N*E*C*R*O*S*I*S for HeXen!!!!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Captain Proof

Re: NECROSIS.WAD for HeXen: a True Expansion

Post by Captain Proof »

CaptainToenail wrote:
had their annoying voices removed
Nooo! No more cultists shouting 'bottoms up and sheermoot!' or something :!: :?: You can't remove that!

Well, I suppose apart from that the mod is coming along great :lol:
I always wondered what the cultists were saying...I'm glad he's changing it.It got annoying on blood after the first few levels...
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

CaptainToeNail - yes I NEED MORE MAPS!!!! I'll PM / E-Mail u the WAD by tomorrow so u can have the resources.

SatyrHatyr: I knew about that animation gaff. Thing is it's ALWAYS on an angle but due to the rotations in real life would be noticable only on a ew. However, A4 there should have it MORE of an angle and I gotta change that one, but due to prespective other rotations would still appear straight.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Whoah steady now, I only suggested that I might make a map, but I'm not certain at the moment, maybe I shouldn't get invloved right now, give me time to think
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

No worries, you'd do stuff at your own rate anyway if u decide to get involved. :D
daimon

Post by daimon »

True cool thing, man. But for what version of hexen iwad works this project? On "Beyond Heretic" or "Death Knights"?
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Standard HeXen, latest version of the IWAD with GZDOOM. For some reason some ofthe code I have doesn't work with plain Z but is fine with GZ. There might be palette issues too with just ZDOOM.
Nightmare Doom

Post by Nightmare Doom »

I guess you could make a sword wielding Satyr aswell (even a one wearing armor)

Besides here's more enemies from Torm's Beastry you could put in this Expansion.

http://www.realm667.com/index.php?optio ... Itemid=105

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by Nightmare Doom on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Proof

Post by Captain Proof »

That would be sweet.Red has already shown some skill at spriting after seeing that Archer Satyr...Maybe one armed with an axe?I know I've always wanted to do some Orcs for Hexen.Maybe take the Imp warlord resize it and recolor it to make it look like an Orc(Take out the melee attacks)
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Captain Proof wrote:That would be sweet.Red has already shown some skill at spriting after seeing that Archer Satyr...Maybe one armed with an axe?I know I've always wanted to do some Orcs for Hexen.Maybe take the Imp warlord resize it and recolor it to make it look like an Orc(Take out the melee attacks)
Axe - Image Image
Or mace - Image

Even winged variant with Scytche exists - Image
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Nightmare Doom wrote:I guess you could make a sword wielding Satyr aswell (even a one wearing armor)

Besides here's more enemies from Torm's Beastry you could put in this Expansion.
I really hope he doesn't follow your suggestion. He already picked some monsters from the bestiary, to add more from it would kinda ruin the mod IMO.
I
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Yeah, there's TWO creatures from that latest list there that I didn't talk about that are also going to be in the mod - besides that I already have some sprites provided to me for new things entirely. The Knight Archer's my creation btw and he won't be in the mod - the new Satyr uses his same code anyway. D:

I AM planning on making a version of the Satyr that has some armor and a pole-axe still, and he'll have a small charge attack to go with his abilities.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I absolutely love what you did here so far! I also like the screenshots a lot and I don't see a reason for changing the sky at all.There is no need to have your expansion be as dark as Hexen was. :) But I'd suggest giving the Satyr a slightly different body color, otherwise it would get a bit confusing.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Hey! I'm always looking for more mappers, if u want to make stuff for this drop me a line! :D
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

By the way...what are the differences between Hell Apprentice and Hell Smith? :?: :?: :?:
Gez

Post by Gez »

Play Demon Eclipse to find out!

But, on a scale of power:
The maulotaur is 100.
The cyberdemon is 700.
The hellsmith's apprentice is 3000.
The hellsmith is over nine thousands.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”