ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
DoomKrakken

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by DoomKrakken »

Probably didn't notice, then.

Still, GZDoom is superior to Zandronum in pretty much every way that matters.
BFG

Post by BFG »

I'd like to see the Zombies Ate My Neighbors game remade exactly in Doom, including the inventory and camera that follows you wherever you go, think this would be possible?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Got two more ideas to throw into the mix...

FIRST IDEA
A map mod like the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (a game that I discovered, like, two minutes ago, I kid you not).
Spoiler: It should include most of this stuff. There can be a couple of things listed here that the mod could probably do without...
SECOND IDEA
A 32-level community megawad. Only parameters... it must fit the music and the theme(s) I give for each map (although, no monster/texture replacers... it'd be cool if this mappack could be run with texture packs like the Hi-Res Texture Pack for Doom, without it interfering with gameplay). Custom textures/sounds/monsters are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED (such as those that can be found in ZPack, Sapphire, Sunlust, Sunder, Back To Saturn X, Winter's Fury, Stronghold: On The Edge Of Chaos, and so forth). The music provided for each map will be the music that plays for each map. I think this would be very doable, but only if there are mappers out there who are interested in participating. I would, more than anything, want to contribute to this, but I can't map to save my ass. The only benefit from this would be to create yet another epic mappack for Doom, with kickass music.
Echelon5

Post by Echelon5 »

I'd like to do something inspired by the original System Shock. Player trapped on a ship/space station filled with cyborgs, robots, and mutants. Lots of different inventory items to use, cybernetic upgrades that unlock new areas akin to Super Metroid.
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

id like to see a megawad that acted as a sequel to the original doom games in wich doomguy goes back to hell to get daisy back, but daisy who is now a demon is the final boss
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Wouldn't it be weird if Doom Guy just thought "hey, I should go to hell to get daisy, even though I seen her severed head"?

Bunny demons? I'm in.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

raymoohawk wrote:id like to see a megawad that acted as a sequel to the original doom games in wich doomguy goes back to hell to get daisy back, but daisy who is now a demon is the final boss
Me and Captain J got you covered on the Daisy part. :P Obviously it's a BossBrain sprite (one of two).
Attachments
Doooooomguuyyyy. Y U NO SAVE MAH BRUH?!
Doooooomguuyyyy. Y U NO SAVE MAH BRUH?!
BBRNA0.png (2.05 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

Anyone know of an HUD that looks very similar to Descent 3's HUD? Because it would be nice if we had an HUD that looked just like Descent 3's HUD, but in Doom.
Attachments
download (3).jpg
download (3).jpg (8.14 KiB) Viewed 1350 times
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I should do a spriteset for Hideous Destructor that replaces the babuins with small fluffy white rabbits.

It would come with a mod that greatly increases their damage and makes them susceptible only to damage from one particular type of grenade.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Screw the HUD (jk)... somebody PLEASE make a map that looks like the one in the screenshot!

Here's another idea... how about a map that's a cityscape with super tall sky-scrapers, and "destructible" textures (see SgtMkIV's Tanks and Copters demo)? It'd be a replacement for MAP30, and the Ultimate Final Boss (another project by SgtMkIV) would now have sprite rotations and can walk around! Add an assload of monsters, weapons, items, and ammo, and you're good to go!

One more thing... it'd be epic if you could enter the sky scrapers, at least to certain floors. I'd want this map to have an "Avengers I final battle" feel to it.
Last edited by DoomKrakken on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i've had this idea recently of adapting Shadow the Hedgehog's gameplay elements to a Zdoom mod. yes, it's that game.

you'd start out with a pistol and possibly a SMG, with the option to start out with alien weapons if you want.
as in the game, you'd only lose 10 rings with each hit, also granting you post-hit invincibility, so enemies would react faster as a result. everything would be projectiles to accommodate this fast-paced action.

enemies would come in human and alien variants, the purpose of that being so you can build up power for both your good and evil Chaos meter. humans would have faster reaction times and shoot you quicker, but they'd be weaker than aliens, which would be slower to attack but more brute-ish and powerful.

the mod would probably have a ton of guns, because there's both alien and human guns in the game, so you'd have a gun cap of maybe 6 guns. maybe less if there'd be risk of being too powerful/inventory bloating. human guns would have larger capacity, while alien guns would be stronger.
you'd be able to homing attack and do all kinds of crazy physical moves ala Sonic 06, except it'd actually work reliably here. it would probably be limited to filling up a Chaos gauge fully, so it wouldn't be overpowered.

filling up a Chaos gauge wouldn't automatically use the power, instead you'd be able to unleash it at will. when it does, it'd steadily drain, and you'd be able to teleport and hit enemies in succession, dealing higher damage than usual. you can also use Chaos Control and Chaos Blast, the former slowing down everything except you and your attacks, and the latter highly damaging everything around you. also, using a Chaos gauge would automatically empty the other one, so you wouldn't be able to do a one-two punch and instead choose which power is strategically more viable.

Chaos Emeralds will have a rare, random chance to spawn in weapon spawners. only one should be able to spawn per level, and the chance of seeing one would be very seldom. getting an Emerald would give you successively more power, probably relating to damage resistance, increase of power, increase of guns firerate, magazine capacity, and more. getting all 7 would naturally allow you to go Super. this form would make you invincible and never take damage, and you'd be able to use powerful Chaos abilities to annihilate enemies. not sure how you would balance that out, other than the fact that getting all 7 of them would be an incredibly rare event requiring extraordinary amounts of luck. going Super would also play All Hail Shadow or I Am (All of Me), naturally. probably be an option to choose which track to play.

music would be taken/MIDIfied from the game. there should be roughly enough tracks to have a full Doom 2 OST replacement, if not then take some Shadow-related tracks from other Sonic games.

i guess i am Sonic trash for taking so much time to think about how this would all work but whatever. :v
BFG

Post by BFG »

Witchaven remade in ZDoom. XP, Spell system & actors all could be done, it's only the maps people don't like the level design or know them well enough to re-create them. I think it would be the easiest Build game to demake into Doom engine and fun as Hell on coop, it would also fix the bugs and make the game less clunky and more fun to play.
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

I have an idea that I have started working on, but couldn't handle by myself. It's a GZDoom remake of TNT: Evilution similar to KDiZD, except it implements major story elements into the game. Like Doom 3, you start out in the UAC base before the invasion occurs. You can talk to people like in strife too. Eventually, the hell warship shows up and you start by killing zombies of the people you were able to talk to.

I have gathered and created a decent amount of resources, and have begun drafting MAP01, System Control. I can't create a thread asking for help because I don't have any real proof that this project exists, so this is me asking for volunteer mappers and spriters.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Seidolon wrote:I have an idea that I have started working on, but couldn't handle by myself. It's a GZDoom remake of TNT: Evilution similar to KDiZD, except it implements major story elements into the game. Like Doom 3, you start out in the UAC base before the invasion occurs. You can talk to people like in strife too. Eventually, the hell warship shows up and you start by killing zombies of the people you were able to talk to.

I have gathered and created a decent amount of resources, and have begun drafting MAP01, System Control. I can't create a thread asking for help because I don't have any real proof that this project exists, so this is me asking for volunteer mappers and spriters.
I'm not a huge fan of TNT, but expect a PM and a Dropbox link from me within the coming week about this.
eyesoftheworld94

Post by eyesoftheworld94 »

First post here... but i was wondering and couldn't find a thread (sorry again! First time on the forums.) but here's what i was wondering:

s it possible to make a NAZI ZOMBIES version of Doom ? i.e. with:
Rounds of Zombies that are spawned - stopped, and then spawned again for the next round?
A Mystery Box for buying weapons (and possibly upgrading them) ?
A money/points system to purchase said guns?

I saw something like this on moddb and YouTube... although it wasn't the same. I'm talking a complete replication, or maybe a custom/expansion of the maps from World At War, with HD Doom Skins, et al... let me know what people think.

I was also told to contact a member on this board "Kinsie" regarding something like this and was told he?/ she? would be able to help me out, or atleast something that that person would be able to work on/ suggestions etc....

Let me know what you all think.

Return to “General”