Full GZDoom Skybox Set

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SoulCrow

Re: Full GZDoom Skybox Set

Post by SoulCrow »

Lexus Alyus wrote:I always used to think that E1 took place in a rain forest or something :D
I assume you already know that those "mountains" are part of a rainforest of some sort? (at least, from what one can deduce from the real photograph used for that sky)
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Yeah, I know that. I remember seeing the picture on Doomworld a while back (it was when I was active before my long break :D).

But E1 isn't set in a rain forest, so why did id change the sky? It's as silly as changing the controls for Silent Hill Origins to 2D (in relation to the camera) rather than 3D (in relation to the playable character). I hate this as it makes it really hard to navigate when the camera angle changes (plus I have to look at the map all the time because I get disorientated easy... that never happens in the original 4 games!) :evil:

:ugeek:
phi108

Post by phi108 »

Wow, I'm surprised that the files are still on rapidshare.

And when I first played E1 I thought it took place on our moon, since the endtext said "moonbase". But phobos shouldn't really have a sky since it's just a potato rock without much gravity. But I chose the sky here because of it's mountains, and the sky does look a good bit nicer than a dull grey sky (though I guess the foreboding look makes sense in the story).

And many of the skies doen't exactly correlate to their original counterparts, so I encourage anyone who wants to to search for (or make) more accurate/better skies.

And here I'd post links but I don't remember exactly where it was I looked. One place was called the "wadfather", and there was another really big collection I browsed through.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

The beta version has the best E1 sky IMO. The rest of the skies in Doom were fine (Deimos had been transported over hell, so it makes sense that it had a red sky).

:ugeek:
Mauricio Rocks

Post by Mauricio Rocks »

hey! I'm looking for a moon surface skybox, showing the Earth and a few starts... someone can help?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Mauricio Rocks wrote:hey! I'm looking for a moon surface skybox, showing the Earth and a few starts... someone can help?
You could try these. I put them together some time ago from an old version of the Duke hi-res pack. The second one sounds like it might be what you are looking for.

http://www.zshare.net/download/16823581a742e44e/

I guess that if someone wanted to paste mars into it instead of the Earth, it could make a reasonable Mars Moon sky too.
ALIENwolve

Post by ALIENwolve »

I'm stupid and can't get it to function properly with Doom Builder...
Mauricio Rocks

Post by Mauricio Rocks »

ALIENwolve wrote:I'm stupid and can't get it to function properly with Doom Builder...
I can't explain it right now, but you don't have to use Doom Builder for that, but you'll need to use this:

GLDEFS lump to define the skybox as an usable sky;
MAPINFO to define a sky for your maps.

try to search for it on the wiki, it's very easy to do

also, you can find a gret skybox example on sapphire.wad
Enjay wrote:You could try these. The second one sounds like it might be what you are looking for.
wow! this is exactly what I'm looking for! Very thanx Enjay! Can I use this on my projet?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Mauricio Rocks wrote:wow! this is exactly what I'm looking for! Very thanx Enjay! Can I use this on my projet?
No problem. :D

I'm fine with you using it. Credit should go to the Duke Hi-res project team. All I did was configure it to work with GZDoom.
born v12

Post by born v12 »

At me files.drdteat.org all does not work. nobody can send skyboxes at other file sharing.
PS I'm new here and I'm sorry that not know much English. thanks in advance :wink:
phi108

Post by phi108 »

Whoa, 5 years later. Here's some new links, they should work with GZDoom, haven't tested:

Click the name of the file on the top link on the page to download-
Doom 1: http://speedy.sh/DVsTQ/skyboxesD1.zip
Doom2: http://speedy.sh/nE2JB/skyboxesD2.zip
TNT: http://speedy.sh/hS5ZP/SkyboxesTNT.zip
Plutonia: http://speedy.sh/4auzf/SkyboxesPLUT.zip
born v12

Post by born v12 »

Thank You dude. The BIG Thanks, is work:D :D
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Thank you thank you much!! These came too late to me, I hunted and hunted all over the internets to find these because the links here were dead, and finally did, but not before having to wade through some websites that had my Spidey-senses tingling with fears of malware. I got them and avoided getting my system infected thanks to Kaspersky, but I really don't wanna have to encounter any of those sites again to find something else. Thank you for these!!
arkore

Post by arkore »

Patriot1776 wrote:Thank you thank you much!! These came too late to me, I hunted and hunted all over the internets to find these because the links here were dead, and finally did, but not before having to wade through some websites that had my Spidey-senses tingling with fears of malware. I got them and avoided getting my system infected thanks to Kaspersky, but I really don't wanna have to encounter any of those sites again to find something else. Thank you for these!!
Why didn't you share the new download links with us?
arkore

Post by arkore »

New download links can be found in this thread, post #6 or so: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=28589&p=698434

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”