Hideous Destructor 4.10.0b

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Abba Zabba

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated December 15, 2014]

Post by Abba Zabba »

Personally, I think it would just be better for it to all be automatic. Even early on you can often find brass here and there before you find a rifle, so why shouldn't you make ammo? I also didn't check if the conversion happened or not over to the next level since I didn't have a 7.76mm weapon. That stuff is cumulative.
Jebediah

Post by Jebediah »

"Script error, "hd.pk7:actors/dcpickups.txt" line 495:
Invalid state parameter a_dropitem" What am I doing wrong?
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Update your GZDoom. Your version hasn't included that feature.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

On that note, y'all might want to update again because next update's gonna use this.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Hideous Destructor [last update dated December 22, 2014]

Post by Matt »

NEW UPDATE!

Changes:
  • Bugfix: Somehow deleted at least one important A_Light0 call in the vulcanette.
  • Bugfix: Crouchtoggle could not be checked. Crouch check now uses APROP_Height instead of input.
  • Bugfix: Non-exploding rockets were making big scorch marks on impact.
  • Bugfix: Various logical problems with zombie death states.
  • Bugfix: Use of "wait" instead of "loop" meant that gibbable corpses other than zombieman were never checking for gib state unless they were knocked off the ground. All waits now replaced with loops, making all corpses much, much easier to gib with the chainsaw now.
  • DERPs now inherit your player colour!
  • Added the Heavy Engagement Rotary Platform (H.E.R.P.) robot! Try it out by selecting the Roboticist class or typing "give HERPUsable" in the console.
  • Changed the order of the playerclasses to something that makes a bit more sense.
  • Changed random drops to give more Liberator/Boss ammo. The chaingun is also replaced with a randomspawner that gives either a Liberator, a Vulcanette or a HERP.
  • Lowered the encumbrance slowdown threshold to 550 from 600, but now it increases if you use stims, berserk packs or blue health magic.
  • Movement penalties from your current weapon are reduced by 1/3 when carrylimit is on, to prevent the effects from unduly stacking.
  • Demoted medic to green armour and one pistol.
  • You now always attempt to save powder and reload brass, whether or you have a brass-cartridge weapon or not.
  • Please update your GZDoom again, as the chainsaw and injector now use +HITTRACER instead of A_RadiusGive. (Burrito confirmed substantially intact after transition.)
  • Lumberjack uses much less ammo (unrelatedly to the above bugfix).
  • Added a new command, hd_drop, which does the reverse of hd_purge: it drops your current weapon and all the ammo for it. If you are playing with encumbrance, it is strongly recommended you bind a key to this.
  • Ammo drops in hd_purge (and hd_drop) are now staggered so they don't all appear in exactly the same spot. If you're trying to undo the consequences of an IDFA, it will look like a steady hose-like stream; I have no plans on making it look less stupid.
  • Grimdark skill now forces the encumbrance rules to apply, regardless of your hd_carrylimit setting.
  • Made grenade launcher-mounted rifles and SMG a little harder to move vertically, to reflect the difference in bulk.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Vaecrius wrote: Please update your GZDoom again, as the chainsaw and injector now use +HITTRACER instead of A_RadiusGive. (Burrito confirmed substantially intact after transition.)
Bless you, Vaecrius. Also, great update!
Big C

Post by Big C »

Bug report: Classic Rifleman starts with a grand total of one bullet in the Liberator's chamber and ZERO additional ammo. O_o

Other than that I like all the changes in this update.
Jack Mackerel

Post by Jack Mackerel »

Big C wrote:Bug report: Classic Rifleman starts with a grand total of one bullet in the Liberator's chamber and ZERO additional ammo. O_o

Other than that I like all the changes in this update.
Getting this, too. Unless it was intentional...
Big C

Post by Big C »

Also bug: When I go over the weapon limit/weight limit, then ditch an offending weapon and go under the limit again, the game won't recognize I'm back under the limit again until I hold 'E' and show myself my status.

Also, about how often is the backpack supposed to spawn now? Because I still only ever see armors where backpacks would normally spawn in vanilla DooM.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

The hd_drop command and hd_purge command both don't work for me. Using GZDoom version g2.1pre-412-g58a3b86. Tried it on both the pistol and the Hot SMG. Nothing happened at all.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:The hd_drop command and hd_purge command both don't work for me. Using GZDoom version g2.1pre-412-g58a3b86. Tried it on both the pistol and the Hot SMG. Nothing happened at all.
Did you go to the controls set-up and assign them to keys? Entering the commands in the console didn't work, but the key-commands did.

Also, bug/oversight: Being above encumbrance prevents the player from being able to pick up presumably-intangible items such as soul/megaspheres.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Big C wrote:
Silentdarkness12 wrote:The hd_drop command and hd_purge command both don't work for me. Using GZDoom version g2.1pre-412-g58a3b86. Tried it on both the pistol and the Hot SMG. Nothing happened at all.
Did you go to the controls set-up and assign them to keys? Entering the commands in the console didn't work, but the key-commands did.

Also, bug/oversight: Being above encumbrance prevents the player from being able to pick up presumably-intangible items such as soul/megaspheres.
Yes. I bound keys and tried the console command. NOTHING.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Backpack is a very rare drop. I don't think it spawns where a backpack would not spawn in vanilla, and that's a randomspawner that shares space with a lot of things.

Re: Lib bug: Are there lots of loose rounds? If so I think I've located the problem - a problem with my grossly inconsistent actor naming method biting me in the acs.

Re: Not being able to use hd_drop and hd_purge: Is hd_carrylimit set to true, or are you playing with the Grimdark skill setting? If neither of those applies, then the commands don't work because I did not think anyone would want them to and deliberately disabled them. I can change this if people want.

Re: Not being able to pick up soul spheres: I saw that, but I'm not terribly inclined to change it. I *can* make the spheres chase after people and explode on them like in the novels though!
Big C

Post by Big C »

Vaecrius wrote:Backpack is a very rare drop. I don't think it spawns where a backpack would not spawn in vanilla, and that's a randomspawner that shares space with a lot of things.

Re: Lib bug: Are there lots of loose rounds? If so I think I've located the problem - a problem with my grossly inconsistent actor naming method biting me in the acs.
RE: Backpack: Oh, okay. I wasn't sure if it was missing or just astronomically rare.

RE: Lib bug: Nope, no loose rounds. I sat on my butt for a whole minute and no new magazines congealed.
Vaecrius wrote: Re: Not being able to pick up soul spheres: I saw that, but I'm not terribly inclined to change it. I *can* make the spheres chase after people and explode on them like in the novels though!
No thank you! D:
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Can confirm that the classic rifleman spawns with a single chambered round in his rifle and no other cartridges...however, he does seem to spawn with a few (like 4 or 5) casings, as when I started the next level I had around 5 or 6 rounds in the gun (from not having picked up anything besides the one chambered round's cartridge from the level prior).

Also, I think there's a bug with DERP targeting. I dropped it in front of what I think was a static HERP to see if the DERP's color would change (which it did, so I'm guessing the inventory sprites change on pickup) and it blasted the HERP. No retaliation from the HERP, so I don't know if it doesn't target it (which means it's working as it should, unlike the DERP) or if it was out of ammo on it's spawn.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”