Demon Eclipse: Hell-forged Edition (WIP) - New Beta.

For in-development or completed ZDoom projects
Forum rules
Got a cool project idea but nothing else? This forum is NOT for you! Put it in this thread instead!
Please read the full rules for more details.

Demon Eclipse: Hell-forged Edition (WIP) - New Beta.

Postby Eriance » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:30 pm

This project has been silent for a few months now due to real-life issues with job search and studying to take the GRE to get into Grad-school. Other than that, working and commissions are leaving me with little motivation to work on this at the moment. I've decided to upload what I have completed so far to let people play around with the content.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/540b5ruq2xfrq1l/DE-Beta80.zip

Most of the new weapons are not yet polished and their sounds and effects will probably be updated in the future. Their basic function, though has been finalized. I still need 4 more weapons completed for Episode 2, and 2 for Episode 1 to finalized the weapons. None of the newer Episode 2 monsters have been finished to any satisfactory point, so they are not included here. Same with the maps.

Until I get a permanent job, this project will remain on hiatus. So until next time.
Last edited by Eriance on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 175 times in total.
Eriance
Now delivering MORE of LESS!

Postby hnsolo77 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:33 pm

those look awsome, keep up the good work man
hnsolo77
if your life had a face Kim would punch it.

Postby wildweasel » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:52 pm

Eriance wrote:I was running GZdoom 1.22 and noticed that anything with a A_Explode seems to do a balooza of damage. Is that some sort of bug? Or is A_Explode no longer used in the old fashion. I wasn't dooming for a few months and am not aware of anything that has been mentioned recently.

That is a bug in GZDoom 1.0.22. You'll need to download an unofficial version that has the A_Explode fix included.
wildweasel
oh fine you get the old one back

Postby Eriance » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:53 pm

wildweasel wrote:That is a bug in GZDoom 1.0.22. You'll need to download an unofficial version that has the A_Explode fix included.

Where can get the unofficial version. I checked on the Gzdoom website and didn't find a link to it.
Eriance
Now delivering MORE of LESS!

Postby TheDarkArchon » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:05 pm

TheDarkArchon
OUT!

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:30 am

Eriance, you are crazy :) Your work is absolutely admirable, without any doubt and I can't wait for Episode 3 :)
Tormentor667

Postby BlazingPhoenix » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:50 am

Wow, I can't wait for the new episode, awesome job Eriance. :)
BlazingPhoenix
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Re: The Demon Eclipse Thread - New weapons up

Postby Karnizero » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:48 am

Eriance wrote:I couldnt find my old threads so i made a new one (Search option gave me a bunch of unrelated threads). I'll post the updates and NEWs on Demon Eclipse and the new sprite sheets for those that dont want to wait for the beta releases.

New Gargoyle Wand:

I got bored last night and i remade the Gargoyle wand from scratch. Didn't want to continue using that chepa Heretic recolor forever.

Hellforge Cannon:

Replaces the mace-weapon, but does more or less the same thing. Againm, didnt want to use Heretic ripoffs forever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEWS:

I'm currently finishing the DE-Ep3 weapon CGs and decorating them. I decided to get rid of a some weapons as there were simply too many and some of them did more or less the same things. There will not be 7 weapons (excluding Vorpal Blade) for Demon Eclipse: Episode 3. Each uses it's own ammo, and on the will regenerate ammo on it's "home stage". I'm still trying to figure out what i want a few of them to do.

Unlike other Doom mods, there will be NO pea-shooter/pistol equivilent weappns for EP3. Instead, you will start with the Vorpal Blade and there will be 1 weapon per 6 stage, and the 5 pieces of the Unmaker you will collect in 5 of them to assemble your ultimate weapon. Each weapon will have two modes of fire, i'll figure them all out eventually. The graphics are mostly done, i just need to add some highlights and need to CG 2 more weapons and their pickup and projectiles/attack-graphics.

I'm finishing up the remake of the 10th mape "Hellkeep". Running into a slight mappers block at the moment though. Hopefully it will be finishes sometime this week along with all the Ep3 weapons.

DE-EP3 monsters are taking a long time. Currently finishing up the Chaos-Elemental and the Hellstorm Soul Harvester. I'm almost done editing the Anagorak (of HS) from the heresiarch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[...]

OMG!!!!!

Really, you are a real fuking artist!!! (in the good sense, of course :-P)

I need some Monsters, Characters and Weapons like this for my TC (an Heretic Total Conversion)
Do you mind if i get those both weapons for my TC? :roll:
(or if a take some monsters/Characters for my TC?)
Karnizero

Postby eliw00d » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:11 am

any chance you'll ever make more human/uac weapons?
eliw00d
What is derp? KV don't hurt me. Don't hurt me no more.

Postby NiGHTMARE » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:36 am

Those do look awesome :).

eliw00d: I seem to recall, but could be mistaken, that DE Episode 4 will be set on Earth/in a human outpost of some kind. So presumably that will make use of more human-built weapons.
NiGHTMARE
.now.

Postby Jimmy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:54 am

I have to say, these are probably the best sprites you've done so far. I can't tell exactly what the Hellforge Cannon is supposed to be, though. Is it some kind of demon vertebrate with a smashed skull?
Jimmy
>:D

Postby eliw00d » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:36 am

NiGHTMARE wrote:Those do look awesome :).

eliw00d: I seem to recall, but could be mistaken, that DE Episode 4 will be set on Earth/in a human outpost of some kind. So presumably that will make use of more human-built weapons.

man, i would love to see a rifle or sub-machine gun made by eriance. or more frames for his existing weapons! wink wink nudge nudge say no more...
eliw00d

Postby sirjuddington » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:51 am

eliw00d wrote:
NiGHTMARE wrote:Those do look awesome :).

man, i would love to see a rifle or sub-machine gun made by eriance. or more frames for his existing weapons! wink wink nudge nudge say no more...

I agree :P There seems to be a lack of good centered custom (sub)machine guns / rifles for doom...
sirjuddington
I need no title.

Postby eliw00d » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:54 am

SlayeR wrote:I agree :P There seems to be a lack of good centered custom (sub)machine guns / rifles for doom...

indeed. i drool at the thought of an eriance smg or rifle, in the style he made his uac weapons.
eliw00d

Postby Evil Watermelon » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:03 am

Dude. Sweet. :shock:
Evil Watermelon
Duck and cover! THE FUSE IS LIT!

Next

Return to Projects