Lizard Squad: A cartoony ZDoom mod - Version 5.2b release!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
lizardcommando

Re: The Exterminator: Bigger Backpack Edition (New Demo Release)

Post by lizardcommando »

X-CrAzYkOoL-X wrote:hey liz-commando, wat about da akimbo SMG reloading thing, i say it should reload like dis:

1. If its empty, both da SMG's ammunition are taken out.

2. Just reload dem both each to make it quick.

Well, unless ur leavin da reloadin u have now. just givin some ideas.
Yeah... Honestly, I can barely understand a word you just said there. Can anyone here translate?
Captain Proof wrote:Image

That terrible
Yeah, that looks pretty bad. Didn't you try to use any kind of reference to draw that?

Anyways, I found a small bug in the mod. I'm not sure what's causing it or why it happens but for some reason I start off with 52 bullets. It's supposed to be 50 bullets. Also, I'm able to pick up a shitload of ammo for the 9mm guns. I don't know what's causing it or why. Can anyone help me out here?
Captain Proof

Post by Captain Proof »

I got a large number of pictures ofvarious Russian and german weaponry from ww2 off of wikipedia and I studied the layout of the PPSH.The other reference was a weapon model from the Russian Front on Call of Duty 2.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

The shading looks pretty bad for it though. And the gun just looks really weird. I've seen the actual one before and it's a odd looking gun as it is, but the one you made makes it look weirder.

Anyways, I don't really have any clue on what's causing the small bug. I'm sure this didn't happen with the last version of the mod I released. Maybe it's related to the SVN or something? Any thoughts?
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

lizardcommando wrote:
X-CrAzYkOoL-X wrote:hey liz-commando, wat about da akimbo SMG reloading thing, i say it should reload like dis:

1. If its empty, both da SMG's ammunition are taken out.

2. Just reload dem both each to make it quick.

Well, unless ur leavin da reloadin u have now. just givin some ideas.
Yeah... Honestly, I can barely understand a word you just said there. Can anyone here translate?
well dat suks, it does sound hard to understand wat i wrote. :(
well i think i can explain a little bit easier, u know, like da dual pistols in Alandoguns, or xXx-merchenaries' dual pistols.
much better or still?
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I know this is a big bump, but I decided to go back to working on this mod just for a little bit.

I need help implementing a custom statusbar into my mod. I've been trying to do it on my own for quite some time, but it keeps screwing up on me. The following link has my concept art for the HUD.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 93#p331172

Here's an additional concept art for the classic HUD I want to implement. The only difference is that the HUD should be stretched out horizontally, just like the classic Doom Statusbar. Plus, some of the stuff from the screenshot doesn't have all the stuff I want implemented as shown in the ZDoom forum link.
Spoiler:
Can someone help me make one that is as close to it as possible? I've got some of the resources made. I'll PM the link to anyone that is willing to implement it for me. Your help is greatly appreciated.
TypeSaucy

Re: The Exterminator: Bigger Backpack Edition (Need Some Help)

Post by TypeSaucy »

you know, you can bump your own projects. and looks like your keeping this up and running back again. hmm, if this is about editing the HUD, i dont know if i can pull this one off since im an ameteur at ACS and scripts and HUDs and stuff.
but about before, you still dont know what reload sprites im talking about? take the Zen-Dynamics' Duel Plasma SMGs' reload for example. :|
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Yeah, even after reading your post, I still have no idea on what you mean. On a side note though, your typing's a whole lot better now. :)
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I'll do it. It looks like the picture you've pasted on the HUD has a couple pixels that are too large for a normal statusbar, but why don't you PM me what you've got and I'll see if I can help you work it out? :)
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Cool. Thanks for offering to help me. I just sent you a PM with a link.
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

lizardcommando wrote:Yeah, even after reading your post, I still have no idea on what you mean. On a side note though, your typing's a whole lot better now. :)
k thanks for commenting my typing, but you still dont know what im talking about? ok, goto the thread here that says "Zen-Dynamics weaps for Skulltag", get it, and check the Plasma SMGs' reloading and you'll know what im talkin about. :P
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Here's the last beta (for now) for my mod. I haven't worked on this thing for a while and I've kind of lost interest in the mod, but I'll probably pick it up again some day. I've had this mod sitting in my hard drive for some time, so I figured that I'd release this thing before I completely forget about it. :wink:

Anyways, the biggest update to the mod is the custom HUD. Big thanks to Zhs2 for implementing it! :) I don't really remember what other changes I made to it. Probably some tiny bug fixes. I'm not sure. Anyways, click the link below to check it out.

http://www.zshare.net/download/589070885b70401a/
Xim

Re: The Exterminator: Bigger Backpack Edition (New Demo release)

Post by Xim »

I'm sorry but this has to be the best weapons mod I've ever played. Ever.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I have to agree. But all you have to do is strip off the outlines and apply shading, and voila! =P

Nah, just kidding. I like how this mod works already, but if you really wanted to make any of the sprites more realistic... it's only that many steps!
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

Xim wrote:I'm sorry but this has to be the best weapons mod I've ever played. Ever.
when i found this in youtube, i thought it would suck. i was COMPLETLY wrong! :mrgreen:
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Oh really? What made you think it would suck and what made you change your mind of that opinion? Just curious, is all.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”