cacodemons, Pain Elementals, Lost Souls, Pinky Demon, Arch Viles) and any magical based monsters (with no mechanical/cyborg/modern/ etc traits) from Torm's Beastry would fit into Hexen quite well.
I disagree. The Pain Elemental for an example would be a horrible fit, IMO.
Gez

Post by Gez »

hnsolo77 wrote:while i hate steam i can remove the iwad from their directory and just delete steam... correct?
Yes. If you get the id Super Pack, the only games that really require Steam to be played (no source port available as alternative exes) are RtCW and Doom 3.
Nightmare Doom wrote:Well basically any non-mechanical-gun toting monsters from Doom (Imps, Hell Knights, Baron of Hells, Cacodemons, Pain Elementals, Lost Souls, Pinky Demon, Arch Viles) and any magical based monsters (with no mechanical/cyborg/modern/ etc traits) from Torm's Beastry would fit into Hexen quite well.
They don't all fit that well, actually.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Unknown_Assassin wrote:I disagree. The Pain Elemental for an example would be a horrible fit, IMO.
Well, Hexen is kinda like D&D, and D&D had Beholders. I think any beholder looking monster would fit decently, albeit strangely, into a medieval-magic game.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

I can only imagine that the Imp could go in without alteration.

Everything else is too bright or cartoony.

However, changing the Hell Knight's and Demon's color I can imagine them fitting in.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Gez wrote:
hnsolo77 wrote:while i hate steam i can remove the iwad from their directory and just delete steam... correct?
Yes. If you get the id Super Pack, the only games that really require Steam to be played (no source port available as alternative exes) are RtCW and Doom 3.
Going unnecessarily further, ZDoom knows how to detect Steam games so if you kept Steam installed you wouldn't even need to move the IWAD because ZDoom would know where to find it in the Steam directory.

Not that that's going to convince you to keep it... :wink:
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

I wouldn't use most 'doomy' monsters and as it is I have Soul Harvesters which are like 'HeXenized Imps' but I'm thinking of not using even those. But only because they're still recognizable as a type of imp.

Satyrs btw are edited from the Hell Knight sprites. ;)

Also... a little surprise sort of related... it's for DooM 3 but TOTALLY has 2 do with HeXen - a trailer I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D44z3BSOF98
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

@CodenniumRed : Are you working so much that you haven't got time to post? :?: :?:
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Actually, yes - I'm a club promoter and I work in security and do modeling sometimnes too-

Oh wait you meant MODDING-wise. Yeah getting stuff done, I'm working on HeXen: Edge of Chaos for DooM 3 and have worked on this too. My levels are bigger, and a 'new and improved' Satyr is done. He carries a bow and has a quiver on his back (and I didn't skimp on the rotations, either - his bow is always on his left as well as his quiver... AND you see him pull arrows from his back before firing). I've been trying to combine a few mods into this one as well such as the Warrior's enhanced weapons, but didin't spend too much time with it. I had trouble with the inventory states where you'd press secondary fire to get the hammer flaming. So I might go about that a different way, simply having the original sprites replaced... or something.
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

OMG ! :surprise: Can you show pics from the satyr with the bow?
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

CodenniumRed wrote:I've been trying to combine a few mods into this one as well such as the Warrior's enhanced weapons, but didin't spend too much time with it. I had trouble with the inventory states where you'd press secondary fire to get the hammer flaming. So I might go about that a different way, simply having the original sprites replaced... or something.
Looks like my Fighter plus mod - whats the problem?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”