PlayStation Doom TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gez

Re: PlayStation Doom TC

Post by Gez »

MAPINFO does not change sounds. It can change the music lumps associated to each level, though.
ACS is not generic. It's used by individual maps, if there are scripted events; and if you don't want to keep the maps then you don't want to keep their scripts either.

If there is a SNDINFO lump, you'll want to keep it as well. But I think this mod just uses a straight resource replacement, so don't be surprised if you don't find one.
Legend

Post by Legend »

I tried deleting all the files except the sound files and soundinfo like you said, but it doesn't seem to work.

When I go back into the file with xwe, all the sound files seem to have changed somehow. They all just say sounds\D
Gez

Post by Gez »

Well, that's XWE for you. I don't understand why people keep using that old piece of shit software, as if somehow the WAD corruption and inability to deal correctly with PK3 were features.
Legend

Post by Legend »

Gez wrote:Well, that's XWE for you. I don't understand why people keep using that old piece of shit software, as if somehow the WAD corruption and inability to deal correctly with PK3 were features.
I'm very new to trying to edit wads and such. SO I don't know how good or bad one program is from the others. What program do you suggest?
Gez

Post by Gez »

For PK3s, SLumpEd or its in-beta-development successor SLADE3.
http://slumped.mancubus.net/
http://slade.mancubus.net/
http://svn.drdteam.org/
Legend

Post by Legend »

Thanks for the help. I used Slade and got it to work. Only I notice there seems to be a bit of reverb to the sound effects in the playstation tc, but not when I just load up the sound pk3 I mad with the original levels.

Also, any way I can get the ambient sounds from the game? Or are those part of the music files themselves?
Last edited by Legend on Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Reverbs are map settings.

Ambient sounds? That's either the music, or sound-emitting map things. So, in either cases, map settings as well.
Legend

Post by Legend »

Gez wrote:Reverbs are map settings.

Ambient sounds? That's either the music, or sound-emitting map things. So, in either cases, map settings as well.
What would I do to the map settings in order to add the reverb? How do I find the map settings? in Mapinfo?
Gez

Post by Gez »

"Map settings" was shorthand for "map specific stuff". Some may be in MAPINFO (like the music used), others can only changed through a map editor. This is the case for [wiki]REVERBS[/wiki].
Footman

Post by Footman »

Legend wrote:Also, any way I can get the ambient sounds from the game? Or are those part of the music files themselves?
It's the music. You can grab a music wad for normal Doom games here.
Herculine

Post by Herculine »

fenderc01:

Wow... this TC really brings back memories! The Aubrey Hodges music has always been my favorite to play Doom by. I love the way you strung the 59 levels together just like the PSX CD version and everything else you've managed to recreate. Thank you so much for doing this and sharing it with all of us!
Legend

Post by Legend »

Xim wrote:I've been playing this mod with the Doom 64 stuff, modified with those new reload/recoil animations. It's awesome :P.
What do you mean exactly?
Gnapek

Post by Gnapek »

How to run the mod on "Skulltag" ?
Footman

Post by Footman »

Gnapek wrote:How to run the mod on "Skulltag" ?
Should work fine with Skulltag.
ZDG

Post by ZDG »

Footman wrote:
Gnapek wrote:How to run the mod on "Skulltag" ?
Should work fine with Skulltag.
He asked how to run it, Not if it worked or not.
To run the mod, Click n'grab the .wad or .pk3 in Skulltag.exe .

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”