Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Abba Zabba

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated June 29, 2015]

Post by Abba Zabba »

wildweasel wrote:
Lava Grunt wrote:Bug: picking up SMGs even though you already are holding one will switch the mode around randomly. Ones dropped by you (empty weapons aren't affected I'm guessing) don't cause this, but picking up ones dropped from SS certainly makes it happen.
I sort of wonder if this is intentional; not every weapon you find will be set to the same fire mode, for example.
The random fire mode thing is an intentional feature; however, having it change the mode of the one in your hands simply by picking up ones off the ground dropped by enemies isn't I'm pretty sure. I'm also not sure if random fire modes for non player-dropped guns is unique only to the SMG. It would be cool to see the rifles with this feature as well if it's not the case.

It's all got to do with the actors. The ammo-less gun actor the player drops with ZDoom weapon drop or HD weapon drop is something like "HDSMGDropped".
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated July 6, 2015]

Post by Matt »

NEW UPDATE!

Changes:
  • Bugfix: Picking up a dropped SMG even while you already had an SMG would randomize your fire select.
  • Bugfix: Chaingunners could track a target with an accuracy far, far beyond what the vulcanette handling or mechanics would imply. They're now a good deal slower and less able to track you while they shoot.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Welp, that does it. I'm gonna make an actual zip full of these mini-addons i've made. Because i've decided that i'll want to make an addon out of my lockdefs : P

Good. I'll appreciate less aim-bot chaingunners.

EDIT: Vaecrius, the HD.pk7 is still a 7zip file. Made a tiny whoopsie, did ya? : P

EDIT 2: Vaecrius, could you possibly put a link to my addons thread in the OP? I seem to be having a lot of trouble keeping it on the first few pages of the ZDoom Projects forum and I wouldn't want people to miss what I made : P
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Figured I'd forget to change that at least once. Will change next update (assuming I remember - if not, might just name 'em all 7zs from now on).

Link added to OP!
Silentdarkness12

Thank you!

Also, @Vaecrius, the link to the realAim mod that you put in the OP, you didn't put the full address in. It's missing the h at the start. :3
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

I am now running HD on GZDoom pre-1.9 using GFX from May patched over the last functional version for this reiteration of GZDoom which is.... November 11th? I may not have bandaging or portable gizmos and gadgets but I like being able to play this mod. And what do you know, 1.9 runs faster than 1.8.6 and even faster than 2.1+ iterations of GZDoom. By the way, I played an old school map called RIENZI. It's a normal singular Doom II map, though with it's varying close quarters environments, dark lighting and less-detailed emphasized layout, it is perfect for a warm-up or exploring shrines and sanctums hidden throughout ruptured asphalt and concrete! Play with the Dark Ambience Pack and Dark Doom for a complete immersion into something quite Hideous.

Silentdarkness12

RUNSABER wrote:I am now running HD on GZDoom pre-1.9 using GFX from May patched over the last functional version for this reiteration of GZDoom which is.... November 11th? I may not have bandaging or portable gizmos and gadgets but I like being able to play this mod. And what do you know, 1.9 runs faster than 1.8.6 and even faster than 2.1+ iterations of GZDoom. By the way, I played an old school map called RIENZI. It's a normal singular Doom II map, though with it's varying close quarters environments, dark lighting and less-detailed emphasized layout, it is perfect for a warm-up or exploring shrines and sanctums hidden throughout ruptured asphalt and concrete! Play with the Dark Ambience Pack and Dark Doom for a complete immersion into something quite Hideous.
How did you even get this to run? Really. On map load, it crashes for me, saying that sector 509 has no lines.

Also, a question regarding my playthrough. I'm gonna change quite a few things once episode 1 is done. How would you guys like me to use Dark Doom and the flashlight? And which version, Lite, normal or Black?

EDIT: So it just randomly decides whether to work or not. Also, Vaecrius, if you do that, you might want to update the instructions to reflect the fact that you need to load the 7z as an external file. So that people are less confused.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:
RUNSABER wrote:I am now running HD on GZDoom pre-1.9 using GFX from May patched over the last functional version for this reiteration of GZDoom which is.... November 11th? I may not have bandaging or portable gizmos and gadgets but I like being able to play this mod. And what do you know, 1.9 runs faster than 1.8.6 and even faster than 2.1+ iterations of GZDoom. By the way, I played an old school map called RIENZI. It's a normal singular Doom II map, though with it's varying close quarters environments, dark lighting and less-detailed emphasized layout, it is perfect for a warm-up or exploring shrines and sanctums hidden throughout ruptured asphalt and concrete! Play with the Dark Ambience Pack and Dark Doom for a complete immersion into something quite Hideous.
How did you even get this to run? Really. On map load, it crashes for me, saying that sector 509 has no lines.

Also, a question regarding my playthrough. I'm gonna change quite a few things once episode 1 is done. How would you guys like me to use Dark Doom and the flashlight? And which version, Lite, normal or Black?

EDIT: So it just randomly decides whether to work or not. Also, Vaecrius, if you do that, you might want to update the instructions to reflect the fact that you need to load the 7z as an external file. So that people are less confused.
Dark Doom Lite, plus the full-strength flashlight. The other Dark Dooms either wind up ruining a lot of the in-game lights (interior lighting) or removing them (making outdoor areas a bit silly). And the lite flashlight isn't nearly strong enough for the distances involved in HD.
Silentdarkness12

Yeah, some testing has shown this much. I'll make sure to do that. I'm also gonna be using my addon combo pack. I like to think my HUD isn't COMPLETE garbage : X

EDIT: Oh man, the Droplets mod is absolutely CRUCIAL. Especially in coop, so you can tell if a teammate is bleeding.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Yeah. With mods, Hideous Destructor starts feeling way less like DooM and way more like STALKER. :P
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

It works dandy for me - also works for Doom II so it should run just fine.. then again it could be my version of GZDoom. I got this all to work by taking a version of Hideous that works with my port without errors, using the GFX wad from a new and recent version of HD, and repackaged it as a pk3. No matter how you package it, it will run as if it were the real thing :) No DEF editing required!

And for running your maps in Dark Doom, I would like to see you use the full lights! I used the lite version of the flashlight because my computer can handle it at the cost of a little framerate loss. It could take your usual 10-20 minute runs and transform them into half-hour to full hour survival situations, you might even jump scare a bit!
Water Hazard

Post by Water Hazard »

This mod is sooooo cool! I even nicknamed "Ghost Recon: Doom"! :D
RUNSABER wrote: And for running your maps in Dark Doom, I would like to see you use the full lights! I used the lite version of the flashlight because my computer can handle it at the cost of a little framerate loss. It could take your usual 10-20 minute runs and transform them into half-hour to full hour survival situations, you might even jump scare a bit!
I also used DarkDoom Lite with NDCP2 Megawad! Kinda felt the need of a Underbarrel Shotgun Attachment for the Assault Rifle... Any chance of this suggestion make it into future versions?
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Water Hazard wrote:
I also used DarkDoom Lite with NDCP2 Megawad! Kinda felt the need of a Underbarrel Shotgun Attachment for the Assault Rifle... Any chance of this suggestion make it into future versions?
Ah dude, I would have loved to play co-op with you on that if I knew how! That's one of my favorite megawads :p You say that you have an attachment for the ZM66? It would be pretty nice to switch from normal fire to a tiny Hunter attachment found from either jacking Boots, cracking the green boxes without blowing them up, or random backpack pickups even. Maybe it replaces a random ammo item pick up that spawns with a 1/4 chance.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

@Vaecrius
Could you use PK7 as the extension? It's kinda the standard extension for loadable 7z files and makes it less confusing for people who aren't expecting it to be a PK7.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

I think it was PK7 for the longest time (except for that one update a month ago or so where it was also 7Z.) I don't have problems with the different file types but it does mess up my load list as it's set for a different extension. Is one objectively better than the other?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”