ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
eyesoftheworld94

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by eyesoftheworld94 »

A mod based on Bear in the Big Blue House... only evil. Kill the Satanic Bear, and henchmen (Slutter, Kill-O, Twitch, etc..) all based on Bear in the Big Blue House, but also referencing the old Newgrounds game found here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/310607

Lot's of custom sprite work... would be good though, advancing through levels within the house and what not... thoughts anyone?
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

droscoe wrote:I'd really like to see a chainsaw monster sprite created. It's always bothered me that there wasn't one, and I'm pretty sure a chainsaw wielding demon or half human would be the scariest shit ever and bring back the terror of traps and door ambushes. Hearing that chainsaw rev up somewhere off in the dark room would make me shit my pants.

I can't do sprite work, unfortunately. :(
Thats a good idea.
Soon i'll try to make one.
droscoe wrote:
LastManonEarth wrote:Several times I ve said the same. A chainsaw zombie would be outstanding. Same as you, d like to hear the chainsaw rev starting somewhere off, and plus, would be a very difficult enemy as even that its only a zombie, and its strength its very low, the danger that it should inflict should be equal to an Archvile.
Actually, I DID find a chainsaw zombie on real667. But it's chainsaw idle sound plays continuously, so you can hear it as you approach. I'd like to see this changed somehow to he revs up his chainsaw once he has you in his line of sight. That would give him the element of surprise, something much needed for something so frightening.

Wish I knew how to do sound modding and had access to good chainsaw sounds. Maybe I'll look into that.
I know how.
There might exist multiple ways to make so, i however, know only one way of the probably many.
So yeah, its certainly doable.
droscoe wrote:A few posts above I mentioned that we should have a chainsaw zombie. I found one, but decided to change the audio and its decorate properties. Couldn't pull of what I wanted exactly, but I'm happy nonetheless.

+New custom chainsaw engine start sound, he pauses as he starts the engine then starts to chase you
+New custom chainsaw engine running sound
+New custom engine die sound when he is killed.

https://youtu.be/Q93P2KaTjJ0
Ah, damn, i was too late..... None the less... i still can use a Wolfenstein themed chainsaw nazi, so im on it anyways :wub:
Halfblind

Post by Halfblind »

This is an idea for a stand alone game type. I hope a few people would be willing to work on it and make it shine. I would need someone to work on scripting and another to work on the artwork. I only have great ideas and nothing else. I can make a couple of maps but that is about it.

Capture the Cats

Introduction: This game mode mixes capture the flag, coin collect and deathmatch all rolled into one game type. Instead of capturing coins or the flag the player captures cats many, many cats. In this game mode it challenges the player to think on their feet, strategize and work together to win the match.

Story: In a world stock full of cats the locals were overrun by the cute cuddly creatures who only wanted love and affection. The locals decided to host an Olympic tournament in order to distribute their wealth. Upon starting the tournament the locals uncovered a cavern. Inside the cavern lies a gateway to a new world devoid of the creatures.

In the new world lies unmarried women and crying children who need affection that only a cat can give. It also has old widows and orphans who desperately need a family to love. After unearthing the gateway they also unearthed a terror unlike any other. Not even the powers of hell can hold it back. The cats are everywhere and need to be caught so the new tournament begins. And so the tournament needs people like you...

Gameplay: The goal of the game is to capture as much cats as you can before the other team does or the time runs out. There are 3 different types of cats to capture. Each with their own point value. The host can set the clock to 5, 10 or 15 minutes or they can set the goal to 200, 400 or 600 points. Players cannot kill the cats only stun them. Upon capturing them the player can then return to their base to obtain their points. Players can harm each other and take the opposing players cats and earn extra capture points.

This game mode can be played with either a small team, team vs team or on your own as a practice session.

Types of Cats:

Type 1: Cuddly Kittens - These cats are small and relatively easy to capture. They are rather easy to capture because they either follow the player or are relatively still. They are worth 10 points each.

Type 2: Crazy Cats - A normal sized cat that is harder to capture due to their ability to run away from you when they see you. These cats need to be stunned before you can capture them. They are worth 25 points each.

Type 3: Chaos Cats - A large fiery terror from hell. There are only 1 of these kind of cats at any given time. The only way to capture this type of cat is to weaken it before you stun it. They are worth 100 points each.

Player Classes: I want at least 2 to 4 player classes each with their own weapon sets. These player classes should be magic based and carry a maximum of 4 weapons. An example of what weapons a character should have are mentioned below.

Player Weapons: An idea of one player class weapon set.

Weapon Slot 1 - Melee such as a type of gauntlet.
Weapon Slot 2 - Crystal Wand
Weapon Slot 3 - Crossbow
Weapon Slot 4 - Stun/Capture Tool (Item used to stun and capture the cats)

Conclusion: I think this game type would be interesting and fun to play. I hope someone would find it interesting enough to make a working, playable version. Please help make it a reality, I thank you very much.

Image Image
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Spoiler: LARGE, LARGE Picture inside!
Okay, after looking at the breadbagfly's brilliant sprite works in his own thread, i've came up with interesting idea.

The idea is when you pickup the weapon after getting the previous weapon, it'll be able to shapeshift into the weapon you got. Hear me out, The weapon you picked up previously can transform into another weapon you just picked up. And of course, they'll be divided by each slots and cannot pickup more if you have 2 weapons, you must drop one instead. And if you pickup the same one, it'll give you ammo instead. And i'm going to name this mod... Metalivolve!

Sadly, i'm kinda busy with netronian mod thing. So it would be wonderful and great if someone actually can make mod about this! After getting the original spriter's permission, of course.

Oh, also i've made those weapons more fancier. See those touches?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

My idea... creating legit-looking lightning bolt sprites so that we can have legit BFG tracers.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

How about a mod where you're a normal ass marine, and the demons are the badasses.

Your accuracy increases the more still you are, you have to reload (with slow animations), and you can't move while using some of the bigger guns.

The demons can dodge while firing, do more damage, and have more health.

The spawn settings would be rather small, so there isn't an badass overload (game overs... so many game overs...).

I think this would be good for slower paced but suspenseful gameplay.
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

... Hideous Destructor?
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

I surprisingly haven't played it, but yes, I heard it has similar elements. I'll have to give it a try.
CirnouliK

Post by CirnouliK »

I wanna see a mod where you get to play as Undyne, from the hit game Undertale. Specifically, before and after her Undying transformation.

Fresh out the gate, you start as unarmored Undyne. You have your spear swipe melee attack, which hits all enemies in front of you, and spear toss, which allows you to toss out spears at a decent (one per second) fire rate, projectile-based, with moderate (35) damage.

After you get your first armor pickup, your sprite visibly gains armor (somehow, or this is the default for Undyne if not possible), and you get two more attacks; A spread-shot spear that goes in three directions (forward, left-to-center, right-to-center), and a spear-from-the-ground attack wherever you're pointing for double damage, soft-locking to monsters.

If (and when) you die once, you instead drop to one HP with invuln, and after five seconds, respawn with 200 Health and 200 Armor. All of your attacks gain double speed, and you gain your final attack; ten spears that shoot from around you at all angles, soft-locking towards nearby enemies.

And then you die normally on the second death, or revert to normal form upon changing levels (if possible).

Any takers?
UTNerd24

Post by UTNerd24 »

Is there a mod that allows you to stack the effects of a Backpack like in Russian overkill?
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Zenon »

Why not a rabbit raising simulator?
Doomguy likes bunnies does he not?
StrikerMan780

Post by StrikerMan780 »

Cyberdemon2006 wrote:Why not a rabbit raising simulator?
Doomguy likes bunnies does he not?
Cue the Shadow Warrior rabbits.
Deii

Post by Deii »

There was a project I had begun working on back in 2013, named Lasting Echo or something along those lines. I remember giving a shot at using decorate and mish-mashing sprites together, but not too long after that my desktop died and had to be thrown out.

I had completely forgotten about it for a long time, until in late 2015 I found my old flash drive, which had some of the notes I had taken back in the day so I more or less begun reimagining it as a sort of early 16 bit, sprite-based FPS, writing about what level types it would have, along with items, enemies, weapons, history...suffice to say, I think it would work better as a total conversion.

The basic story is pretty simple. Sometime during the early 20th century, a cult located in the outskirts of Prussia summoned an eldritch being whose presence in any place but its own realm is enough to change and corrupt timelines, along with warping one's mind and to an extent, their body. The player character would be the last remaining member of another cult, dedicated to the worship of a god that I guess could be a benevolent Tchernobog, given his role of keeping time bound together in a way that humans may understand it. I remember sketching many possible appearances for them, from a common person to someone who sacrificed their humanity in order to wield more power, but that's all in my head so who knows.

The missions themselves wouldn't be particularly complex, with the lot of them being "kill all the monsters and don't die" but a few would feature slight puzzles (none of which I actually wrote or thought about to this date). My main inspiration for the maps themselves when I still worked on them were mainly my dreams, Quake and old buildings, along with a few elements that I'm drawn to.

So have a bunch of my thoughts and notes because whyyy not? Maybe it'll inspire someone.

Spoiler: Weapons
Spoiler: Enemies
Spoiler: Maps
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Post by kevansevans »

Concept visual replacement for lost soul:
Spoiler:
Something something horror theme something
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Now I'm tempted to make a monster with an attack that actually makes it look like ZDoom is glitching, or there are dead pixels on the monitor.

Return to “General”