Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Demon Eclipse - Dropped.

Post by leileilol »

Good luck eriance. life issues suck. OA3 would have come out in 2010 had i not have had them
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Eriance wrote:Those aren't finished yet. So I never released them. I will when I complete them - if I have time.
Alright, well, take your time then. Life comes first, and all that. Sorry to have bothered you about it.
Hellsmith1

Post by Hellsmith1 »

It is going to be hard seeing Eriance retire from zdoom form for good you guys but this is what we all going to be doing too and I don't like saying that but its true and time is going to fast on us all and we cannot keep up with it at all. Its what they say (Don't start something new that you can't finish 1st).
ippiki

Post by ippiki »

When I try to load the wad with GZdoom the first level is just an empty square room. And when I try to load other episodes it gives the error "could not find map DE3M1".
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

ippiki wrote:When I try to load the wad with GZdoom the first level is just an empty square room. And when I try to load other episodes it gives the error "could not find map DE3M1".
The first map of the first episode was never finished when I decided to remake it. Maps work on from 2 and up. 2 and 3 are new, 4 is old, and 5-8 are ancient. The secret map (DE2M9) is the newest map in that episode.
KingShinra

Post by KingShinra »

I can understand Eriance. Real life got me as well.
Great work regardless.
Death Egg

Post by Death Egg »

Does anyone have the second link available? It's dead.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Either the first one. Now that's really sad.

But i'm pretty sure wolfman in this thread will know where they went.
Death Egg

Re: Demon Eclipse (WIP) - Grenade Launcher Complete p.225

Post by Death Egg »

Blox wrote:2/3rds of original intensity:

Oughta be sharper without aliasing showing up.
Out of curiosity are these sprites fine to use as public domain resources? On that note is there a list of all the DE weapons that can be used as such?
plague_spreader

Re: Demon Eclipse: Hell-forged Edition (WIP)

Post by plague_spreader »

Amuscaria wrote:But given the state of progress (or lack thereof) for the project recently, I think it would be better to just leave it for others to finish
Hi everybody.

I am new to this forum (but not to the Doom game which I've played it for 20 years) and I DO LOVE this wad. Since you gave everybody the permission to complete your wad I would really like to take on this challenge (which it is since I don't know anything about ZDoom map making process, pardon me if I am too cocky for overtaking this challenge). I just made this post because I hope it's really ok with you if I'm going to put your hands on something you have created and maybe develop the infamous third episode (and the lacking features here and there like the secondary fire mode of the 1st episode weapons) in a way that maybe defies to your mapping/spriting/everthing style.

Just know that, if I'm given permission to complete your wad obviously, I do not know anything about modding so I need to go throughout the entire learning process so it may take a while for me to finish it. :P

Thanks in advance.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Demon Eclipse: Hell-forged Edition (WIP)

Post by NeuralStunner »

Welcome to the forum!
plague_spreader wrote:Since you gave everybody the permission to complete your wad I would really like to take on this challenge (which it is since I don't know anything about ZDoom map making process, pardon me if I am too cocky for overtaking this challenge).
Indeed, that's a lot of work to take on right now. But one of the best ways to learn, I think, is digging into "live code" and seeing what does what.

The [wiki=Main_Page]ZDoom wiki[/wiki] can get you started on how code and utilities work. And we can help you in the editing forum if you get stuck.

Finally, once you're comfortable with modding, it would be a good time to make some small mods of your own, maybe addons for another mod (with the author's permission of course). I'm sure DE will still be here when you're ready for it. :)
el armadillo2

Post by el armadillo2 »

Does anyone know what the "Guru" from DEHE-RES is supposed to be?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

el armadillo2 wrote:Does anyone know what the "Guru" from DEHE-RES is supposed to be?
It was an unfinished monster for the, then planned, episode 3. It summoned monsters and cast curses at you like the Heirophant.
el armadillo2

Post by el armadillo2 »

Amuscaria wrote:
el armadillo2 wrote:Does anyone know what the "Guru" from DEHE-RES is supposed to be?
It was an unfinished monster for the, then planned, episode 3. It summoned monsters and cast curses at you like the Heirophant.
Like it summoned some special monster that can only be summoned by it or just ordinary enemies from the game/mod?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

el armadillo2 wrote:
Amuscaria wrote:
Like it summoned some special monster that can only be summoned by it or just ordinary enemies from the game/mod?
Original idea was it summoned all non-construct monsters 250 HP or below. So anything up to the Bloodfiend.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”