Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated May 24, 2016]

Post by Matt »

SMG does load 30+1, it just is currently theoretically capable of loading 31+1. Will fix.

I discovered the Libby bug last night while trying to compare it to the Vulc.

Vulc, though... that's worked for me, unless I somehow fixed, then broke, then uploaded, then fixed again.

Can't replicate the tapnudgefly thing, no matter how fast I mash the two keys. Is there a specific sequence, and how far does the player levitate?
Big C

Post by Big C »

Tapnudgefly thing seems to happen when you repeatedly mash forward + jump in sync, and you levitate until you're about maybe 2/3 full of fatigue. So pretty dang high.
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

Vaecrius wrote:I've tended to view it as extract from bottom, shoot at top, eject waste gas/broken rounds/etc. on the other side (which I should fix since they're now all on the same side) and cool before picking up another round.
Yes, I understand this but obviously it does not eject just from reving past the firing point, it ejects from FIRING, opening / cooling after the firing position before accepting the next round inside said chamber. HOWEVER. Lets say the gun is reving around and not firing, why would all the chambers not get filled? You have 6, and I see no reason why a chamber would be skipped because theres already 3 filled. I mean, there are 6, right? Why wouldn't it fill all the chambers, instead of arbitrarily only filling half, and / or, why would it only fill chambers if the fire button is depressed? If its revving, I would suspect the magazine feed system would fill the chamber if there was room. Just my thoughts of course... I don't understand why only half would be used, for any reason. But, this entails that the rev up / down function is re-added, and that revving it up would also allow chambers to be filled up by itself without being forced to press the fire button. It also makes sense if all chambers are filled how it could fire without skipping the beat from randomly hitting the trigger, as if you only have half filled, its a game of russian roulette if you actually fire or not, depending if you hit an empty, or full chamber. emulating THAT of course would be a bitch, and IMO too much work, but I think its reasonable all 6 chambers can be filled.

Can confirm the weird jetpack like glitch, its kinda hard to do, but it can be done to easily scale stuff 4 times what you normally can.
TheMightyHeracross

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated May 16, 2016]

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

There is no need to make all the animations just take pure gore and add it when monster is shot or xdeath. Most blood and meat without precise limbs etc can be added.

You would just make one actor that would throw it all as it would be summoned on death or hit. This is not huge work. And it would be very in brutal doom way. Actually in doom way.

Don't try to evade the development say all of this is too hard.
Right, just add an over-the-top burst of blood and guts without an animation to go with it. It won't look ridiculous at all. Then attempt to pressure him by saying he's "evading development" or whatever as if it's his job and you have some sort of entitlement. Not like he's doing it on his own time or anything.

Hey, asshole, if you want Brutal Doom, go and play Brutal Doom. No one wants your shitposting in this thread.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Dude, he's been marked and more-or-less banned for some while now. No need to dredge up the old unpleasantness at this point.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Yeah like...at this point you're talking to a "user" who has been IP banned repeatedly and has no intention of being productive.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

At this point the only way you can spin the vulcanette without firing it is if somehow every round is broken, or the gun is empty. The spinning mechanism is part of the firing mechanism (which is what bothered me about how it used to work since it severed the two functions without providing any explanation as to how it did so).

After looking at the code I think I can see how the jetpack thing works. I think the jumping code is due for another major overhaul...
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Line 453 in dcpickups.txt: class "StoredDERP" does not exist
Matt

Post by Matt »

Fuck, apparently A_CheckBlock is glitched??? If I put it into an anonymous function the entire block doesn't execute.

So yay even more invisible projectile hacks...
Big C

Post by Big C »

Regarding the SMG:

Basically I loaded a full magazine + chamber and there was a grey/unloaded sliver on the ammo bar.

This didn't happen with other guns with an ammo bar so I assumed that it must not have fully loaded/chambered properly.

Speaking of the SMG, since it's supposed to be a suppressed SMG I think it would make a sound less like the DooM pistol and more like...I dunno, a duck farting. A PIT PIT PIT PIT PIT sound.

EDIT: Also, if the Boss/Libby rounds are as big as I'm getting the impression they're supposed to be, I think they should have somewhat more recoil. (Although given how much the Libby makes the screen shake I'm guessing the recoil is mostly directed backwards instead of upwards.)
Matt

Post by Matt »

Yup, that's what I had found. "HDSMGLoaded" should have only a maximum of 30 now that the chamber is a separate ammo count, but the current build is still max 31.

The whole suppressor thing started off as more of a comment on how people seem to hate the DSPISTOL sound and keep trying to replace it with something bigger and meatier-sounding :P

fwiw this MP5 is still pretty audible even outside with subsonic ammo (I couldn't really hear the difference between super and sub myself) with a bunch of shooting going on in the background.

And after comparing strafing accuracy for full-auto Liberator and Vulcanette, frankly your comments are the only thing (besides the usual bias against balance for its own sake) keeping me from reducing recoil for the Libby!
mumblemumble

Post by mumblemumble »

I don't think reducing the libby accuracy is at all a good idea : Isn't it supposed to be like an AK47 or something? That size of a rifle has hell for recoil, keeping it under control standing is daunting, much less while moving. The Libby is already a REALLY good gun, reasonably light, able to make new ammo at level end, accurate, powerful, good for both sniping, and bulldozing over heavy targets by dumping a full magazine on them. Only real reason I dislike it is you can only craft bullets at intermissions, ammo is rather rare (batteries are divided into actual batteries, libby mags, and turrets : fuck turrets btw) so while its a damn good gun, its harder to get ammo for it.

I suppose the comparison of the vulcanette and the libby was a bit much, recovery from a jump is a bit slower due to the weight, you aren't QUITE as agile, but the fact the current build you could still jump, and fire a spray of lead without any time expended to handle the gun really bothered me. INfact, maybe jumping should have a slight randomized aim throw off just for this reason, I think if I jumped to the left or right to dodge something, I couldn't raise my gun back up in the exact same angle. Infact, maybe that should happen for switching guns too.

I'm also noticing the vulc consumes a metric fuck watt more in electricity than the old setup, firing through an entire 5 mag fill on high power seems to consume almost 3 times as before. Just another reason I hate the current setup =) I've reverted back 2 versions just until the vulc is something acceptable
Last edited by mumblemumble on Thu May 26, 2016 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Vaecrius wrote:Yup, that's what I had found. "HDSMGLoaded" should have only a maximum of 30 now that the chamber is a separate ammo count, but the current build is still max 31.

The whole suppressor thing started off as more of a comment on how people seem to hate the DSPISTOL sound and keep trying to replace it with something bigger and meatier-sounding :P

fwiw this MP5 is still pretty audible even outside with subsonic ammo (I couldn't really hear the difference between super and sub myself) with a bunch of shooting going on in the background.

And after comparing strafing accuracy for full-auto Liberator and Vulcanette, frankly your comments are the only thing (besides the usual bias against balance for its own sake) keeping me from reducing recoil for the Libby!
The main noise from that MP5 is the bolt clicking and the supersonic projectile, though, as far as I can tell. Much less noise from the actual ignition.
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

Vaecrius wrote:Yup, that's what I had found. "HDSMGLoaded" should have only a maximum of 30 now that the chamber is a separate ammo count, but the current build is still max 31.

The big difference I hear is that the supersonic rounds make quite a bit of echo after firing, I'm not hearing anything after the subsonics.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Is it just me or has the HEAT rocket disappeared completely from any sort of drop?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”