ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Carbine Dioxide

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

As long as you don't get bored of the mod, you should be fine. If you do get bored try putting your ideas together, whether the ideas fit well or not. :P
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:there is the "How do I" thread for coding issues you have. Blue shadow, The Mighty Herracross, Bad Hustlex, Amv2k9, and Edward 850 have the most knowledge on this stuff in my opinion. They could help you on some issues your having. Wild Weasel also made a website called GunLabs for weapon making tutorials.
I will be sure to contact them (hopefully without interfereing with any of their own work) if need be. Thank you!
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

SidDoyle wrote:Maybe this has been suggested before, and I'm certainly not the one to do it, but there's something I'd really love to see done: Death animations with full rotations for all the Doom/Doom 2 monsters.

I don't care if it's a smooth animation or if there are alternative animations, I just want to be able to see zombiemen fall back towards me, or slightly to the right, or to the left in profile. I want to be able to tell which direction the fight was going by looking at a room full of meaningfully oriented corpses after a big battle.

It's the next best thing to ragdolls I suppose, having oriented deaths. Maybe even with falling frames for long drops, but whatever. If I was a spriter, I'd be tempted to take this up myself. Meh.
What I'd love to see is 9-G rotations for all of the monsters. Distant pipe-dream, though.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

So I guess I've kinda come into this niche where I make mods centering around a specific set of cliche enemies and theme a pack of weapons around them. I've already done two "acceptable targets": Nazis and Terrorists. What's next? Weasel Presents: Aliens. No, not the Fox property. I'd basically find a decent set of sprites of alien monsters, commandos, lizardmen, etc., and it'd be a sort of pseudo-sequel to Batteries Still Not Included, so there's only energy weapons, including the melee weapons.

It's not likely to happen very soon, unless I mysteriously happen upon a really, really good set of enemy sprites for it.
Big C

Post by Big C »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. plus DooM.

I imagine it'd play a lot like Hideous Destructor, but with scavenging mechanics and also the possibility of starving/thirsting to death. :P Plus persistent radiation damage.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

That's actually kind of a goal I'm wanting to work toward. I love the Metro series, which are kind of spiritual sequels to S.T.A.L.K.E.R, and I think something along those lines would be awesome. It's partially why I'm working on my "Tranquility" mod, because I think solid/realistic gun mechanics are important to something like that.

8-)
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Alucard from Hellsing as a monster, is my suggestion.

27:00

30:47

In my opinion, his pistol attacks and the bloodhounds after the 31st minute called using A_JumpIfHealthLower will do.
noonecares

Post by noonecares »

undead003 wrote:Alucard from Hellsing as a monster, is my suggestion.
Or the cassul/jackal (dual wield??) as a weapon?
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

You can get the hellsing gun in Doom RL Arsenal.
Kostov

Post by Kostov »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:You can get the hellsing gun in Doom RL Arsenal.
oh great

While that's covered, we're yet to see Alucard ingame. :P
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

Imagine if the NDS game Alien Infestation was a FPS game. I wonder so... Here's the game for reference:
Stormblade

Post by Stormblade »

An idea I have for an mod...

Well, has anyone ever thought of combining Evil Dead with Aliens?

Or maybe, just updating the Evil Dead mod?

I mean it's totally missing the Axe and the scene from Evil Dead 2 when Ash hacks up a Deadite with an Axe and all of that stuff.

You know?

Also, I wish Aliens and Evil Dead would crossover not only as a movie franchise, but also video game wise.

*sighs* One can dream right? :3
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Australien (Since a lot of ZDoom modders seem to be from there.)

Space aliens have invaded Earth. Oh no! They've morphed humans into cyborgs, creating an army of slaves to do their bidding. Humanity seems to be doomed. But wait, the alien scumbags forgot all about Australia for some reason.
The world needs a hero and only Australia can provide one.

Simple story with Earth being the playing field. Invade countries, rid our planet of the alien menace and spew out enough Australian one-liners to drown out the gurgling of dying cyborgs and alien freaks.

Mmmm. Tasty.
Mr.Pencil

Post by Mr.Pencil »

F.E.A.R. mod for doom...
Spoiler:
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Shouldn't this go in the WIP Thread?

By the way, welcome to the ZDooM Forums.

Return to “General”