WWHC-Diaz + (NEW!) The VR Missions (help wanted!)

For in-development or completed ZDoom projects
Forum rules
Got a cool project idea but nothing else? This forum is NOT for you! Put it in this thread instead!
Please read the full rules for more details.

WWHC-Diaz + (NEW!) The VR Missions (help wanted!)

Postby wildweasel » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:40 pm

The project: a remake of my "Agent Diaz" weapon mod. I've done some things to it to make things a little bit more unique and fun, adding more differentiation between some of the weapons, removing others entirely, and adding new enemies.

http://armory.drdteam.org/wwmods/inprog ... c-diaz.rar

NOTE. THIS MOD USES CUSTOM STATE LABELS AND SBARINFO, AND THUS REQUIRES ZDOOM 2.2.0 OR GZDOOM 1.1.0.
Last edited by wildweasel on Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
wildweasel
shinier. toastier.

Postby Ryan Cordell » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:11 pm

Would it be too difficult if you went through the Deus Ex method of displaying the inventory? It'd look cool and fit somewhat (keyword on somewhat) on Strife.
Ryan Cordell
Literally did nothing worth noting

Postby Penguinator » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:56 pm

...Whoa. Wild weasel is #1 again in weapon modders category for me. Good job.
By the way, I know it's a beta and all, but I think it would be cool if you could guide your rockets with the RPG via where you are looking(doubt it's possible or worth the effort, just an idea). But who gives a shit what I think, darn good mod you got there. :P
Penguinator
Resurrect

Postby MG_Man » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:25 pm

That could be possible with some ACS hackery, making the rocket guided, and Thing_Hate it to go to your RPGPoint, that would work well! But I'm not sure if Thing_Hate works on seekermissiles.

I think you should ask Cutman.
MG_Man
TarviS

Postby wildweasel » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:57 pm

Not worth the effort, if you ask me. I could make the RPG rocket a seeker missile, but I won't bother hacking around to make it a guided rocket.
wildweasel
shinier. toastier.

Postby chronoteeth » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:41 pm

Very fond of using the iron sights on the rifle, but is it me or does it seem like using it is a tad bit pointless? (Also, it'd be cool to upgrade the bolt rifle to the scoped version)

Another bug is the raising bug, but I think you know that.

Hud idea is cool, very quake-like.
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby wildweasel » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:45 pm

The ironsights allow you to do more damage with the Mauser. Normally it only does half as much damage as it would with ironsights.
wildweasel
shinier. toastier.

Postby chronoteeth » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:46 pm

And i'm sure it's probly more accurate. There 's also a slight bit of jitter with the revolver's alternate attack frames too.
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby Zippy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:08 pm

Hmm... I've wanted to do a custom hud for awhile, but never got around to it. Unfortunately, I'm pretty busy as it is (I think I'm going to slide Metroid Prime 3 to the side for a week just to knock some things off the list of stuff that really needs to be taken care of, which is really saying something.)

If there really isn't anybody else willing, I can try and make the time though.
Zippy
Scathing political commentary!

Postby Vaecrius » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:10 am

Nice! I really like the big rifle and the reloading system finally creates a use for melee altfires... I'd help with the HUD, but given the hackneyed mess that constitutes HD's score I'm probably not the best person to go to for HUDMessage-related things...

Would it be possible to make the ammo mags/clips as usable inventory items thus skipping the all-at-once status bar altogether?
Vaecrius
Team Bad Allocation, blast off at the speed of light!

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Postby hitmanx » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:39 am

This is really good, great work weasel, this is your best yet, love the mauser, although you have a funny way of making it, many different coloured png's.

2 things,

I should be credited for minor sprite edits, (the ones i did to the chopping hand)

And the clip dropping sounds are from mafia not half life/half life 2.

They are my only 2 nitpicks :)
hitmanx
What happened to my face ^

Postby wildweasel » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:47 pm

the credit list in diaz-sg.lmp hasn't been updated yet.
wildweasel
shinier. toastier.

Postby chronoteeth » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:23 pm

Curious, why no use of the additional frames for the Mauser? Also, the kick frames for the powered up melee seem to happen later more than sooner. If it was intended as so, thats cool, but it feels more like a high kick now. Also, another interesting question would be to wonder if you're using authentic kickback?

Anyways, keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see what the other key 5 weapon is (I already know whats key 7s :P)
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby wildweasel » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:31 pm

Authentic kickback? You mean like in Hideous Destructor? I've considered it, but the underlying scripts are so complicated that I'm rather afraid to mess with it for fear that I'll screw something up and be unable to fix it.
wildweasel
shinier. toastier.

Postby Ryan Cordell » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:41 pm

Complicated? Hehe, not exactly. You'll have to figure out the right values to ACS_Execute if you're triggering the recoil script from your weapon, but otherwise, there's nothing you can screw up with it. :P
Ryan Cordell
Literally did nothing worth noting

Next

Return to Projects