ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
EnderTheKnight

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by EnderTheKnight »

If anybody knows that one old game for the Nokia (Now available on Android!) called Speedfest... I wanted to see if there was maps like it, and actual powerups. 5 lives, and lose health by hitting the walls, and crashing and burning if crashing head on. I was playing the game once the question struck me "Is Speedfest just using some sort of raycast?" So yeah... I thought about it, and it seems like it could create a good DOOM mod. Go as fast as you can in changing levels, avoid walls, get speed ups and time warps, and watch where you are going. Simplified: Make levels that have invisible ceilings, and have walls and floor, but no upper or lower levels. Have obstacles at your leisure. You always go forward, and Armor value counts your lives. 5 armor is 1 life. HP counts your speed. Max: 500 Speed. (could be pretty broken with RO's "no HP limit") Speed powerups raise 30 health. Time Powerups... would remove 2 seconds off the clock, but not actually count the clock DOWN. Instead, it removes how many seconds you got at the end of the level. I wouldn't know how that would work.

TL;DR: Just make something similar to Speedfest.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

How about a gun based weapons mod for Hexen that actually changes the ammo to bullets instead of having a normal gun that somehow uses magic to create bullets.

Two ammo types:

Pellets for small guns
Shells for big guns

Guns that use multiple pellets are shotguns. Guns that use shells are high caliber rifles and missile launchers. Guns that use both pellets and shells are the BFG sized guns.

The fighter will use guns, but their projectiles will be very short range. Maybe they'll go through enemies as well. He will still start with a melee weapon.

The cleric will start with a melee weapon that shoots a projectile.

Maybe some new enemies could be a thing too.
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

BigBox141 wrote: The Plasma Rifle spawn will consist of:
- Plasma Shotgun's
- Plasmatic Rocket-Launchers ( that's right. Plasmatic Rocket-Launchers )
Plasma Shotgun and the Plasma Rocket Launcher?

Are you took weapon ideas from Yholl's DoomRLA mod?
BFG

Post by BFG »

more Duke 3D maps ported into Doom, mostly the city maps. I think the reason it hasn't been done is because of the many sourceports for Duke out there ("why not just play Duke?"), but that's not the point, the point is it would be really fun to play some of those maps with doom assets instead, especially the bigger crazier maps. and it would be fun to see what hacky tricks people use to try and replicate the BUILD specific effects. There have been so many remakes of E1L1 but not the others, I would have thought maps like E1L2 and E3L4 would have been attempted.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

A mash-up mini-mod featuring monsters and stuff from skillsaw's mapsets (Lunatic, Valiant, Ancient Aliens). If I'm ever gonna stop procrastinating.
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

I was thinking it would be interesting to do a mini Magitek Armor mod that replaces DoomGuy with that plus all its abilities (Including Magitek Laser)... Within restrictions:
Metal Kick/Claw would be more like a short charge on the enemy and use ridiculously low energy and cause pitifiul heat increase). All of its other weapons would increase the energy core heat level based on their efficiency (Fire/Ice/Thunder Beam would use little energy and cause little heat, but Banisher would chew energy and greatly increase the heat levels.
Upon entering Critical Heat Levels, the armor locks the weapon as to prevent further heat increase. Heat can be increased from certain damage types.
You will start with Fire/Ice/Thunder Beam and Healing Force (Your ONLY source of Armor Repair), weapon upgrades are found in chests that can be destroyed to reveal either a weapon or (in case you have the weapon already) a Magicite. Magicite shards can be found in place of health/armor/ammo pickups to recover little of the energy.
goanna678

Post by goanna678 »

a mod where you start with a FnP .45 pistol and find modified versions using some doom ammos
then you find more weapons that are not a FnP .45 until you end up getting the bfg9k
it would include custom weapons from other games like cod etc
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I thought Ancient Aliens was AD_79's project...

It'd be nice to have the Doom Marine's new armored hands somewhere in a mod...
Kroc
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Kroc »

"DoomSP" would be a Single-Player focused, completionist doom port:
  • Tracks kills/items/secrets/time for every map + difficulty level
  • Automatically records demos for your best times, lets you compete against your ghost
  • Lots of statistics
goanna678

Post by goanna678 »

a mod where you start with a FP-45 Liberator
and work your way up to the BFG9K
UnTrustable

Post by UnTrustable »

A Doommod of Champions Online
The video shows Doomguy, but the idea of the mod is to have 5 or more superheroes where you can switch between characters each on there
own area... and you do your run... till the end switch.
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

doing a mod based on all mods, it's a surprise. if intrested, pm me for more
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Kroc wrote:"DoomSP" would be a Single-Player focused, completionist doom port:
  • Tracks kills/items/secrets/time for every map + difficulty level
  • Automatically records demos for your best times, lets you compete against your ghost
  • Lots of statistics
My mod, Fragtak, already tracks monster kills. If you want to do the rest, though... Be my guest. although the ghost idea is close to impossible to implement, I'm afraid.
deadwolf

Post by deadwolf »

I have an idea: a TC that turns Doom into space hulk: deathwing! I know space hulk: deathwing hasn't come out yet but seeing a project of similar scope would be nice.

I was thinking that this could be done later, about a few months after the game releases, to gather materials and refernces for the TC. This TC might require unique features to be coded, I'm still thinking about what features exactly.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

I wonder how well(or bad) a Dragon Ball mod would turn like, instead of picking up weapons you have another system in which you learn new techniques or improve what you have, with techniques essentially being weapons, obviously the strongest ones would be high on the keyslots, like Genki Dama on slot 0 or Makankosappo on slot 6~ish, alternatively just enough techniques to replace doom weapons and you obtain them from capsules because why not.

If i get around to doing this then i'll probably make berserk and soulsphere into temporary Kaioken and SSJ respectively :p.

Return to “General”