ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
The_Funktasm

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by The_Funktasm »

my ideal project is getting the fuck off of this site
Last edited by The_Funktasm on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Dead space mod. I imagine it like Kontra Kommando's Aliens mod, only shootable corpses(because fuck the idea of a intact necromorph body), and weapon crafting(maybe). If I am going slow with the mod I am working on now, I might work on this sometime. I might base off of dead space 2 and 3 more than 1.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

playing Demonsteele with everything it's not supposed to be played with (usually dumb Doom wads with dumber graphics replacements), i just had an idea while playing it with The Darkest Hour. what about Demonsteele getting a Star Wars skin-addon? Kharon would be your lightsaber, all the guns would be blasters and stuff, and all the enemies would be based off of the Imperial Army. given Demonsteele's focus on melee-combat and acrobatic movement, i think it would work. only, this is just an idea i had, and i have no ways to realize it. but hey, that's what this thread is for.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

The lightsaber skin wouldn't be hard, the other stuff would take a bit of work though.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i think a couple of half-decent lightsaber sprites exist in old Star Wars TCs. enemies are harder to do, though you could rip everything from Dark Forces, which should cover hopefully the entire Doom 2 bestiary. the other weapons would probably have to be manually touched up, though. all in all it seems feasible, but i'm just not the type of person that could pull this off.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Oh boy. it seems like i have nothing but ideas as of late, but at least i have a appropriate thread-sized receptacle for my mental-ejaculate.

1.) Zombie Invasion

Back in the heyday of edge i was known as doomer1. one of the things which caught my attention was the hypertension mod. I was going to release an arcade style invasion mod that put Caleb behind a bar table in sort of a saloon, with different weapons that can be upgraded (the idea carried over to my somewhat stagnant mod, Doom:Specops) i have a revolver worked up now, but it would use the sawed off, the tommy gun, and the flare gun, which would all have upgrade paths. I still think about it from time to time. I still am interested in Hypertension too, cant wait to see what gets rolled out; rip blood 2 resurrection btw :(

2.) Doombia: Decorate Edition

Basically doombia was a CS:S rip compilation that was handed in doom. you can see how it turned out, and it was rather fun; the idea was to keep it arcadey while making the game more tactical. it revolved around power weapons with low ammo, weak weapons with high ammo, and balance weapons; weaker weapons were spray n pray, power weapons were up close and personal toe-to-toe weapons, balanced were more flexible in range. My idea was to go back and redo this completely. in doombia2, which no longer exists, i added a m14 sniper and a auto shotty, and grenades. i was working on explosive weapons when i lost all my work. This may never see the light of day, but one thing that is somewhat lacking are weapons with variable degrees of accuracy. HD has it pretty well, but not like in CS. I also want to implement projectiles and critical shots (head, heart, ext), that do slightly more damage. Essentially it would be like HD but like brutal doom as well, so running and gunning would be possible, but with accuracy penalties.

3.) WOS mod

I wanted to add in a glock and my k98 sniper rifle to round out the weapon set; ill probably actually do this pretty soon.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Somehow combining Super 3D Noah's Ark with Not Wanted on the Voyage.

Possibly with one middle episode being about someone desperately fighting their way to higher ground before collapsing exhausted on the peak of a mountain, and the final episode showing the remains of that person (while you are once again playing as Noah) next to the Ark, with the destroyed and algae-covered remains of all of "your" inventory scattered nearby.

Russell Crowe's face for episode 1 and 3 mugshot.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Having watched Mockingjay: Part 1 yesterday (which was surprisingly good- I didn't expect much after how bad the second movie was), I was reminded of an old idea I had, which was a Hunger Games- themed LMS mod.

This would, of course, be purely the arena action and survival. For those who do not know, 24 players start in a circle around a "Cornucopia" (which vaguely resembles a very large version of said object) which contains supplies and weapons. In the novels/movies, this is where most of the bloodbath takes place, but that could vary based on the game.They then scatter around an arena with some sort of gimmick (i.e. a giant clock-shaped field with some danger in each part every hour, as in the second novel/film). They must survive by finding food and water, avoiding or killing other players, and avoiding hazards. Players would have to build fires, cook food, etc. In the Hunger Games, a person could send a "sponsor" gift to a person, dropped into the arena via a parachute (described as silver). These would be awarded quite rarely, but have useful items such as medicine or food. Also, the novels/films imply that there were many gimmick arenas in all sorts of terrains, so maps could vary greatly, and mix things up.

If this was pulled off right, it would be great. It's more fit for Zandronum, however, but I thought it would be cool to share it here.

EDIT:
fellowzdoomer wrote:Damn the producer for making us wait for part 2!!
:lol:
Last edited by TheMightyHeracross on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

In before someone posts they want to recreate this in ZDoom.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

must have, now.
jpalomo

Post by jpalomo »

Vaecrius wrote:In before someone posts they want to recreate this in ZDoom.
I couldn't understand the language, but that looks like Ghost in the Shell. If so, that's fucking awesome. I had no idea they were making a game based on the series.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Uh, here's the thing, Gustavo: the Project Ideas thread is set aside for people to describe projects that aren't made yet. Posting a link to your Project thread in here could be considered spamming.
IMX

Post by IMX »

Vaecrius wrote:In before someone posts they want to recreate this in ZDoom.
Not bad!
Athel

Post by Athel »

Spoiler: TheMightyHeracross said
Damn the producer for making us wait for part 2!!

I had an idea similar after I watched it. Kinda like, this one "real-time mod" where you're supposed to take down a higher powered being while keeping little to no deaths of fellow rebellers. It sounds more fit to be a ZStrife mod and even sounds like it in a nutshell, but itd be a mix between an RPG and a Real Time game.

...another "project" I have in mind is a Weather system. Say its December, loading up a map with an acs script would make it December-February type weather Of course, I doubt its possible..

Your thing, however, could be possible. Itd be rather gimmicky at best, but its possible and I know how to do a somewhat good version of it. It just requires (ab) using a ton off ACS.

Return to “General”