WWHC-Diaz + (NEW!) The VR Missions (help wanted!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

NOTE TO SELF: PLAY MOD BEFORE COMMENTING D:

I take back the comment about cooking off grenades. Given that they explode in less than two seconds and also on impact with a target (EDIT: and that the fragments bounce off walls and floors instead of getting stuck uselessly inside them), there's no need to cook off a frag whatsoever.

As for making the fragments hurt the player, I rather like DoomRater's idea of exploding projectiles.
Last edited by Matt on Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Okay, so that IM yesterday didn't work with shit. (It was concerning making the Mauser's ironsight work without moving it from the center of the screen, though the only way to do that right now is with a different implantation of the iron sights altogether) But I'll get started with the changes for the frags hurting the player.

Also, for power problems, I think what's happened is that all the OTHER weapons are simply too strong. A pistol needn't kill a hell knight in one/two clips, with an automatic doing the EXACT SAME JOB (one/two clips).

Sending a PM...
Cptschrodinger

Post by Cptschrodinger »

I personally think the pistol should have it's clip size reduced a bit rather then weakening it any, I really don't know how to balance the rest though.

Also a random nitpick, in the original version of the wad every weapon would give half a clip. But in this new version the Mp40 and Skorpion still give their old amounts of ammo even though their clip sizes have been reduced.

One final gun nutish nitpick is that I doubt an Mp40 could be re chambered in 5.7 at all (case length is too long.) plus it would actually increase the magazine size rather than decrease it (5.7 has a lower Bullet diameter), and that 50.AE cartridges are rimless and would slide around in a revolver without half moon clips. I don't really know if you care about those last two so disregard them if you want. :P
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Sniper joe wrote:50.AE cartridges are rimless and would slide around in a revolver without half moon clips.
I see not (half-)moon clips. I do see speedloaders, though.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

There's a tiny graphical bug on the second reloading frame of the mauser- The backside ain't aligned.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Sniper joe wrote: Also a random nitpick, in the original version of the wad every weapon would give half a clip. But in this new version the Mp40 and Skorpion still give their old amounts of ammo even though their clip sizes have been reduced.
Noted and fixed.
One final gun nutish nitpick is that I doubt an Mp40 could be re chambered in 5.7 at all (case length is too long.)
Answer: It's not an MP40. It only looks a bit like one. Read the DIAZ-SG lump inside the wad file for more information.
plus it would actually increase the magazine size rather than decrease it (5.7 has a lower Bullet diameter)
It decreases the clip size compared to the SMG37 from the original ww-diaz, which was chambered for a much smaller custom round designed for riot response.
and that 50.AE cartridges are rimless and would slide around in a revolver without half moon clips.
Perhaps the Marteba has special holding pins in the cylinder that clamp down on the round when the cylinder is loaded. I never really thought of that. I mean, the Marteba is supposed to be a really sophisticated weapon.
chronoteeth wrote:There's a tiny graphical bug on the second reloading frame of the mauser- The backside ain't aligned.
Which frame exactly, and how is it not aligned? Can you point it out to me?
Cptschrodinger

Post by Cptschrodinger »

wildweasel wrote: Answer: It's not an MP40. It only looks a bit like one.
Ack! I never noticed the text! well forget that then, but while we're on the subject of MP-40s what other weapons did ww2gi have? I've been looking for an STG44 for a bit now, and I really don't wanna resort to downloading DoD again...
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

MAURJ0- The whole back part is down by one pixel.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Sniper joe wrote:what other weapons did ww2gi have? I've been looking for an STG44 for a bit now, and I really don't wanna resort to downloading DoD again...
An StG44 is not found in the game's resources - all I found in the graphic data are a knife, the Colt 45, a Thompson, a BAR, the MP40, timed bombs, and (I think) a Bazooka/Panzerschreck. Not positive about the bazooka...
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

chronoteeth wrote:MAURJ0- The whole back part is down by one pixel.
Yeah, I caught that. I'll be fixing that up real quick :P Shouldn't take but two seconds.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

You could probably turn the BAR from WW2GI into an StG with some modifications.

Edit:
I decided to extract all of the weapons from WW2GI for the curious. Follow this link to the Doom Armory: WW2GI Weapons.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Well... it doesn't look like anybody has come forward about the custom HUD, so if you give me some time and I'll slap together a sample which uses quickly made but easily replaceable MSPaint graphics.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Thank you very much, Zippy.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Alright, 2 hours of development later, here's a first test (the time of this post and the last not matching closer to 2 hours comes from laundry and testing. MAP01 to MAP09 style testing.)

This is just the health and armor section. As requested, 0-100 is green and 101-200 is fills up over that as blue. As a side note, this setup, as thus, doesn't let the player know whether they have green or blue armor. If you're going to use the classic Doom armor, there should probably be an indicator on the HUD for that as well (maybe where the little armor picture to the left of the armor bar graph is.)

In terms of functionality, this is just a test so it won't work for multiplayer (actually, it very well might. I just didn't try), it can't be toggled on or off, it will be drawn regardless of your screenblocks settings, it ignores the status bar stretching cvar, etc. You're going to have to specify exactly how you want me to make this thing behave with regards to those things. This one will draw the bars right in the lower left corner, conveniently over the normal health and armor display if you bring the screenblocks up to the penultimate value, so you can go ahead and test this by just loading it up right next to your wad.

Also, the graphics are shoddy, but you should be able to replace them easily, and if you needed to move the bars around to the better fit the graphics, you can either ask me or try it yourself, which wouldn't be too hard; it uses defined constants for the bars left and bottom edges for all the drawing, so that should be all that's needed to move them:

Code: Select all

#define BARS_LEFT_X   18.1
#define HBAR_BOT_Y    296.2
#define ABAR_BOT_Y    283.2
It's a simple start, but it will hopefully give you an idea of what I'm doing so you can better recommend how you want things to look/work.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

The HUD should probably have a hotkey toggle that disables the entire thing, because it currently draws over top of the original status bar. I don't know if you were planning that already or not, but this would be a useful feature so people can still stick with the default HUD in case they don't like the new one for some reason.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”