ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
LucasGodzilla

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by LucasGodzilla »

I have an idea of a mod that is a mix of the Quake Universe, and Brutal Doom coding. However, I am currently torn at what should I use out of these 3 choices.

A Quake 1 Styled Mod: A "Prince of Darkness" or an Evil / Darkness Feel to It
A Quake 2 Styled Mod: A Nostalgic Strogg Feel
Or a Quake 4 Styled Mod: A more Robotic / New Strogg Feel

Which one should I do???
:? :? :?
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Try a Quake 1/2 hybrid. Methinks 4 is too... detailed? Wouldn't be a good looking sprite translation.
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Fight ghosts, edgy Ghostbusters
Nash

Post by Nash »

I wonder if it's possible to recreate (or at least come close to) Skyrim's Fus Ro Dah shout with one of the blast functions in ZDoom!? :D Has anyone actually tried this?
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

ArtiBlastRadius is probably what you're looking for Nash. I dunno how configurable the actual codepointer in the item is but it seems reasonable that it would produce the effect you're looking for.
Nash

Post by Nash »

I'll have to give that a try soon... FusRoDah.pk3 will be made! XD
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Thread name should be "ZDoom project ideas you have, but others disagree upon and won't get in there. Period."
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Was thinking about Invasion maps. But the maps would be gigantic, with thousands of monsters per wave. There won't be weapon drops, monster kills will give you credits that will allow you to buy weapons and powerups such as the Doomsphere or Invulnerability, while the waves become more and more ludicrous and difficult. The only item spawns would be ammo pickups (a single pickup for all ammo types) and medipacks. Everything else would require to be purchased, either through an ACS menu you could open anywhere through a hotkey, or in your spawn base.
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Here is an idea I just thought of earlier. A Xenomorph gestated by a Doom Imp. It would be as strong and fast a Xenomoprh, but with the ability to throw fireballs as well. It would be appropriate to called it a Diamoniomorph, or the Demon Alien for the larger family. It would be cool for a Doom/Aliens crossover WAD. But right now, I have a lot of plans; this won't come to fruition any time soon.
idGamer

Post by idGamer »

Kontra Kommando wrote: Here is an idea I just thought of earlier. A Xenomorph gestated by a Doom Imp. It would be as strong and fast a Xenomoprh, but with the ability to throw fireballs as well. It would be appropriate to called it a Diamoniomorph, or the Demon Alien for the larger family. It would be cool for a Doom/Aliens crossover WAD. But right now, I have a lot of plans; this won't come to fruition any time soon.
That's a really awesome idea there. Although, it seems like a Imp-bred alien would be stronger but slower, as the imps from Doom generally felt kind of slow.
0bsidian

Post by 0bsidian »

I wonder if there have been any prominent ZDoom projects for Final Doom. The ZDoomia Experiment! :D
Breezeep

Post by Breezeep »

One Idea for a Jokewad that is kind of a spoof of the Ghoul's Forest is:

SHREK'S FOREST
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Hello there,yes im new to the forum,but i've been playing Zdoom+GZdoom for a quite awhile now.

I decided to make this topic because this is a much bigger idea i had in mind and tought about it for a long time now,here me out and tell me what you think of it.

Like i said,i've been playing Doom (and lots of mods) for years,then something struck me,an idea i felt when i played certain mods like 'Stronghold' or both Roger Ritenour maps 'Phobos' and 'Earth'.

What if there was a mod/wad that simulate the sensation of going on an epic journey across multiples locations with each of them being kind of connected.

When i played those mods (the ones i talked about above) and saw the locations,the textures of the skies and musics,it kinda make me want to try something similar but to a much deeper extent.

Here how it would go: The mod would be called 'The Journey'.

You start as a simple guy in his home somewhere pretty basic like in a town or a city or a lonely shack in the middle of nowhere.Then all hell is breaking loose all over the world,so you decide to go on a grand journey across multiples locations all over the world so you can find the source of all this mess.

Each locations will transit from one place next to the other with a little bit of foreshadowing in each of them.(for exemple you are in a level you can see something that foreshadow the next level you are going to be in)

We should also expect some difference in each levels (different textures),like in some places there is rain,in others snow or even fogs.

For the musics we should go with either ambient or anything that would give atmosphere to the levels. (Like 'Pharaoh' from map31 of TNT Evilution)

Once you quit the beginning level (a city for exemple) you find yourself in the sewers,then next level would be the outskirt of the city with forests and highway roads,then you end up in a back country village,then at the foot of a mountain that you will need to climb. (the mountain is foreshadowed in previous levels with the background/sky textures)

Once at the top of the mountain,you are in a snowy area,you explore till you find what seems to be ruins,you go inside and start going deeper and deeper inside the mountain until you find yourself in a system of caverns.At the end of the level you find an exit,then you find yourself at the opposite side of the mountain and you can see a beach.

You start going all the way right,walking along the beach until you find a fisherman village/port,exploring it you find a boat that will lead you to.....Antartica.Exploring the cold region you find an old abandoned installation,then you find yourself in a icy cavern with an ancient temple.

In the temple there is a teleporter that lead you to the Mojave dessert and the infamous Area 51 base,by finding another portal in the base you then find yourself in an underwater secret base,there you will find a submarine that will get you to a gigantic cavern hidden deep underwater with a temple inside it (is it the city of Atlantis ?),inside of it you find another portal that lead you to your final destination : Hell.

You fight lots of demons and finally stop the hellish invasion,it end with your character being teleported back home and enjoy a nice time to relax.

For the secrets levels or if we need to add other levels,we could add a level set in Egypt/pyramid and another one in a gothic castle,we could even add one set in Heaven or one where the character has a nightmare and must explore a hellish version of his hometown.

So what do you guys think,would this be interesting ?

I also tought about a sequel with your character going from Earth to the moon,then from one planet to the other,exploring different galaxies,the title would be 'The Journey 2 : Beyond And Further'.

Here is the link to the topic if you are interested http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 35#p752435
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

You know what would be cool? A Moonstone themed total conversion!
Melee madness. Gore!
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

A Dark Forces- themed FPSRPG. I had in mind missions for the Rebellion, side quests on various planets, and a shop system (You're a mercenary! You get payed!) I.e. A Rodian weapon dealer on Nar Shadaa. I want more than what Strife did- Levels, stats. (Accuracy, Speed, HP, Strength, Resistance, etc.) Maybe he could be a Jedi, but seeing the lack of lightsaber sprites and people being fans of gunslinger Katarn, maybe not. Either way, it'd be pretty cool. Maybe you could call for Rebel backups a la Strife. This would be quite the ambitious project though.

Return to “General”