PlayStation Doom TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
fenderc01

Re: PlayStation Doom TC

Post by fenderc01 »

I uploaded a new video to YouTube...now in HD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g5GNGb8ddk&fmt=22
Footman

Post by Footman »

Any plans to cover PSX Final Doom as well?
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

Footman wrote:Any plans to cover PSX Final Doom as well?
I would really like to, but the tool I used to convert the levels doesn't work for Final Doom (at least I haven't figured out how to).
Gendo

Post by Gendo »

yeah some skilled coder needed to work on the source...
BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

A cover of PSX Final Doom would be the icing on an already epic cake.

In the meantime, two things:

A) Barons Of Hell and Hellknights refuse to fight each other; this shouldn't be, as in the PSX game itself they'll happily tear each other apart if provoked.

B) I'm in the middle of a playthrough using this TC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-UgH5SZkyg

Just over halfway through Ultimate Doom so far, 100% kills/secrets on every map (I've always deemed 'Items' as an achievement to pursue when not limited to 10 minutes per stage :P)
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

BaronOfStuff wrote:A) Barons Of Hell and Hellknights refuse to fight each other; this shouldn't be, as in the PSX game itself they'll happily tear each other apart if provoked.
Really? I can't remember. Is there a good level to test this on?
BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Cutmanmike wrote:Really? I can't remember. Is there a good level to test this on?
I can think of two (on UV difficulty):
Pandemonium - The yard before the blue door has a couple of Hellknights, and the corridor next to this has a lone Baron. Luring them into a crossfire is easy.

Tricks And Traps - Get the yellow key (kill all the Barons and Cyberdemon), then go down the hallway containing the Chainsaw. Lead the Baron into the starting 'hub', then go through the yellow door and grab the red key. Kill the imps, but leave the Knights. Lure them into the path of any Baron fireballs.
Coon

Post by Coon »

fenderc01 wrote:I used Kaiser's PSXMAKE program which extracts all of the brightness and color values from the PlayStation CD, so those are the values I used.
Keep in mind that PSX Doom was meant to be played on standard definition TV''s, consequently the values were tweaked to suit only the luma range these TV's were normally capable of (inherently brighter) not that of computer monitors from more than a decade after.
Nightside

Post by Nightside »

In future versions is to add more enemies, because the original version lacks the Hell Knight and Arachnotron in Ultimate Doom (only available in phase one), even if the Doom 2, which lack Pain Elemental, although it is very rare. Only 3 Cyberdemons and 2 The Spider Mastermind's the whole game, very even. In the PSX Final Doom, I remember very well that only exists in Mancubus Level 9 and the Baron of Hell only in Level 14. So does not. Pain Elemental out that some in the middle of the game (is not enough levels appear) and Cacodemon. Who wants to take a given, I found the Final Doom, but is in alpha. Tá ai: - LINK CUT -
Now today, I used Google to translate.

Cutman edit: Please don't link to sites with illegal IWAD downloads.
The_Funktasm

Post by The_Funktasm »

Nightside wrote:In future versions is to add more enemies, because the original version lacks the Hell Knight and Arachnotron in Ultimate Doom (only available in phase one), even if the Doom 2, which lack Pain Elemental, although it is very rare. Only 3 Cyberdemons and 2 The Spider Mastermind's the whole game, very even. In the PSX Final Doom, I remember very well that only exists in Mancubus Level 9 and the Baron of Hell only in Level 14. So does not. Pain Elemental out that some in the middle of the game (is not enough levels appear) and Cacodemon. Who wants to take a given, I found the Final Doom, but is in alpha. Tá ai: - LINK CUT -
Now today, I used Google to translate.
What the fuck? There's IWAD downloads there!

Cutman edit: Aw come on don't quote posts with naughty links :P
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Use the Report Post Button, Funktasm.

At least the thread he bumped was good, right?
Nightside

Post by Nightside »

I downloaded a bunch of WAD here. Not understand the placement, which only wanted to help ... :(
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

The site you linked to contained downloads for the Commercial Doom games, which is illegal.
DoomguyMario

Post by DoomguyMario »

This is amazing!
I realy love this mod...
Progware

Post by Progware »

Wow! good job...
now i can play the PSX Doom on PC
Verry good! :) :) :) :D :D :D

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”