Psxdoom

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Lemonzest

Post by Lemonzest »

http://shamik.freehomepage.com/main.html
found this one too, linked from newdoom, author says he used psound to extract from CD

dl all 3 links at bottom of page.
Raz

Post by Raz »

Mechadon wrote:Oh wow yea, the PSX Final Doom SSG is 100x better looking than the regular PSX Doom SSG. I'd be ecstatic if someone is able to rip the sprites for it :)
The other frames are the same as the PC shotgun's, but at a lower resolution, and without the extra bits visible that the PC's full screen allows you to view. I reckon it'd look terrible in a PC mod, but if you really think you can find a use for it, I'd be happy to rip.
Nightmare Doom

Post by Nightmare Doom »

Probably we can 'remake' the PSX Final Doom SSG to be more PC compatible (maybe we can replace the top view of the Original PC SSG with the PSX Final Doom SSG but only expand it to fit the bottom view or making entirely new sprite based on the the original PC SSG with the PSX Final Doom SSG on top of it.)
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

My crappy attempt at updating the PSX Final Doom shotty for PC.
Raz

Re: Psxdoom

Post by Raz »

By cutting and pasting the psx shotgun over the PC one, and touching it up a bit, I've come up with this:

Attachments
psxshotgun.wad
(10.49 KiB) Downloaded 568 times
Chris Neilson

Post by Chris Neilson »

Raz wrote:By cutting and pasting the psx shotgun over the PC one, and touching it up a bit, I've come up with this:

Nice SSG from psxdoom. psxshotgun.wad :winker:
unknownna

Post by unknownna »

Nice work there. But was it just the ready state which had the new sprite? Weren't the reload sprites diffrent from the PC version as well?
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Raz wrote:By cutting and pasting
Good ol' cut and paste. :P
Chris Neilson

Post by Chris Neilson »

Update: Psxdoom_beta1.zip on first post.
Nightmare Doom

Post by Nightmare Doom »

Have you ever thought of adding new sounds to the Arch Vile? (since the developers originally planned to have the Arch Vile in the PSX version but they ran out of room space)
Lemonzest

Post by Lemonzest »

Nightmare Doom wrote:Have you ever thought of adding new sounds to the Arch Vile? (since the developers originally planned to have the Arch Vile in the PSX version but they ran out of room space)
why add the new sounds when the stock psxdoom levels dont contain the vile?
Lemonzest

Post by Lemonzest »

was the nade in psx doom? i never remember using it!!!
unknownna

Post by unknownna »

the sprites look "official". Maybe a unused weapon? But I don't recall using it either.
Penguinator

Post by Penguinator »

Lemonzest wrote:was the nade in psx doom?
Nope.
Raz

Post by Raz »

unknownna wrote:Nice work there. But was it just the ready state which had the new sprite? Weren't the reload sprites diffrent from the PC version as well?
I would say no, they seem to be the same as the PC's but at a lower res. Kaiser seems to think they were different, though, as he included all the PS shotgun frames in his console resource pack here: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread. ... post694135
Nightmare Doom wrote:Have you ever thought of adding new sounds to the Arch Vile? (since the developers originally planned to have the Arch Vile in the PSX version but they ran out of room space)
There's a new DSFLAMST in the PS sound wad I've got (PSXSFX.WAD). I dunno if it's legit though. Also: not that different.

I love almost all of the effects from the PS version, except for that really shitty noise they used for the plasma gun. I dunno what they were thinking as the original was excellent.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”