PlayStation Doom TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Marnetmar

Re: PlayStation Doom TC

Post by Marnetmar »

Would you mind if I asked what format these maps use?
francis247uk

Post by francis247uk »

Thought I would sign up to say thanks fenderc01, did an outstanding job on this.

The forum always seems to have a lot of readers but hardly ever any new posts!

Dragonsbrethren, I would be happy to test your updated Beta and provide feedback if your still working on it

Thanks
francis247uk
Moktar

Post by Moktar »

I was been following this project years ago. Dragonsbrethren, I hope you will release the new update soon.

Edit: Teh wall puffs aren't so slow how they are in the update. And the bright levels are too dark. I would say overly dark.
BTW, will be compatible with Zdoom? I play the TC with.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

BTW, will the next release (which hopefully will happen soon) be adapted to latest GZDoom builds? I could imagine some changes happened in the code since 2010, and maybe some stuff doesn't work the way it used to do any more.
When I launched the TC last night with latest GZD for example (r1320), the status bar had a thick black border at the bottom. This is actually also included on the graphics inside the pk3, but I am wondering why this shows up now (or was it like that all the time and I just didn't notice it until now?). Besides that, the whole thing is still pitch black, but I guess that's common knowledge. xD
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

I would like to update the project to Beta 3.1 to include any minor improvements and to make the project compatible with the latest version of GZDoom. One thing I would like to include is the proper font for status messages. Please contact me if you would like to contribute!
byblo

Post by byblo »

You can count on me :)

But curiously, I cant send you any PM. Maybe because I just registered?
Legend

Post by Legend »

Looking forward to an update. Since you want to make it compatible with the latest gzdoom, will it have gamepad support too?
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

Legend wrote:Looking forward to an update. Since you want to make it compatible with the latest gzdoom, will it have gamepad support too?
It's always had gamepad support. I used to play with my DualShock 3 and that was on version 1.3.0 of GZDoom.
Legend

Post by Legend »

It would be really nice if it had pk smooth weapons animations support. They don't seem to work with it.

Also noticed that the g/zdoom custom hud doesn't display the numbers for health, ammo, and armor when you play without the psx status bar at the bottom of the screen.

Also, if I run it without using the bat, Doom 2 hell on earth comes up as a selectable episode before Ultimate Doom and Doom II in the original font. I had to run it without the bat in order for it to run with Doom Runner front end.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

BUMP

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned here yet. It's shaping up pretty damn nicely so far!
Legend wrote:pk smooth weapons animations support
Oh God, not this again ...
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

scalliano wrote:
Legend wrote:pk smooth weapons animations support
Oh God, not this again ...
Not what again? I don't see any mention of this anywhere earlier in the thread (unless it's using nonstandard language that doesn't include "smooth" or "weapon") and it's a harmless inquiry. If you're trying to refer to some drama from some other thread, I'd really rather you not bring it into this one.

Either way, it's an easy fix, but it's a problem on the PSX TC side: The new weapon slots are defined via KEYCONF instead of in the player class, making weapons unselectable if you try and load a mod. There seem to be a couple of other things implemented via legacy methods that ought to be replaced (the status bar seems to be done in ACS, for one), though Dragonsbrethren claims he's got a (currently unreleased) update that addresses at least the status bar issue.

Either way, there's a better way to define the slots that's more or less better for everyone involved (mods can be loaded and even regular ol' users get the benefit of not having their configs mucked around with via keyconf stuffage).
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

No drama, it's just that I've come across quite a few project threads involving extra/modified weapons (my own included) where this has been brought up. While the mod may be using an outdated method for handling weapons, as you say it's easily fixed, but it's not really up to fender or Dragonsbrethren to implement changes based on incompatibility with another, completely separate mod.

As I say, no drama, and it was intended only as a passing joke.
Dragonsbrethren

Post by Dragonsbrethren »

I'm a little late, but the latest version uses a player class for weapons. I'm not going out of my way to support other mods, but I am trying to bring everything up to date in terms of implementation. New version should be released alongside the Final Doom stuff, hopefully soon, ScottGray and everyone else involved are making fast progress.
Dragonsbrethren

Post by Dragonsbrethren »

ScottGray has posted the first public beta of version 2.0 over at Doomworld:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread. ... ost1074676

PSXDOOM.PK3 is an all-in-one release with all of the PlayStation levels and resources. Make sure you grab PSXTCMUS.PK3 since it has been updated with Final Doom music.
byblo

Post by byblo »

Thank you to all people involved on this port. Hard to believe we still enjoy it 15 years later :)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”