PlayStation Doom TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
oscarelmaestro

Re: PlayStation Doom TC

Post by oscarelmaestro »

Thanks!

PD: Post Final DooM NOW!!!!

lafoxxx
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by lafoxxx »

Great tc! i am sometimes running Skulltag server with it :)
SE-925

Post by SE-925 »

Probably already reported, but here's what a 16:10 aspect ratio (Doom's original) does to the bottom of the screen.

Tails Butt

Post by Tails Butt »

I have been playing this TC for a long time and love it! Playing such a TC was but a mere dream before I discovered this! The only thing I've found missing is the gibbed sound that plays when either the player or a monster is crushed.

Crush:
POL5 A -1 A_PlaySound ("Misc/Gibbed")
stop

Just adding this state worked perfectly for me. I always liked how you heard the splosh anytime you get a bunch of monsters or yourself smashed by doors or the rare crushers.
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

I just discovered you can add reverb to maps, so I may attempt to do that. I uploaded a test file for some feedback. Let me know what you think. Which effect should I use, etc? Make sure you load REVERB_TEST.PK3 after PSXTC.PK3

Download REVERB_TEST.PK3
Last edited by fenderc01 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naitguolf

Post by Naitguolf »

ah... this mod, with a flashlight and even more dark...
unknownna

Post by unknownna »

You know, you should really try to scale the weapons sprites using the hirestex lump or some image editing program.
AFAIK, you'll have to add transparency to the black color surrounding the sprites.
I somehow managed to delete the offsets that I made for the PC sprites, so I don't have them anymore for those who want them.
Chris Neilson

Post by Chris Neilson »

Hey every there. Need make a Final Doom TC (Psxdoom) level 1 thru 30. And DoomKnight is not reposed.. I make something texture for psxdoom tc.

Any more?
meatadelic

Post by meatadelic »

Is there a specific reason (or resolution?) as to why I see exclamation points in place of all of the stronger monsters (Hell Knights, Spider Demons, Mancubus, etc.)? I have the latest version of gzdoom and beta 2 of the PSX TC, if that helps.
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Wrong IWAD, perhaps?
meatadelic

Post by meatadelic »

scalliano wrote:Wrong IWAD, perhaps?
I was using the first doom wad instead of the doom 2 one. DUH. Still getting used to this whole zdoom/gzdoom stuff. Last time I played I was using windoom. Thanks!
Gnapek

Post by Gnapek »

Hi.

I have a problem with the "PlayStation Doom TC" I recording a short movie of my problem. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F51A7Pkd4M

Regards.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Yeah, your problem here is in two places - this is supposed to be used on Doom 2, not Ultimate Doom (to the best of my recollection); and make sure you're selecting the correct episode as well.
Gnapek

Post by Gnapek »

Yeah! It works! Thanks to great. Regards. :)
dxrxix

Post by dxrxix »

Guys, I've just played this one and should say: GREAT!!!

Still have my old DooM and DooM2 originals and love them, but this PSX mod really enhance the experience :D

I also like to play other wads I happen to find out there (respect to all wadmakers. You're awesome), but I'm trying something and think I'm not doing it quite right. Is that a way to play others than the PSX DooM TC with the music and sound on this one? Since the pk3 files are separate ones, I'm just wondering if it's possible... :wink:
It's not like changing other people's wads. I respect the hard work of the ones behind the great pieces that just make DooM survive the test of time. what I wanted is to make use of these cool sounds from this one, but loading the pk3 along other wads just don't work...

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”