download link below.
* simple command line tool with optional advanced features
* take a wad name (or multiple wad names) as parameters (done)
* output a pk3 or folders full of files ready to be zipped into a pk3 (done)
* convert all doom format images to png (with grab chunk) (done)
* convert all doom format sounds to
* identify formats of non-doom lumps and export them with appropriate file extensions (done)
* put each map into a separate PWAD (done, can't rename maps yet)
* filter extracted files by type (done)
* filter extracted files by regular expression (done)
* transform extracted file names by regular expression. Use '/' to indicate a directory separator. (done)
* group sprites into folders by first X characters of sprite name (done)
* merge data option when extracting multiple wads (done)
* text lumps can be appended instead of overwritten when dealing with merged lumps. (done)
You can get pre-compiled binaries of the latest development versions of unwad here:
unwad for windows | unwad for linux.
If you want to compile unwad yourself, check it out from the svn repo.
You can view the latest readme.txt in your web browser.
Feature suggestions welcome!