Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Virtue

Re: Demon Eclipse: Hell-forged Edition (WIP) - New Beta.

Post by Virtue »

Hey Eriance, are you gonna do a Doomsphere powered Vorpal Blade? the old one glowed green if I remember correctly.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Nope. I don't find it necessary. A different ready state cause the weapon to deselect and select again when the power-up runs out. Also, the blade now stays charged after you reach 100% and can be used repeatedly until the player uses the alt-fire to shoot out all of the wave attack. This gives a damage boost until the charge is used.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

After some 4 months of inactivity, I'm getting back onto working on my on-and-off progress for DE: Hellforged Edition. I'm going to start off by finishing up the Draugr with a better design. The goal is to get all the sprites for a single direction completed per day. Not sure if that's realistic.

The_Funktasm

Post by The_Funktasm »

Eriance wrote:After some 4 months of inactivity, I'm getting back onto working on my on-and-off progress for DE: Hellforged Edition. I'm going to start off by finishing up the Draugr with a better design. The goal is to get all the sprites for a single direction completed per day. Not sure if that's realistic.

Well that is pretty goldang friggin' awesome. Only way it'd be cooler is with a special punching gauntlet, but even then, it'd only be tweaking what is pretty much awesome already.
Edit: noticed the bracers have a knuckle section. That's awesome enough. Bad-ass edit.
Last edited by The_Funktasm on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

it's wonderful that eriance is back on track with this thread, i should knew that draugar was used to be a fuse of the starting!
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

aren't the legs looking too small compared to the rest of the body?..or is that due to the armor...
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Machine-Reaper wrote:aren't the legs looking too small compared to the rest of the body?..or is that due to the armor...
His legs are bent, so from the front they may look a little small.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

The movement of the legs looks seamless so far but the movement of the arms is too heavy I think. It doesn't really "flow" if you know what I mean.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Tormentor667 wrote:The movement of the legs looks seamless so far but the movement of the arms is too heavy I think. It doesn't really "flow" if you know what I mean.
That's what the original Revenant looks like. I just added the armor.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Never noticed that :) But then I guess it's perfect :D
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Started to mapping again as a break between spriting. Finishing up the former Episode 2's secret map:

I've decided on make some large changes to DE, namely dropping episode 1 and all its resources from the project to increase the focus on the Hell-tech aspect. Read the OP for more details.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Demon Eclipse: Hell-forged Edition (WIP)

Post by Ed the Bat »

Will the existing Episode 1 be repackaged into a separate project? Even if it's inconsistent with the rest of the project now, it's still fun and good-looking; maybe just give it a different title?
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i do agree that the previous E1 could get a separate release. the hell-tech E2 (or well, E1 now) is decidedly superior to the tech-base episode, but it'd be a shame to see it shafted and forgotten.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

I was planning to stretch EP1 out, but no time right now. I'll leave that for the future, or someone else to do. I'm just going to focus all my attention on completing the hell-tech demon sprites, and the old Episode 2 and make another release.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”