ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
cambertian
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by cambertian »

A multiplayer mod where cheats are not only useable, but encouraged. Stuff like "tiny mode" or "fast animations."
The only caveats:
  1. You can have a max of three on at a time.
  2. If you have three activated and need to change for some reason, the one you enter next overwrites the first one you entered.
  3. No cheats like "invincibility" or "one-hit kills."
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

...I think those are called "runes".
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

As much as I didn't want to dig up this conversation, I saw something that left me no choice.
wildweasel wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote:It'll only add fuel to the fire. When it comes to real-world application to controversial events, it's best if we steer clear of that kind of activity... else we may get an extreme hate-crime case that may be inspired by that mod.
Well, yes, that too, but I feel that ww-terror is intended purely as entertainment value (seriously, have you ever actually watched the intro? Like, more than once?), and any resemblance to real-world commentary is completely unintended. My mods are not political mouthpieces and they are not objects of satire. I put generic "terrorists" in my mod to follow along the "Acceptable Targets" design mantra that proved so successful with ww-nazis.

Besides, putting ISIS/Daesh in a Doom mod is only glorifying them, and giving them exactly what they want: a public presence.
It's too late for that. We can thank some of the idiots of YouTube who just cannot let things be for it.

But besides - isn't there already a mod like what was suggested? Yeah, you might've heard of it, what was it called... Nazis!? Seriously, the resemblance between the two parties is uncanny and frightening!
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

... Yes, and Nazis are barely a threat anymore. Sure, some skinheads might commit crimes, but it's not like there's an actual organization of them that still commits mass genocides.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

I had this weird idea for a doom game
Heaven invades earth, after doom guy destroys hell
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

Arctangent wrote:... Yes, and Nazis are barely a threat anymore. Sure, some skinheads might commit crimes, but it's not like there's an actual organization of them that still commits mass genocides.
No. There is one... not "skinheads", per se, but they still commit mass genocides.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Wiw wrote: It's too late for that. We can thank some of the idiots of YouTube who just cannot let things be for it.
But besides - isn't there already a mod like what was suggested? Yeah, you might've heard of it, what was it called... Nazis!? Seriously, the resemblance between the two parties is uncanny and frightening!
Pretty much any party of over the last century is like that, whether they wear stathelms, ushankas, berets, Asian conical hats, keffiyeh, anything else or nothing on their heads. All the more reason to paint them as acceptable targets.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

A weapon mod that randomly gives you upgraded weapons but they can only be used under the effect of a berserk, which becomes an inventory item with a set timer.
Maybe you can also fire them without berserk but they can also hurt you if you do.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Or maybe they can use twice or more times the ammo if you use them without berserk.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

That sounds indistinguishable from Heretic's Tome of Power...
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

I mean, for example, a beefy pistol that without berserk would break your fingers, you get to keep it and fire outside of berserk with a loss of health, not upgrading the attacks of existing weapons.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Hmm, that seems to imply a lot of scrolling through weapon slots and other fiddly nonsense to get through your available weapons.

I'd rather have the tome in that case!
BFG

Post by BFG »

cloakless heresiarch using red archvile sprite as base.
The Doommer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11/Archlinux dual boot

Post by The Doommer »

Not sure that this is possible in the engine or not (with the real good jobs i've seen from many wads)...

Something like a random trap...

For example when player comes on the linedef for sector 1 , it will teleport him to a instant-death sector , later coming on linedef for sector 2 will have this effect and sector 1 won't have any effect.

This is more relative to map editors but i think maybe DECORATE or ACS can be connected to sectors and linedefs ?
GENTEK

Post by GENTEK »

HEXEN: If I could find a dude who want to join this project and create Orc sprites like the example or his proper concept the project could be possible because without new stuff it's always the same story and Im not a very cool drawer. :P
ImageImage(Not from me)
I plan to make a very atmospherical adventure with Epic Orc battles, Haunted Forest, Sieged Castle, Evil Wizard Domain, Portals, Abandoned Town, Water Mill, Farms. A lot of village are burned, looted and devastated by an unknow enemy... You've been choosen by the king itself to find who command this orcs army don't fail or this world will fall.
Spoiler:

Return to “General”