ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Carbine Dioxide

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Just weapon ideas really:

Eriance's demon sword, that has a light attack and a heavy attack. It could split apart, giving you two blades to slash with.

Normal Doom shotgun, only you can melee with it. Picking up a second one grants dual wielding, and it could be transformed into a double barrel pump action shotgun by combining the two.

I've been playing a lot of Bloodborne lately. :P
Bodhisattva
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Bodhisattva »

Are there any mods that add "damage numbers" popping out when you deal damage to an enemy? I know, it's kind of a stupid idea, and Kyle873's Doom RPG Mod already has this feature built in, but it would be great to have it as a separate addon to use with other mods.
Voltcom9

Post by Voltcom9 »

I've been wanting to create / or take part in creating a Wolfendoom Community Episode for quite some time. As much as I enjoy creating maps, I do not have the fortitude to create all of them on my own and it's really cool to see what other people come up with. Anyways, I had a neat idea of having like 7 people create maps using mostly the Wolf3d textures along with custom textures or whatever. As long as it appears like a Wolf3d type castle.

The idea would be that the player clears the castle and has to walk back out. But on walking back out they have to complete the 7 maps quite differently. The 7 returning maps could be edited by either their creators or by different people and would be fully repopulated and appear like the original maps but have different routes present or things like alarms going off etc. Anyways, just an idea that I came up with on a whim. As I said, I think this would be neat but not sure if I'd be able to run a CP at this point in time.
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

I just had this idea: a PWAD that causes monsters to start roaming as soon as you move, but the roaming should be calm until they detect you. That would make things more interesting and give the impression that the monsters aren't dumb.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

That sounds nice, it also sounds like it might help in some form or another with people trying to put a stealth mechanic into their mod. Dash and roll around when they look your way, then when they turn their backs, BAM!
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Brutal Doom pretty much has 90 percent of that mechanic. Probably needs a few tweaks to match that idea completely...
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

DoomKrakken wrote:Brutal Doom pretty much has 90 percent of that mechanic. Probably needs a few tweaks to match that idea completely...
I don't think so, no. Not after I saw BZ stealthily kill 4 imps in one room using the shotgun without theme even moving.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

The 90 percent comes from them being able to roam calmly, trying to look for you. Using a Thing_Hate action should do the rest, I would think.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

After seeing a certain project that has an ice cream truck and playing Sgt.MarkIV's vehicle mod, I think it creating a Twisted Metal mod wouldn't be far out.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Would still love to do a Ghoul School mod, keeping truer to the creator's original vision. Was toying around with it the other day.

Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

First look... that picture looks like there are a bunch of bodies intertwined with each other. Spooky... :D

It'd make a nice concept for some kind of hellhole...
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Sprite set that replaces the spheres with :3: :mrgreen: and :shock:

(dunno what to do for blursphere though... :ninja: ?)
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Recently got an idea to possibly do some sort of Single Player mod in the vein of Afraid of Monsters/Doom 3/FEAR with being alone in the dark and fighting various creatures such as Zombies, Various Abominations and even Ghouls at one point, Really just a huge loveletter to Horror Games/Mods I played and enjoyed. You'd get an arsenal of various weapons you can find along your journey and scavenge abandoned areas for supplies/ammo or food/medkits to heal yourself. The locations would be various mainly starting from a hospital to possibly some hellish realm but of course, everything on earth is pitch black and abandoned ((All the player would have is a flashlight.)) to go with the plot of this being a hallucination of the player, And there's only one way to end the nightmare.
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

Remakes of the mobile Doom RPGs.

Return to “General”