EMPATHY: Hell incarnation [frozen]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
MephistoII

EMPATHY: Hell incarnation [frozen]

Post by MephistoII »

Around there are lots of maps, weapon patchs and monster packs to allow you do a little slaughterhouse with your old reliable green marine.
But have you ever Stoped to think in the demons? Have you ever wondered what could feel a poor, lonely imp fighting against a marine with a BFG9000??
Do you know what do feel a cyberdemon stepping over the corpses of his enemies?? Do you????

Now you can.
Get into a Cyberdemon's body and Splatter your enemies. Ocuppy a pain elemental's skin and flood the room with lost souls before anyone can reach you.
Become a Spectre and run between your enemies before they can see you.

EMPATHY: Hell incarnation takes advantage of the player types Zdoom capanilities to allow you become one of those monsters you always were killing

Finally released and merged in one only wad file
to use it, simply load the wad, new game, and choose the monster player(please read README file that comes with the file).

note that with some monsters you will be able to do a secondary attack, (usually the melee one) as the original monsters. in some others, is added a skill that the original one didn't have (P.E. demon's Rage)

the melee attacks usually don't cost mana , but the ranged attacks do, so beware of not running out of energy. energy regenerates at a rithm of 5 units/second when you aren`t shooting.
if you run out of mana and try to do a ranged attack, if the monster have a melee attack it will be done instead.

IMPORTANT note that you will be healed correctly to the 100% health using medkits or stimpacks, but you wont get more than 200hp using potions,soulspheres, or megaspheres(this is specially important with monsters with more than 200hp). That's because the limit for the normal heath is set in the player declaration, and the limit for the bonus health is set in the powerup. it will be fixed as soon as I finish all the monsters. Now health bonus are working correctly, and them also give you aditional mana.

PACKAGE CONTENTS

Mancubus
health: 600
primary: mancubus 3 bursts of 2 mancushots each (5 mana each projectile)
secondary: NONE
description: Enormous and Slow. Fires killer fire bursts. Ideal against bunchs of small enemies.
Doom Imp
health: 60
primary: Imp fireball (5 mana)
secondary: Imp Claw scratch (free)
description: Is very,very weak, but it's not very slow and is small as a human, so you won't have too much problems to evade missiles (Problem comes with hitscan!).
Pink Demon
health: 150
primary: Demon Bite (free)
secondary: Demon Rage: your blinding bloodthirst makes you attack faster and "eat" your enemy, regenerating your health (35 mana)
description: Very fast, but only short range. You may find interesting leave alive the smaller enemies to eat them latter :P.
Spectre Demon
health: 150
primary: Demon Bite (free)
secondary: Spectre Shadowmeld: one minute of partial invisibility (500 mana)
description: Stealth, Very fast and mostly unviewable by the enemy with shadowmeld activated. Act wisely, as you don't have long range. Use your Shadowmeld and try to awake only one enemy at a time.
Baron of hell
health: 1000
primary: Baron green "plasma" (40 mana)
secondary: Baron Claw scratch (free)
description: Red, tall, and capable to stand a lot of punish. You can burn enemies from afar or bruise to death with your claws.
Arachnotron
health: 500
primary: Plasma chain (6 mana)
description: Very wide and slow, what makes hard to evade. You should melt them with your plasma gun before they get you!!
Cacodemon
health: 400
primary: Cacodemon gas ball (10 mana)
secondary: Cacodemon bite (free)
description: Small and not very slow, being able to fly is what makes the difference here.
Revenant
health: 300
primary: Revenant tracer (40 mana)
secondary: punch (free)
description: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?!? You are an skeleton wearing a techno armor with two cannons that only fire one projectile?? YES! but it's not an usual projectile, it's homing!! well, not always, but you can still punch hard!
Pain elemental
primary: charging Lost soul (100 mana)
secondary: none
description: A pain for your enemies. Flood the room with lost souls and fly away!!
Spider MasterMind
health: 3000
primary: Heavy chaingun (2 mana)
description: Enormous. seriously enormous. Hardly fits somewhere. but you can pierce your enemies with your mega-chaingun!!
Cyberdemon
health: 4000
primary: Rocket launcher (50 mana)
description: Tall. Fuckin' tall. more than a skyscrapper. Well, maybe not this much, but still very tall. Anyways you can fire rockets. and don't worry if you run out of mana and there are some enemies left. you can stand anything they can shoot. anything.
Arch-Vile
health: 700
primary: Magical Flames (50 mana)
secondary: Resurrect a fallen corpse (400 mana)*
description: Freaking fast. more than a hardly-trained marine. Burn and blow your enemies down. if you still feel you don't have enough firepower summon a few allies from the fallen corpses.

some of the graphics for the weapons were done by miself, other ones were took around there, i don't remember. of course, if you find your graphics being used tell me and you will be included in the credits. or if you have some graphs that you think would do well and want to share, you are welcomed. :wink:

release 1.4.1
http://www.adrive.com/public/6f1979b12b ... fbe5c.html

LAST RELEASE 1.4.3
http://www.adrive.com/public/view/5d891 ... a72de.html
Re-upload:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j4nwynmd2om
Last edited by MephistoII on Fri May 15, 2009 4:04 am, edited 7 times in total.
CaptainToenail

Re: [WIP]EMPATHY: Hell incarnation

Post by CaptainToenail »

I'm sure MG-Man has already done this, and even I have had a go at making an Arachnotron player class a while ago. Good luck with it though :D
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

I'm liking this so far. I tested with the Baron first.

When I downloaded Empathy though, there are 2 backup files, which wastes space.
MephistoII

Post by MephistoII »

already done?? I searched a little arround here, but didn't found nothing. well... but how was done?? I mean, player classes and all or only weapons?? well, I suppose it doesn't realy matters.

Yes, you'r right, two xwe auto back-ups escaped of my revision :oops: . as soon as I re-upload the zip, when i make some change, i will fix it :P .
I'm happy you liked it.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

MG-Man's Monster Infight mod:

http://skulltag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8749

Each monster is a seperate class with custom weapon to mimic their attack etc.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

I found it to be quite fun overall, however the demon and spectre classes made the game too hard, whilst the Baron of Hell made it far too easy. I will also point out that the Mancubus seems quite inferior to most other monsters, as it has to stop to attack, making a large target that much more vulnerable. The imp felt about the same as playing a hrd wad that is doable with a bit of dying, but I'd hate to take it against anything thats a real challenge.
MephistoII

Post by MephistoII »

hard with the demon?? yes, AND you have the demon-rage, so, imagine how cruel you are when you kill a demon with a ssg :) .
The baron is easy, yes, maybe I should raise the mana per shoot to 50.
the mancubus haves to stop, yes, and this makes necesary a very good timing. you stop. the real mancubus stops. simple.
An Imp, with his poor 12 damage(random3-24) make him an interesting challenge.
I'm happy you liked it.

And there are news. The Cacodemon and the Arachnotron are finished.
ARACHNOTRON TC.WAD => Arachnotron
health: 500
primary: Plasma chain (6 mana)
CACODEMON TC.WAD => Cacodemon
primary: Cacodemon gas ball (10 mana)
secondary: Cacodemon bite (free)

http://www.adrive.com/public/0e92961e57 ... a0f6d.html
this only contains the two. to get the other download the first package.
Chris Neilson

Post by Chris Neilson »

You need make a Archvile in fight doom player.
MephistoII

Post by MephistoII »

I will do all the monsters, except the zombies (they have the same weapons than the marine, or worse, and less life), and maybe the lost soul.
I wonder how i could get to work a realistic archvile flame attack.

---EDIT---

NEW ALPHA RELEASE
Added:
Pain elemental
Revenant
Spider Mastermind
Cyberdemon

REVENANT TC.WAD => Revenant
health: 300
primary: Revenant tracer (40 mana)
secondary: punch (free)
PAINELEMENTAL TC.WAD => Pain elemental
primary: charging Lost soul (100 mana)
SPIDERMASTERMIND TC.WAD => Spider MasterMind
health: 3000
primary: Heavy chaingun (2 mana)
CYBERDEMON TC.wad => Cyberdemon
health: 4000
primary: Rocket launcher (50 mana)

download here:
http://www.adrive.com/public/fcc38ff84a ... 659c1.html
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

I know I usually never post, but this was really worth one, this is a nice wad and I've been waiting for one that actually incorporates new weapons, the skins, ... for all the monsters.

Keep it up, dude, this is a good wad.
MephistoII

Post by MephistoII »

Finally it's finished.
added archvile
replaced life potion, soulsphere and megasphere, so now bonus health works properlly.
berserk also replaced, now all the attacks have damage raised if you have berserk.

download here
http://www.adrive.com/public/fb22a59aff ... a9819.html

please, download and feedback
please :)
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Re: [FINALLY RELEASED!!!]EMPATHY: Hell incarnation

Post by Cutmanmike »

Hahaha I gotta say this is FUN! A few things though:

* Some of the frames offsets are a bit off. You should check those out.
* It seems like some monsters walk faster than they do on doom. Might be intentional but i'd prefer it if they were at the regular speeds, especially since most of them can outrun their projectiles.
* The demon can bite faster than he can when you're playing as him. Same with the revenant.
* The pain elemental can easily get stuck in his lost souls.
* The spectre wasn't invisible for me :?
* Some of the weapon graphics are pretty bad. I can point you in the right direction for better mancubus arms but the others you might have to work on yourself.

Personally I think this would be way better as a class based deathmatch game. I had the most fun with the Arachnotron and Cyberdemon.

Edit: Whoops I downloaded an old version it seems. Hang on lemmie try this one out.

Edit2: Okay that's weird. In the version you just posted the archvile isn't there. Neither are the arachnotron cybie or spider mastermind.
MephistoII

Post by MephistoII »

Some of the frames offsets are a bit off. You should check those out.
wich frames :shrug: ??
It seems like some monsters walk faster than they do on doom. Might be intentional but i'd prefer it if they were at the regular speeds, especially since most of them can outrun their projectiles.
that's if you'r running, but, yeah, maybe I should reduce a bit the speed.
haha its cool to start shooting with the caco and melee down your target before the balls arrive :trippy: :lol:
by the way: heh, map29 with the caco 8 secs :lol:
The demon can bite faster than he can when you're playing as him.
in the case of the demon that is the "demonrage". I think primary is correct.
Same with the revenant.
are you sure??
The pain elemental can easily get stuck in his lost souls.
yes, actually that's something I can't get rid of, so try to not shoot it against something that is near.
That's cause of the way I did it, actually the only way that really works :mrgreen:
anyways, sometimes crouching is enough to get free.
The spectre wasn't invisible for me :?
actually you have to perform the secondary fire (man, have you read the readme??)
Some of the weapon graphics are pretty bad. I can point you in the right direction for better mancubus arms but the others you might have to work on yourself.
yes, that's true, I am a REALLY bad sprite artist :oops:
I could use the mancubus ones you used for that hexen weapons wad, if you can give me those in a useable palette

hey, have you noticed some special screenie in the "help" :wink:
haha

hay, uhh, do you think cyberdemon should have melee secondary attack??
I thought in adding a kind of "stomp", but later I thought that would be unfair
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Well since he didn't have a stomp in doom I dunno... The frames I noticed were the cacodemon's back frames (try chasecam).

Here's the wad where I found the mancubus arms: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YNCEHPA7
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

Ok I've tried it and it's nice :P, I also found a few things:
- I liked the fact that you put all the monsters in 1 wad ( since it was kindof crowding my folder ), but is it just me, or aren't all the monsters appearing in the monster selection menu? I had to pick random a few times to get the archvile ( which is nicely done by the way ).
- Yes, the sprites aren't THAT good, but it's better than I could do and you do recognize them depending on what monster you have.
- Maybe the spectre shouldn't be a demon with an 'invisible' option but just a permanent invisible monster.

That's about it, hope you can do something with my criticism ;).

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”