Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Amuscaria

Re: Demon Eclipse (WIP) - Grenade Launcher Complete p.225

Post by Amuscaria »

1 new map and some sprites.
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

I can't download this
Error (403)
It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Link updated.
shannydez

Post by shannydez »

hi Eriance,
weapons you show is amazingLy awesome. :rocket:
good job :thumb:
full of entertainment and satisfaction when playing games. :chainsaw2:

Last edited by shannydez on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

shannydez wrote:hi Eriance,
weapons you show is amazingLy awesome. :rocket:
good job :thumb:
full of entertainment and satisfaction when playing games. :chainsaw2:
thank you. :)
CorSair

Post by CorSair »

Damn. This has been almost ages in here, and I only loaded it week ago... :/

Few things to note and some questions....

Played through the episode one. It is awesome. Good maps, challenging areas, and balanced ammo system, so I need to be bit tactical of what to use next. Nice work! :)

The standard shotgun becomes, in my opinion, redundant weapon, once you grab the automatic shotgun. Is this meant to be so, or is there differences between these guns? I haven't notice.

I noticed that Vorpal Sword can deflect enemy projectile attacks away from you or back to them, but I only seem to get them only randomly. And trying to deflect them intentionally leads only more hurt.
Any tips how to deflect least 75% of attacks away? :P
.:edit:.
Just for record, I managed now to block arch-vile's incineration. Beat that. :roll:

Anyway, waiting for Episode 3 with great anticipation! :D
How long does that take, though?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

The Auto-SG is a special weapon, and is only found in a secret in the secret map. Given that, it is meant to make the original shotgun redundant once, and if you get it. :P I wouldn't make a double-secret weapon not significant better than the normal SG. It does, however, have the drawback of the reload. It's probably not that noticable in single player, though.

The Vorpal blade reflects when the weapon is in the middle of the screen. You should look at the decorate to give you an idea how long to wait before you want to swing it. This is probably a behavior that I will remove from later versions of the mod, as it is possible to abuse it and run through certain areas without taking much damage.
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

I like the reflective nature of the Vorpal Blade. You should keep it in.
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

awwwwwh why replace the repeater that gun was fun as hell i use it in my mod as the explosive repeater (it fires 15mm armor piercing incendiary rounds)
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

The gun was never going to be used (originally the now canceled Episode 4 plasma-gun level weapon). It was so OPed, that I can't possibly put it into multiplayer.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Eriance wrote:The gun was never going to be used (originally the now canceled Episode 4 plasma-gun level weapon). It was so OPed, that I can't possibly put it into multiplayer.
I did rebalance it, for the R667 version. :P
The Vorpal blade reflects when the weapon is in the middle of the screen. You should look at the decorate to give you an idea how long to wait before you want to swing it. This is probably a behavior that I will remove from later versions of the mod, as it is possible to abuse it and run through certain areas without taking much damage.
I wanted to suggest you increase the duration it's reflective. It's really tricky to pull off, but I guess it's balanced enough how it is. :P
Gez

Post by Gez »

I don't really care for the reflective effect of the vorpal blade, because whenever I try to use it, I just end up being burned as the fireball connects too early or too late or whatever. Dodging the projectile is a lot more reliable.
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

well as long as the laser is as badass looking as the repeater i dont give a damn :)
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

Gez wrote:I don't really care for the reflective effect of the vorpal blade, because whenever I try to use it, I just end up being burned as the fireball connects too early or too late or whatever. Dodging the projectile is a lot more reliable.
I suppose if there was more incentive to using the blade, it might be better. Like, for example, blocking attacks with it doesn't reflect the attack, but charges the sword and makes the next melee attack with it more powerful. But that might be too gimmicky.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

The incentive for using the incentive is ammo saving and being able to regenerate your health without spending ammo. It's definitely a life saver in many of the later maps. Also, swinging the Vorpal Blade during an archvile attack practically makes the archvile harmless. It's hard to pull off but can be reliably done when you get used to it.

I tend to use the vorpal blade to kill demons/spectres, and bloodfiends/lurkers. It saves a huge amount of ammo that alerts me get more careless later on.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”