ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Enjay

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by Enjay »

At least those are typical modern society images of greed. However, you could take a more traditional/religious slant on it...
Wikipedia wrote:Greed (Latin, avaritia), also known as avarice, cupidity or covetousness, is, like lust and gluttony, a sin of excess. However, greed (as seen by the church) is applied to a very excessive or rapacious desire and pursuit of material possessions. Thomas Aquinas wrote, "Greed is a sin against God, just as all mortal sins, in as much as man condemns things eternal for the sake of temporal things." In Dante's Purgatory, the penitents were bound and laid face down on the ground for having concentrated too much on earthly thoughts. Scavenging and hoarding of materials or objects, theft and robbery, especially by means of violence, trickery, or manipulation of authority are all actions that may be inspired by Greed. Such misdeeds can include simony, where one attempts to purchase or sell sacraments, including Holy Orders and, therefore, positions of authority in the Church hierarchy.
Or perhaps something more inspired by a creature obsessed with wealth and valuable items...

I suppose this guy is more associated with meanness but greed is probably the cause...

XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Some tattered dragon attached to tank treads or something in a way that it drags its face along the ground when it moves seems like it has potential.

Especially if it leaves a trail of blood behind.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Characterizing lust as exclusively sexual. Classic!

(It's actually more akin to greed, envy, and gluttony. On that note, the "seven deadly sins" are not so discrete as typically portrayed, they're more simply facets of pride.)
SAraisXenoQueen

Post by SAraisXenoQueen »

Well, we still want to go with the sins at their base level and typical depiction of them...
XutaWoo wrote:Some tattered dragon attached to tank treads or something in a way that it drags its face along the ground when it moves seems like it has potential.

Especially if it leaves a trail of blood behind.
I do like this idea. Hopefully we see this as a monster soon.

I also had an idea for a large-scale mod for DOOM. It'd play something like planetside (Not planetside 2, I don't know how many times i've had to stress this to people)
ArchXeno

Post by ArchXeno »

I'm actually attempting to make this now, but I'll put it here because why not.

CONFLICTED WIZARD

Only one weapon, Spellcasting hand. 9 attacks separated into three categories. From there, they are randomized

No Charge
1. Magic Missile
2. Frost Shards
3. Fire Ball

Altfire Charge 1(Activated by getting Chaingun or SSg replacement)
1. Magic Missile Spiral
2. Frost Wave
3. Explosive Fireball

Altfire Charge 2(Pickup RL or Plasma rifle)
1. Magic Missile Bouncing Rippers
2. Frost Monolith
3. Cluster Explosion Fireball

Custom key (or zoom) to deflect projectiles, A_Blast (+DON’TBLAST to all enemies). Will have 10 second cooldown, or use custom ammo that regenerates every 10 seconds. Yea, that sounds possible

BFG adds chance to replace deflector with time freeze for 5 seconds.

Hopefully no ACS needed, I haven’t learned that yet.
Last edited by ArchXeno on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SoloSpaghetti

Post by SoloSpaghetti »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpvzh1zr44kmc ... 150937.jpg
A concept for a Rail Gun... Today I was to bored to study... Hope it could be of some inspiration to someone. :)
WARCHILD_89
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

Dead Island + Doom = Doomed Island
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Terminus got a question on tumblr talking about the alternate universe established in Wolfenstein: The New Order, which lead to me and him putting together this idea:

"In 2045, 100 years after the victory of the axis in World war 2, the EAC (Unfehlbar Flugroute Gesellschaft / Infallible Airspace Corporation) is working on teleportation experiments. In this universe there is an Evil Doomguy, who killed his commanding officer for refusing orders to fire on innocents and earning the nickname Totenmann. As a reward for this show of strength, he is promoted to Head of Security for the EAC on Mars. The EAC is trying to create a portal to hell, but is unable to for some unknown reason until Totenmann comes along. He becomes a test subject himself to prove he is a tough guy, and enters the portal only to find himself face to face with the Icon of Sin. He strikes a deal, merging with the colossal demon and proceeds to lead the armies of hell back through the portal. With the forces of hell and the future axis working together, interdimensional teleportation is perfected, and the EAC opens a portal to a new universe. This dimension is the one we know from Doom. Doomguy is called back again for one last mission, he stops the Unholy Axis from entering and wreaking havoc on earth, then fights his way through Phobos and Deimos to destroy the Unholy Axis' teleportation equipment. When the good Doomguy reaches hell, he fights in a one on one duel with his Evil counterpart. Only after the Evil Doomguy is killed is the true plans of the Unholy Axis revealed. They are constructing a time machine to go back and rule over all time. Doomguy uses this time machine to return to world war 2, where he teams up with BJ to stop the Nazis from ever winning."

It would be a really massive project, but I think it would be a cool idea.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

So it's sort of a reverse Mortyr? Cool.
ArchXeno

Post by ArchXeno »

Could I get some feedback on the conflicted wizard idea? I'm coding it now, but It doesn't seem very fun.
Last edited by ArchXeno on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Make a thread with the project inside and we'll be happy to give feedback. Right now, I wouldn't know what's unfun about the project because there are many reasons a project can lose its shine.
-something isn't executed well enough. Maybe a sound or an attack doesn't feel powerful enough even though it is.
-there's a bad concept inside. Maybe as an example, the ammo choice isn't really well suited for the attacks.
I won't really know until I took a look at how it's progressing myself.
Arthropleura

Post by Arthropleura »

I'd like to see DR. Crushcaps great war project finished http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... &hilit=WW1 but I dont know a thing about mapping or coding
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Terminus got a question on tumblr talking about the alternate universe established in Wolfenstein: The New Order, which lead to me and him putting together this idea:

"In 2045, 100 years after the victory of the axis in World war 2, the EAC (Unfehlbar Flugroute Gesellschaft / Infallible Airspace Corporation) is working on teleportation experiments. In this universe there is an Evil Doomguy, who killed his commanding officer for refusing orders to fire on innocents and earning the nickname Totenmann. As a reward for this show of strength, he is promoted to Head of Security for the EAC on Mars. The EAC is trying to create a portal to hell, but is unable to for some unknown reason until Totenmann comes along. He becomes a test subject himself to prove he is a tough guy, and enters the portal only to find himself face to face with the Icon of Sin. He strikes a deal, merging with the colossal demon and proceeds to lead the armies of hell back through the portal. With the forces of hell and the future axis working together, interdimensional teleportation is perfected, and the EAC opens a portal to a new universe. This dimension is the one we know from Doom. Doomguy is called back again for one last mission, he stops the Unholy Axis from entering and wreaking havoc on earth, then fights his way through Phobos and Deimos to destroy the Unholy Axis' teleportation equipment. When the good Doomguy reaches hell, he fights in a one on one duel with his Evil counterpart. Only after the Evil Doomguy is killed is the true plans of the Unholy Axis revealed. They are constructing a time machine to go back and rule over all time. Doomguy uses this time machine to return to world war 2, where he teams up with BJ to stop the Nazis from ever winning."

It would be a really massive project, but I think it would be a cool idea.
That sounds completely amazing.
Obviously, there would have to be an army of Mecha Hitler clones, and the final boss would have to be Evil Doomguy and the Icon of Sin combining with Doomverse Mecha Hitler and Naziverse Hitler's Brain-in-a-Jar-in-a-Robot to make some kind of Nazi Demon Megazord.
Would totally need a scene about halfway through where the Doomverse demons are sick of being subjugated by the Naziverse demons and rebel against them, and then the next few levels feature massive demon vs demon battles, leading up to a boss fight against the Nazi Uberdemon while both demon armies are warring all around you. And then you can enter Evil Doomguy's Nazi Techno-HellCastle(tm) for the fake final boss fight (of course, after you beat him, he escapes into the past to rendezvous with both Hitlers).
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

needs moar cyber-cyber-cyberdemon

Also, non-sexual Lust IoS form: small, unassuming, badly drawn, no-angled-sprites 1000-hp bastard with a weak version of the zombieman hitscan attack with really shitty and annoying pain and death states, but summons zillions of really cool-looking, well animated but utterly harmless demons that have these amazingly satisfying death animations with dozens of amusing fatalities and super ultra-gore and dismemberment, evisceration, screamy burny deaths and machine-gun-meat-sponge-ification - and drop lots of random kinds of ammo. The idea is that the player gets so distracted killing these mooks that the actual boss eventually slowly whittles away their hitpoints before they realize what's going on.

Someone get Sergeant_Mark_IV on the line.
NeganBanny

Post by NeganBanny »

Basically a DOOM II remake without the whole UAC concept. It's hell on earth of course, and you watch the world transform in the hands of the great Satan himself. The demons evolve and grow stronger as time passes. The first stage (or chapter I guess) the demons are pale weak feral and cave man-like and cant speak very well so growling and howling and biting and scratching and crawling around is what they do best for now. There will be some psychopaths and possessed people too. Then the second stage they are more human-Esq and can walk and finally are capable of using a gun and stole some clothes off corpses and victims. The third stage you come back from Hell and what felt like 6 hours turns out to be six years on earth. The army of Satan has risen and earth is in their grasp. You kill a demon troop get em' wounded they'd get shipped off to Satan's tower and fixed up at the medical facilities where they are turned into cyborg demons and where the arachnotron is introduced.

Now here's how earth changes. Suddenly the sun never comes back up. It's night time for a long long time. You go to Hell. Come back up and the sky is blood red from so many deaths and pollution as-well as mists of blood.You see living growths on buildings which you can kill. Most have eyes that watch your every move. Industrial noises can be heard yet no machinery is seen.

This is the story I guess. You are Dan Matthews a self retired troop of the British army. You here the screams of your wife who's been dead from a car wreck for years. You shake off the fear and try to sleep again. The door of your room opens. It's her. Or is it? She has been transformed in a demon with a large cranium,hairless, grey skin and black eyes. She smiles with all the scars on her face and asks if she can come in. You cry in pity and grab your 44. snub nose revolver and blast her in the gut. She jumps at first but seems no effect on her. She walks back out the door laughing maniacally. You go after her. To finish the job? No matter you call the police. Maybe you were hallucinating. A feral demon slowly crawls toward you from the corner of the room. You grab the phone and go for the closet. It bangs on the door. the police are almost there. You have no idea whats going on. You can't wake up. You here the monster say "I love you" then gunshots and screams are heard. You get out of the closet and see the officer is wounded badly and the demon is dead. You help the cop and drive off to the city. A bad idea.
:blergh:
Meh. Kind of the beginning of the first chapter. All I can say is meh. I have some good demon concepts though.
Spoiler:
Arachnotron with duel shotguns
Spoiler:
Spiderdemon with 2 normal sized chainguns rather than a giant over kill chaingun
Spoiler:
Phase 1
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Return to “General”