Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

kmxexii

Re: Demon Eclipse (WIP) - Abandoned

Post by kmxexii »

Eriance wrote:One last beta with all the latest stuff will be uploaded once I complete the near-finished stuff. In all, episodes 1-2 will be fully playable.
Thank you for this!
Springy

Post by Springy »

Sad news it truly is but it's understandable that you have other things in life to do. It's amazing what you have achieved in this one man project regardless of being completed or not.
I would have loved to see your take on the remaining weapons, though. The weapon designs of Demon Eclipse are what got me hooked.
Same, the designs are very impressive.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Was this ever more needed? :

Very understandable reasons, of course, but that doesn't stop it being disappointing.
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

It's sad to hear when a project of this scale and quality can't be taken any further, though the reasons for it are completely understandable. Thanks, Eriance, for your continued generosity in allowing your hard work to be used freely. You've provided a fantastic resource to the community.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

esselfortium wrote:Thanks, Eriance, for your continued generosity in allowing your hard work to be used freely. You've provided a fantastic resource to the community.
Indeed. The popularity of the DE resources is a testament to their quality and Eriance's generosity and willingness to share them has provided many people with an opportunity to enhance their own creations or just their fun when playing mods that use them. Thank you Eriance.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

I'm not entirely sure what DE meant to me. It was an incredibly fun and good-looking level set and, well, I think the EP-2 weapons inspired me a lot. I always loved their designs. So while I'd love to make a large post about all my experiences with this, I...didn't really have enough experiences with this. :P

Still, it's a great project without playing, and an even better one when you do so. I remember the old version on /idgames, then seeing this and just being amazed at how plain better it was. I've used the beautiful resources countless times, and I honestly think some of my crazier ideas would never have come to fruition without the EP-2 arsenal.

So, yeah, thanks for everything, Eriance. It's a shame this couldn't have been completed, but it's mark is going to be left even in its unfinished state.

Verb on, drawdude.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Shame that we'll never see a finish to this but for what it's worth what DID get done was plenty excellent anyway.

Really love the gun sprites. Grateful you'll be releasing the resources to the community! :)
printz

Post by printz »

Enjay wrote:
esselfortium wrote:Thanks, Eriance, for your continued generosity in allowing your hard work to be used freely. You've provided a fantastic resource to the community.
Indeed. The popularity of the DE resources is a testament to their quality and Eriance's generosity and willingness to share them has provided many people with an opportunity to enhance their own creations or just their fun when playing mods that use them. Thank you Eriance.
Absolutely agreed. Some of my favourite monsters are by Eriance: the Devils, Archons of Hell, Hades Elementals, Fallen; just to name a few.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

:(

That's a real shame. Demon Eclipse was one of those big wads that's always in the background, slowly advancing and looking better and better every time you have a peek in the project thread. Shame to hear you cannot continue, though the amount of quality resources you've created over the years has been insane. :P
printz

Post by printz »

Eriance wrote:One last beta with all the latest stuff will be uploaded once I complete the near-finished stuff. In all, episodes 1-2 will be fully playable. Although I really wanted to redo some of the later Ep2 maps, no motivation comes to me for DE anymore. I've yet to really playtest the unfinished secret map for EP2, and I'm not even motivated to finish it. Needless to say, Episode 3 won't be a reality until I have a lot more time to 3D model the other 20 monsters I would need, as well as draw the hundreds of textures I would need for each of the 6-themed maps. Episode 3 might have been better off as it's own mod. :P
Awesome, I'm glad it can be called a day and released proudly. I feared Ep2 wasn't completed, but now Ep3 can be safely considered under wraps for another project another time.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Dang, this went through alot considering it was just made by a one man team.
Its a shame, I guess no matter how hard you try, you realy have to at least have one other guy to help.

But all that aside, its realy a shame that you had to abandon this considering how much effort you pur into this, who knows? You might even pick it up several years later like x-doom did recently.

P.S. You don't mind uploading all your weapon sprites and monsters seperately in the resources forum right?
P.S.S. You are still gonna visit the forums from time to time right?
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Figures...
Nothing with an "episode 3" is ever going to get released ever again, is it? :P
Medricel

Post by Medricel »

insightguy wrote:P.S. You don't mind uploading all your weapon sprites and monsters seperately in the resources forum right?
I believe most of his stuff can be found in the repository at Realm667.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Hey, Eriance. You probably don't really know me, I'm just another face on the forums. But you were a big personal inspiration for me. I'm not really much of an artist, but looking at all the art you did put a giant foot to my ass to continue working.

I just want to say thank you for all you've done with this. Thank you for all the incredible content you've put out for the community, and good luck on your next project. I'm really looking forward to it.
BloodyAcid

Post by BloodyAcid »

I've been keeping a watch on this project a while back before I registered on these forums. It's extremely sad to see this project go, but i wish you the best of luck in the future (and withat that 0.1 GPA :))

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”