Total Chaos - Open alpha out now!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DavidB1000

Re: Total Chaos - Gameplay footage released

Post by DavidB1000 »

Damn! This really is impressive.
My knowledge of the silent hill series is a little rusty, but don't you move somewhat fast in it? I did when playing Silent Hill 4.

Anyway, I will definitively take a look at this when it's released. What kind of system specs do you need to run this? I'm hoping my computer can run it, considering it can run Crysis without much trouble. :)
Wad'a'Holic

Post by Wad'a'Holic »

DavidB1000 wrote:What kind of system specs do you need to run this? I'm hoping my computer can run it, considering it can run Crysis without much trouble. :)
I can run Crysis pretty good too and this mod runs fine. Gets a bit choppy with the particle effects at times though.
Captain Proof

Post by Captain Proof »

It's just...jaw dropping.My brain can't comprehend the fact that it's actually doom.Finish this and I would consider you a god amongst men.
Psycho
Location: In a sealed food store, Limansk, The Chernobyl exclusion Zone.

Post by Psycho »

I too would consider you a god, I would even pray to you every night as I lay down to sleep. lol.
Firewolf

Post by Firewolf »

Psycho wrote:I too would consider you a god, I would even pray to you every night as I lay down to sleep. lol.
This is how cults get started. :x
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

I must admit it...
This project totally attracted me. It's rare to see something like that in a game like doom (with ZDoom/GZDoom/Skulltag etc.).
The GLs are made really well, seeing from the screenshots. Those ambientations remind me of Project origin and Silent Hill (both fraking creepy).
That's only me, or you used models to make that kind of animation with the exploding wood (end of the vid) ??
Btw, i'll take a look everytime to see the progress of this mod. This one will be great :thumb:
DavidB1000 wrote: I'm hoping my computer can run it, considering it can run Crysis without much trouble. :)
Crysis with what graphic config? low medium, high or "realistic" ?? just askin :P
David Ferstat

Post by David Ferstat »

To join, somewhat belatedly, the chorus, I have to that footage is astonishingly good.
Captain Proof

Post by Captain Proof »

So we're starting a Total Chaos Cult or something?Sounds good...
Psycho
Location: In a sealed food store, Limansk, The Chernobyl exclusion Zone.

Post by Psycho »

Captain Proof wrote:So we're starting a Total Chaos Cult or something?Sounds good...
Only when (or if :wink: ) it's finished.
Wad'a'Holic

Post by Wad'a'Holic »

Hai there,
Its been a while since I've posted any new content. The mods in production and is looking quite slick :D
We have expanded our crew and brought a few new fellas on.

Tribeam - Programmer
Caleb - Modelling and Texture artist

Even though we are a small team, we still aim to have the project wrapped up in 2010.

This screenshot/wallpaper is ingame, except for the blur effect on the foreground vines and the man standing at the foot of the cave. All the models, atmosphere/cloud effects are ingame.
Velaron

Re: Total Chaos - Alpha released!

Post by Velaron »

So alpha finally came out, yo, oldass thread.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/total-chaos/d ... open-alpha
Mr.Enchanter

Re: Total Chaos - New cave screenshot/wallpaper

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

Runs rather well on my system.

Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
Kingston Black DDR3 8 GB
AMD Athlon(tm) X4 860K Quad Core Processor 945 MHz

Averages out at about 80 FPS but goes to 110 occasionally, and 55 when loading, which then normalizes afterwards.

Finished it in about 45 minutes, died a few times while figuring out strategies for the monsters and puzzle. Really good, the only gripe I have is that there were too many weapons strewn throughout Chapter 1, and once you find the pipe you don't need any of the other weapons really. Otherwise, the difficulty of the monsters is not too high, and not too low, they are well balanced. Been waiting years for this, glad that it is coming along.
Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor »

Haven't finished it yet, but it runs alright on my Intel Iris Pro 6200. It does come with the occasional dips, but I think with a game this hacky that is to be expected.

I'm actually surprised how survival horror oriented this alpha is. I haven't found any weapon yet and I'm just running away from monsters.
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Man,you're mod is freaking amazing.It's a lot better this mod than a lot of indie horror on steam.I always sayd that modders have more passion of develompers of modern games.
pagb666

Re: Total Chaos - Open alpha out now!

Post by pagb666 »

This is fucking unbelievable. I don't want to play more of it until it gets a more RC release.

Tip: It ran "fine", but with stutters, solved it by enabling GL_CACHE

Found a bug, btw: mouse cursor movement is also inverted when enabling Inverted Mouselook
ZioMcCall wrote:It's a lot better this mod than a lot of indie horror on steam.
This.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”