PlayStation Doom TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Godzilla

Re: PlayStation Doom TC

Post by Godzilla »

Hope it includes the exploded head hud and the night club level!
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

@Godzilla: Yes, it does.

@dxrxix: You can play other mods with the PSX audio, simply back up your PSXTC.PK3, rename it to something like PSXSFX.PK3, open it with WinRAR, delete all the folders except SOUNDS and delete all the text files. As for the music, the PSXTCMUS.PK3 won't work directly with other wads, but you can get one which does work here.
dxrxix

Post by dxrxix »

scalliano wrote: @dxrxix: You can play other mods with the PSX audio, simply back up your PSXTC.PK3, rename it to something like PSXSFX.PK3, open it with WinRAR, delete all the folders except SOUNDS and delete all the text files. As for the music, the PSXTCMUS.PK3 won't work directly with other wads, but you can get one which does work here.
Sorry being out so much time! (working too much these days... :laff: :laff: )

Thanks for the tips on the PSX audio scalliano. Already got the music WAD, by the way. I'll make the work on the .PK3 file and give them a shot tonight, then post back the result.
I think this should be of use to someone else interested on this :wink:

Be back later!
dxrxix

Post by dxrxix »

dxrxix wrote:
scalliano wrote: @dxrxix: You can play other mods with the PSX audio, simply back up your PSXTC.PK3, rename it to something like PSXSFX.PK3, open it with WinRAR, delete all the folders except SOUNDS and delete all the text files. As for the music, the PSXTCMUS.PK3 won't work directly with other wads, but you can get one which does work here.
I'll make the work on the .PK3 file and give them a shot tonight, then post back the result.

Worked just great :D Tested with Ultimate DooM & Plutonia :wink:
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

Added reverb to all of the maps. Stay tuned for the update...

scalliano

Post by scalliano »

NICE!
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

Nice :D!
BTW will you ever consider ripping the psx doom sprites and putting them as the right size on the status bar? cuz the chaingun was placed higher and some other guns too i think and also the shotgun had different pump sprites
Gendo

Post by Gendo »

afair the reason for not using the original psxdoom weapon sprites was their crappy quality... nonetheless including these as an option would still be an awesome idea.
Footman

Post by Footman »

Gendo wrote:afair the reason for not using the original psxdoom weapon sprites was their crappy quality... nonetheless including these as an option would still be an awesome idea.
They're also apparently quite tiny.
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

Footman wrote:
Gendo wrote:afair the reason for not using the original psxdoom weapon sprites was their crappy quality... nonetheless including these as an option would still be an awesome idea.
They're also apparently quite tiny.
They are all basically the same except they are compressed horizontally, although the Super Shotgun is completely different. They just didn't look right in GZDoom, so I just kept the PC sprites.
Murre

Post by Murre »

Hey best TC ever!

i got a problem though.. my weapon sprites, half is colored in colored areas, the rest ( the top of the weapon: pistol) is bright, like there is no colored light at all. same goes for the minigun, one animation is colored, but just the barrels, next animation of barrels is not colored and the ring above the barrels where the flame comes out is not colored at all while firing.. what to do ?

its on the dubble barrelled shotgun aswell. im running latest gzdoom build, doom2.wad 1.9, latest nvidia drivers.
and on rocket launcher. and this only happens while shooting in colored light areas.

plz help
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

Latest Version: Beta 3 (February 26, 2010)

Download this if you already have the music files:
PSXDOOM_BETA3.ZIP (6.23 MB)

Download this if you do not have the music files:
PSXDOOM_BETA3_FULL.ZIP (54.27 MB)

You can download the music files from here separately, if you need them:
PSXTCMUS.ZIP (48.04 MB)

=================================================================================

This is a total conversion of the PlayStation version of Doom. It was designed to run using version 1.3.0 of GZDoom with the Doom II IWAD, so I don't know how well it will work for other source ports or IWADs. I included as much from the PlayStation version as I know how to incorporate. If anyone is interested in making it more accurate to the PlayStation version, or have any suggestions, please let me know. Also, if you find any bugs or something that needs changed, please contact me via private message.

(There is a bug in later versions of GZDoom (newer than 1.3.0) that causes the weapon sprites to be lit improperly when being fired. Please stick to version 1.3.0 until the problem is addressed.)

=================================================================================

Features from PlayStation version:
Spoiler:
Changes / Bug Fixes:
Spoiler:
How to Install:
Spoiler:
Thanks to:
Kaiser for the use of his PSXMAKE and JAGEDIT tools.
unknownna for help with the monster, weapon, etc. timings, and bug reports.
Chris Neilson and DoomKn1ght for their Nightmare Spectre sprites. Mine were too light in color.
Anyone else I missed? I will add you here if you remind me.
Last edited by fenderc01 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
supergoofy

Post by supergoofy »

The Full pack got corrupted by mediafire.com

I have repacked the Full pack and reuploaded to my account at mediafire.com (obviously I got the files from the two separate packs).

PSXDOOM_BETA3_FULL.ZIP
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4fxtyed1k3m

CRC32: B7ADE25C
MD5: 92A0B8F237C0B2885E6C4C3E06B8DAF0
SHA-1: 5838F1A6C06BF82111538F07F0234265B8D6A172
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

Good job, that reverb is spot-on! Now I'm in the mood to give this another playthrough! :thumb:
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

supergoofy wrote:The Full pack got corrupted by mediafire.com
I re-uploaded the file to my account:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wmzhdmthj ... 3_FULL.ZIP

Thanks!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”