ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Martix10

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by Martix10 »

What do you guys think about this ?
Spoiler:
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Yikes, my connection's having trouble downloading those massive screenshots. Would you mind rehosting them to an image-hosting service that can automatically create clickable thumbnails, instead?
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

It's a tank.

... That's all I can say, because from those screenshots alone those might as well just be static decorations.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Well, in the third shot, the gun is pointing in a different direction than the second and first so I guess it's either meant to be an enemy or a vehicle? I'm curious as to why it's flat shaded, though, unless maybe going for a retro 3D look.
Martix10

Post by Martix10 »

Yeah it's a tank! And no, they aren't simple static decorations .. they are an enemy. The hull are separated from the turret, so the hull can move while the turret is shoting, but the turret moves with the hull, basicaly that.
It's flat shaded because I used the blender screen to rip thoses sprites :P I didn't render the image .. but the retro effect looks good no ?
Sorry wildweasel about the screens, what hosting service do you suggest ?
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

If you want to get smooth shading; have the model selected, press space, type in smooth, click shade smooth.
GuardStrike

Post by GuardStrike »

Kind of weird that there's a Call of Duty mod for DOOM, but there isn't a Battlefield mod for it.
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

okay i have a good one, wouldnt it be awesome to have a tc inspired by the doom monters tumblr!
GuardStrike

Post by GuardStrike »

raymoohawk wrote:okay i have a good one, wouldnt it be awesome to have a tc inspired by the doom monters tumblr!
Nah. That make DOOM way too cute.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

"Shields and Bulkheads"

Armor is now replaced by shields that absorb 100% damage.

"Shields"
Green Armor is replaced by a 50 shield unit armor.
Blue Armor is replaced by a 100 shield unit armor.
Both can be stacked.

"Bulkheads"

The player gains bulkhead upgrades when they either get 100% kills, items, secrets, or all three. (Up to 4 per map)
The bulkhead upgrades give a 2% permanent protection against either thermic (Fireballs, plasmaballs and Baron/HK scratches) or reactive (bullets, explosives, other scratches). Players can choose which bulkheads they get.
Player can opt to start with four bulkheads in a "Pistol Start" situation. (Perhaps from difficulty level?)
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

I had three terrific ideas to do on my mind since ages of Doom fraggin', but I felt the need to communicate to all of you:

1) A dark themed PWad for Doom II using all new GZDoom features where you'll be dropped inside an Escherian's Dimension, with gravity and weather effects can destroy any sense of direction, even for trained sherpa's;

2) Another dark themed PWad for Doom II using all new GZDoom features extremely inspired to The Crow movie/comics + a Sin City atmosphere (this would be really amazing to do!);

3) A somewhat steampunk themed PWad for Doom II using all new GZDoom features with lots of spilling blood + amazing Joy Division soundtracks-inspired-maps (after writing all this, I went directly to the mental hospital).
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

A banjo-kazooie-mod that is basically this entire jump'n'run on GZDoom. Exactly like BK, from the perspective of Banjo.
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

a good madoka magica tc would be very cool
MolochMekkane

Post by MolochMekkane »

I had an idea for a sort of 'alternate Nightmare!' based on Dante Must Die (Doomguy Must Die, of course) where it starts out pretty much like Ultra-Violence with double (or triple) ammo, with the difference being every normal monster has a countdown appear over their heads, with the timer being based on the monster's relative strength, ie weaker ones have a shorter timer. This countdown begins after they see you, and if you don't kill them before it hits 0 (a pentagram), they enter a 'Berserk' state where they enter Fast Monsters, are instantly healed to triple their normal health and gain some kind of boost, such as Imps hurling Mancubus fireballs, Zombiemen basically becoming SS Troops, and Shotgun Guys gaining the default 7 pellet shotgun attack. The timers go in tiers of 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25. Only Barons have 25, and the boss monsters instead pretty much start out with their berserk state on, having doubled health and some kind of boost as well (Cyberdemon has 8000 HP and shoots 5 rockets) I already have all of the 'Berserk' states in mind, but I think its a bit much to show the list right now. I can only hope it hasn't been done before and It's indeed possible.

The reason I can't do it is I only have so much knowledge of DECORATE and SLADE and such as it is, so actually creating all of that is pretty much out of my league, if it can be done at all.
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

raymoohawk wrote:a good madoka magica tc would be very cool
I had one I was working on at some point but I'm not sure if you'd call it good.

Return to “General”