ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Gez

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by Gez »

kodi wrote:A surreal graphics replacement where everything is replaced by bad mid 90's clip-art.
There you go

Well, it's not really a replacement, more a self-contained mod.
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

I'm thinking about doing a terminator mod somewhere down the line. Probably wouldn't be for a very long time.
Graaicko
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Graaicko »

I'm starting to create sprites and sounds for a mod Id like to put together. cant figure a name for it yet :P

This is just my story and pretty much my introduction for it.
Its pretty much like a counter-terrorist mod, kill the bad guys and save the day.
My Story Idea for the future Doom Mod.:
2019 July 8th. California, Week after Independence day.
As the hot California sun slowly moves down the horizon, large dark cargo planes fly over the beaches of California at a questionable low elevation. The locals couldn't tell what symbols were painted over the aircraft's dark grey hull as they were shooting through the air like bullet trains. Concerned civilians were reporting and describing these suspicious aircraft's to the local police but the planes have already made their way to past the Los Angeles district.

NORAD was contacted and were given intel about the planes, using there Eye-In-The-Sky technologies. NORAD could quickly search and track all the planes movements. Hours later the plane looked like its key destination is a large farm located minutes away from Yucca Valley called the Umorex. As the planes were hovering forward over the valley, the jump ramps opened and paratroopers, light armored vehicles and supplies were being dropped all across the valley. The USA was being invaded by an unknown threat. As NORAD quickly responded. Colonel Austin Westelbron and his Counter-Terrorist unit was notified. He immediately took control of the Situation as it is escalating as the armed soldiers that landed were mobilizing towards the nine acre farm.

You play as Sgt. Jerrod MacLean, a Navy Seal that served 4 years so far.
Col. Westelbron cantacts you. We have a situation in Yaccu Valley...

You will be able to use various real weapons and start off in a valley then make your way through secret underground foundations and laboratories and more. And take on a variety of enemies including LAV's, different soldiers and the mastermind of this obscene attack, But can you handle this quest to save America and its governments secrets before someone else compromises them or even worse, take them?

lol just my idea for a mod I would like to create in the future. It might not even be done for at least a few of years so don't get too excited.
Last edited by Graaicko on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Can't remember if this has been posted before but... a Shadowrun TC in ZDoom would be super sweet! The core gameplay mechanics would essentially be Strife-like, meaning hub-based levels and lots of NPC dialog and RPG-like character-building elements. A setting similar to the SNES version of Shadowrun would be ideal (so Seattle maybe?). You would also be able to hack into computers and jump into the Matrix. Every other element from SR would be present too; magic, fetishes, shamans, elves and orcs... and of course Shadowrunners that you can hire (would use the companion SDK someone posted here a while ago). Plus points if the music would actually sound like it was done in the early 90's!
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Running on the idea of Terrorists!, I'd like to see another nice, level-up-ariffic vigilante mod.

Guns!
A derringer, a handgun, a bigger handgun, a machine pistol, shotguns, an smg, assault rifles, marksman rifles, IEDs (crrrraftables?), a grenade launcher (frag, explode-on-impact HE, incapacitating smoke...), molotov freakin' cocktails... the works!

The idea of a disgruntled ex-cop busting down doors and releasing hell is just too appealing to let slip away. "They kill kids! Jesus K. Rist! That don't fly with me, god damn it!"
Don your gangster coat, leather jacket or whatever. Hell, get coked up if you have to! The perps seem to be more effective on it so why shouldn't you be? The line's been erased. You gotta do all you can to wipe those smug, murdering bastards off the face of Earth* before they taint the world beyond recognition. You've sold your soul and body in order to protect whatever good is left in the world. No one gets out alive, or alone. You'll see to that yourself.

A mean ol' Max Payne looking guy, getting down to business. Painkillers, uppers, downers... just don't overdo it or you'll feel your ticker explode one millisecond at a time. Bullet-time, sure thing! Crouch (or possibly DIVE) away from incoming bullets. They may be fast but you're aiming to be faster. The fastest, the most efficient. Or, strap all the body armor you can find to your most vital part and slowly waltz in with a belt-feeding machine gun. Balance armor vs. speed. Armor vs. carrying capacity (vests and backpacks get heavy, yo) Drugs vs. vitality. A lethal job. If you won't do it, who will? Prepare for... DUN DUN DUNNNN

Damn-Nation!!

Oh, and it would be nice to balance the bigger guns by going for what Max Payne 3 was aiming to do at one point. (Feels like they pretty much forgot about it, or maybe they felt it was bad for gameplay.) Takes time to swing a big rifle around... if readied. Hmm...
Last edited by Slax on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graaicko
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Graaicko »

thats what I plan on going with on my mod, Im still trying to come up with a name with it tho. There would be a magnum, akimbo pistols, ar's, smg;s shotguns, rpg,s gls, a minigun and so many more. lol
I wish there were 'terrorist take over' mods for doom.
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

Your wish is my command (sort of [it's more of the religious guerrilla warfare type]). Fight de imperial infidels, lol
However, I think I'm reading the posts wrong (too much political correcto).
kodi

Post by kodi »

A feature idea rather than a project idea: Using very long 3 pixels or so wide lines with SetHudClipRect in HudMessages to create a primitive in-game linedrawing function. It'd be usable with a script I'm working on that generates screen coordinates for objects in the game world. If the width and height data of the actor was incorporated in the script and scaled with distance, it'd be possible to draw an exact "hitbox" around any object. I reckon it'd be useful for mods with RPG mechanics.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

And thus kodi saves this page of the thread from mindnumbing blandness.

Meanwhile, while trying to access this forum I typo'd "zdoom" and got "zodom".

Now I want to do some kind of mod involving the title "120 Days in ZDoom".
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Make a map a day abusing ZDoom feature like nobody's business? :P
The_Funktasm

Post by The_Funktasm »

Vaecrius wrote:And thus kodi saves this page of the thread from mindnumbing blandness.

Meanwhile, while trying to access this forum I typo'd "zdoom" and got "zodom".

Now I want to do some kind of mod involving the title "120 Days in ZDoom".
'
That's not exactly fair. Just because the ideas don't suit you doesn't mean they're dragging the thread down. In fact if I may be so bold, everyone's ideas are bland here. Just bland in different ways.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Nash wrote:After seeing this pic, I immediately thought of writing an ACS-based text blitter function so that you can output untranslated text with proper alpha. Should be useful for those HUD mods whose visuals had to be compromised because their fonts are being palette-forced.
Hey, this idea wasn't bland! It's very technical and would involve a lot of headache-inducing ACS! :P
Kontra Kommando

Sometime down the line I want to create a Jaws game. However, I feel that such a large monster would like kind of funny, in a 2.5 D game where you must swim up and under it. Therefore, I was considering making a Voxel Bruce the Shark for my Jaws game.

Can anyone suggest a good program to use, to create this giant voxel shark?
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Find an MD2 model of the shark, convert it with POLY2VOX (export to .vox with SLAB6 if necessary), and final edit with MagicaVoxel.

8-)
Kontra Kommando

Caligari_87 wrote:Find an MD2 model of the shark, convert it with POLY2VOX (export to .vox with SLAB6 if necessary), and final edit with MagicaVoxel.

8-)
Thanks man, who knows, maybe I could even create some voxel xenomorphs.

Return to “General”