WWHC-Diaz + (NEW!) The VR Missions (help wanted!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

@weasel. Right ok :)

I look foward to seeing this mod completed :D
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Yeah, stuff like that, and being blown back a tiny but by using heavy weapons (RPG for example)
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Complicated? Nah, that's just my inability to comment code. :P

The recoil script in HD is a mess with all its randomizers and calls that make it do nothing remotely resembling recoil. All you really need is this:

Code: Select all

script 553 (int climb, int twist)
{
	int playerpitch = GetActorPitch(0) - climb;
	if (playerpitch > -5780)
	{
		SetActorPitch (0, playerpitch);
	}
	int playerangle = GetActorAngle(0) - twist;
	SetActorAngle (0, playerangle);
}
and DECORATE call:

Code: Select all

GUNG B 1 ACS_ExecuteAlways (553, 0, 280, 45)
The -5780 check is just to make sure the player doesn't end up looking behind them if they don't bother to control the recoil.

The code in HD multiplies the climb and twist values, but that's just because I don't like dealing with triple-digit numbers when calling the script. A total change of about 300 should be enough to throw off someone's aim at medium range and be annoying with rapid-fire weapons at closer range.

You probably already know this, but for the record, negative pitch values go up and negative angle values go right.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Nasty problem when playing with Strife with this mod, is that you can't get the ID Badge from the Red Guard when you kill him, thus trapping you in a dead end unless you use noclip.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

So I'll just have to find some other way to give the player a Skorpion...
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

By the way, which weapons are stealthy? I only know of the Martial Arts one that are.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

The martial arts and any of the pistol-whips count as silent weapons. When I implement the Psi-Amp, it will be a stealthy weapon as well.
Cptschrodinger

Post by Cptschrodinger »

If you don't mind me asking weasel, where did you get that lovely gurgling death sound the revolver troopers sometimes use?

Great work by the way, the K98 is by far my favorite.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

That particular death sound came from Sin, from one of the generic thugs. It was quite a pain getting the sounds extracted from that game - I hate having to download an entire SDK just to extract all the sounds.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I'm not too fond of the shrapnel not hurting the player. I know the way it's made right now will work in multiplayer, and I actually did some work with another shrapnel grenade to make one that works multiplayer AND still hurts the player without boosting its damage too much- I made a small explosion damage on the shrapnel that was actually smaller than the shrapnel itself. That way it's actually more damaging to the player than it is to enemies, but at least it works.
Cptschrodinger

Post by Cptschrodinger »

Now that I play this again I think this is gonna need some serious balancing, the grenades are still far better than the RPG-7 for one. And the Mauser while fun is honestly weaker than the 1911 and the revolver.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I think it would be cool if you could cook your grenades after pulling out the pin rather than throwing them instantly. It would require some inventory trickery and duplicate versions of the grenade that explode after varying amounts of time. I don't think grenades explode after the pin is pulled out unless the spoon hits the primer, but maybe you could punish a player that over cooks his grenade.

I'm sorry if this is a weird idea. I got it while fooling around on MAP30 with the grenades and thinking how funny it would be if you could accidently blow yourself up with one after over cooking it. :D Too bad you can't use Strife's "death arms" code. You could totally use Powerslave's death animations for this.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Sounds like an awesome idea, especially if with a bit of practice you can make the frags explode in midair.
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

Post by Juan "JacKThERiPPeR »

wildweasel wrote:That particular death sound came from Sin, from one of the generic thugs. It was quite a pain getting the sounds extracted from that game - I hate having to download an entire SDK just to extract all the sounds.
Isn't there another way to extract sounds? There's maybe Game File Extractor which I don't know if there's a Sin format but I'm sure that there it is. Just search Google, I tell you because... well... how much space does the SDK fill?

EDIT: And I'm supposing you're downloading it from Steam or something. Isn't it?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

It doesn't matter now because I already have the sounds extracted. And for the record, no, it wasn't from Steam. I actually have a copy of Sin.

If anybody can help figure out a way to fix the grenades to actually hurt the player and other ways to balance the Mauser without overpowering it, I'm all ears.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”